Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Brut posted:

Jose Aldo is saying he wants to fight until he's 40, maybe longer, says that he used to just eat whatever and only cut weight before the fight and he now believes that's what made him feel bad enough that he was talking about retiring soon, apparently they've got him eating healthy to make 135 and he says he feels so much better that it's completely changed his mind about his fighting future.

i feel like every time an older fighter comes out and starts talking like this, they get obliterated in their next fight while gassing out in the first round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the middleweight division better be on lookout

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/12/nate-marquardt-explains-mma-comeback-decision-ufc-bellator

the man who lost to sam alvey is coming back, and he is gonna be better than ever. why? the same dumb rear end reasons as always, right?

quote:

Marquardt said he knew he’d return to competition just a few months after he walked away from the sport. “The Great,” who retired in part to focus on being a missionary, said God revealed to him that he’d be fighting again.

“Well it’s kind of a crazy story, man, but I had a dream.” Marquardt said. “God spoke to me, and he confirmed it later in the week by two people I’ve never met before and one friend, as well, that basically I’d be fighting again.

“That was it, man. After I retired, I didn’t train for like two months, and I actually started feeling really bad physically. I was like, ‘Oh man, I need to get back in the gym,’ so I started lifting weights, running, sparring and grappling a little bit, and then I had the dream. So basically, when I retired, I thought that that was it, but I haven’t stopped training. I love mixed martial arts. I love doing it. I love competing, but I really didn’t have a huge desire to compete in it. I was just going to train and maybe teach and stuff like that.”

...... oh.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

can he survive the mummy's curse that aldo will place upon his head?

https://twitter.com/CTGallacher/status/1202335743529684992?s=19

i assumed this picture would be aldo like, "reasonably close" to weight. this is jose aldo at 152 pounds. the withered husk of a man in that picture has to cut 16+ pounds still. holy poo poo moraes is going to absolutely murder him

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

joe rogan's brain worms have gotten real bad folks

https://twitter.com/fullcontactmtwf/status/1202571293968613376?s=21

however i would really like to have seen conor mcgregor KO derek brunson at welterweight randomly during his run to the first title

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

mark hunt is going to be having a heckuva christmas

https://twitter.com/MMAanalytics/status/1203101068986445825

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Brut posted:

Aldo looks like he won't make it to the scale.

why how dare you sir. these are the most healthy legs i've seen on a fella in decades

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

This man is going to fight tomorrow.

And allegedly, so is the skeleton standing next to him.

why does jose aldo look like the guy who was hiding in tony ferguson's walls...........

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Mekchu posted:

No, but we did shut up a stupid idiot and that's always entertaining. Especially when he runs out of the arena shoving people out of his way.

hey thats a very rude accusation to make, blindsite didnt shove anyone as he ran from the posting arena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Ad by Khad posted:

Charismatic? The whiny baby TUF winner that we once had an entire thread in this forum devoted to nothing but re-posting the powdered wig knockout jpg?

yes curiously, a lot of things have changed in the UFC in the 5 years you have not been watching it