Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I really want to see proof he speaks the languages he says he does. I don't doubt he's, say, smarter than me, but it does seem like "smart guy" is his brand and my BS alarm is just blaring on the languages thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

There was a marine o-6 in ramadi that ND'd several times. He liked to rant about Obama and how we needed a real president who would let competent badasses like himself do what needed to be done. I'm sure he's extremely happy now, because we live in hell.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Impeachment keeps scandals in the news and right now a majority of the country wants him removed. The pundit class believes it's bad for democrats as an axiom though, and that's the headspace democrats live in, so they're trying to wrap this up quickly.

If it was actually good for republicans you'd see a bunch of vulnerable Rs going all in on defending Trump. But the faster it gets done the faster Pelosi can go back to doing nothing.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

As a result everyone is afraid to relitigate Iraq wish is a shame. The Republicans should have that hung around their necks until they cease existing. I think the Dems are afraid of loving up the narrative by dredging up the past, and some of the older ones are guilty of letting them get away with it at the start knowing it was all lies.

I think the key driver of the Dems silence is that the most powerful members of the party either supported the war outright or at best didn't oppose it. Barack Obama could mention the war but Hillary sure couldn't.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Right wingers have figured out how to consistently have total power with only 42% of the people supporting them and I'm feeling like Trump is going to get reelected.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

More on the weird DoD Facebook post about the Nazi -

https://twitter.com/coreypein/status/1206761415215702016?s=21

https://twitter.com/coreypein/status/1206766662847844353?s=21

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

bulletsponge13 posted:

I figured it was something like if 70% of troops find out their kid is actually a squadmate's, they'd have a pretty interesting mutiny.

Elite warfighters train together

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

I come from a blue collar family, and have worked mostly blue collar or service jobs in my life, and...Joe I gotta disagree that -literally anyone- who can shovel coal can learn to code.

I'm sometimes considered a smart guy irl and have a couple degrees in what could be considered smart guy fields, and through some cosmic accident I even used to actually work for a major tech company occasionally adding some (bad) code to production. Despite that, all my attempts at learning to program for real have ended in ruin. I can't hack it.

Also lol at the idea that if someone does know how to code they just hand you a job now, let alone one that pays decently. It's not 1995 (except in Joe Biden's mind, forever)

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

SOP in these situations is to invade an unallied and uninvolved Muslim nation, so cancel any Indonesian vacation plans you have.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

"but wait, I thought just a little while ago the people there were protesting against Iran? How did this happen?"

HOW INDEED. SO WEIRD. PROBABLY NOT RELATED TO ANYTHING WE DID, THAT'S FOR SURE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Some people think that your embassy getting sacked is bad, but I have good news. It's actually

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1212126024575660035?s=21