Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I legit hope Usman kills Covington

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/Ticketmaster_NZ/status/1201294176417021952

Dan Hooker gets a main event in his home country, that's pretty sweet.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

FakerGayfield posted:

Covington is gonna stuff Usmans takedowns and hit him 300 times and win

"hit" doing a lot of heavy lifting in this statement

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Apparently the fightpass relaunch has happened. Five weeks late, not actually that bad to be honest.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
They said they were going to relaunch fightpass "in October" with new features and an upgrade to HTML5. Not sure what the new features are, but with Flash being turned off soon it needed an upgrade.

Edit: lol

some dude on reddit posted:

Honestly, it’s not great.

There’s no more option to manually select resolution, although there’s no noticeable improvement over previous maximum quality of 720p/30fps - no 1080p, 4K or 60fps in 2020 is a joke. They got rid of Flash at least, but they also removed alternate angles, alternate audio and timeline markers from the video player.

Pages for event replays only have links to the prelim/main card videos, there’s no more full-event fight card and no option to jump to a specific fight straight from the event page. You view a portion of the fight card once you’re in the player, but it's only for fights from that section of the broadcast, and you can't click to jump to specific fights. This makes it slower to find a particular fight if you’re not sure which part of the broadcast it was on, especially for PPVs that have both prelims and early prelims. The event page also no longer includes weigh-in or press-conference videos.

Upcoming events don’t even have a unified event page at all, they’re broken up into separate main card/prelim pages. These pages do have a partial fight card, but only for that section of the broadcast - still no full-event fight card.

Fighter profiles have been removed, so I can’t search for a fighter to get a chronological list of their fight videos. Not such a big deal but it was still a nice feature, and searching for a fighter and then bouncing between the video player and the search results on the new site feels clunkier.

Also the Apple TV app is slower to navigate and feels even more non-native, and there's no more option to view an event’s fight card from the player by swiping up on the remote. Fight Pass 24/7 is available on Apple TV now though which is nice I guess.

Edit: Turns out there is an Athletes section hidden under the "more" menu, but it's pretty limited. You can only find fighters by viewing each division's ranking - which is obviously limited to 16 profiles per division - or scrolling through an alphabetised list of currently active fighters. No search within the profiles or as part of the site-wide search function.

And instead of the chronological list of fights, profiles now have every type of video a fighter appears in - fights, weigh-ins, event replays, promos, embeddeds, etc - in a single list of "latest" videos. For example, Cerrone has 33 fights in the UFC alone, but only 2 of the 39 "latest" videos are full fights: Story in 2016 and Lawler in 2017.

Profiles do have a fighter's three most recent fights listed at the bottom, but of course there's no option from there to watch the fight or view the other fighter's profile, I suppose that would be too easy.

Memento fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 5, 2019

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CommonShore posted:

According to people on twitter, her release was announced while she was representing the UFC as a UFC + military veteran at a "UFC Are Troops" event.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5vWbBFHzj0/

loving cold blooded

Pretty standard UFC though

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Is Edgar out of the Sandhagen fight? Is he still planning on fighting twice in five weeks?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Brut posted:

OSP who is/was a gatekeeper for 205 top 10.

such great heights

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Never change Mark.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/xwZgWqY.gifv

Going to :nws: this one because it's a slow mo of Overeem's lip flapping around and it's disgusting.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
He should just have kept his loving guard up for another seven seconds tbh.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'm the exposed roof beams and missing section of drywall

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The Dutch invaded Suriname in the 1660s and took it over from the British, they traded it back and forth for a couple of hundred years, and they both treated it about as well as you'd expect a colonial power to do so.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

quote:

Dave Meltzer works from home in a backroom office that resembles a waste paper recycling facility

See this is far too accurate a detail for a made up story

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shumagorath posted:

Dana ... feels bad.

lol

Edit: funniest illegal strike was Gabi Garcia soccer kicking the latest Japanese grandma she was fighting and then making the dumbest loving "duuhhhhh... did I do that?!?" face when she got disqualified.

Memento fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 13, 2019

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1205330902399586304

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerome Louis posted:

Also I'm pretty sure he wears spray tanner and rolls shirtless on the mat and stains it brown. So you see these brown streaks everywhere and are just like Oh Urijah must have rolled earlier.

This is the Urijah Faber-est thing I've ever read

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/justin_golight/status/1206105173606711296?s=19

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1206145083097178112?s=20

oh no cody what is you doin

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
City Kickboxing is now inarguably one of the best MMA gyms on the planet, and Eugene Bareman is the legit best game-planner coach in the business.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mekchu posted:

Oh yeah. Korea is GMT+9 so our Saturday nights are your Friday nights almost.

Saturday night fights with the main card starting at 9pm seems pretty drat sweet to me. What's a decent bottle of soju I can get in Australia?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

STONE COLD 64 posted:

how did geoff neal not get a POTN

knocking out Platinum Mike Perry for literally the first time ever is a hell of a task, and should be rewarded no matter how much it hurt my heart

Hollandia posted:

1 litre Chamisul from Familymart 4 lyf

sounds good to me

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Let's see, women's strawweight is a bit of an unknown, women's flyweight is a personality-less fighting machine, women's bantam and featherweight is pretty cool, men's flyweight and bantam is a cringey fight-dodger, featherweight is a bit of an unknown, lightweight is a religious weirdo, welterweight seems pretty cool, middleweight is a certified awesome dude, LHW is a snitch and a drug cheat, and HW is a cool dad. So yeah, it's Izzy and Amanda.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Brut posted:

I have no idea what this is.

Thug Nasty is a chud and lusts to stomp out brown people with no repercussions

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
He's injured I think

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ariza posted:

Source for brown people stomping lust? For whatever reason, a to the core redneck being a chud doesn't bother me as much with him as is it does with Colby's calculated turn. That's my default bigoted idea of rednecks.

lol you're asking for a source after watching the video of him on Theo Von's show getting visibly excited at the idea of stomping out "terrorists"?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BlindSite posted:

He didn't mention race or colour. You assumed terrorist meant brown person.

Bigot

hmm yeah this is a good faith argument from a known poster of empathy and nuance

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BlindSite posted:

Shut up nerd.

Be fans of fighters for what they do in the cage or you're going to have a bad time 99% of the time.

lol fair call

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I was wondering about the Hudson Shipping Lines ad on the canvas and I found the cringiest picture in the history of advertising

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/JHKMMA/status/1208408100019027970?s=19

drat Superboy maybe ease up on the spinny poo poo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mekchu posted:

Did they delete his Yair Rodriguez fight? Lol

Someone did lol

I'm ok with TKZ getting a crack against Volk. He was basically winning against Yair until the ultimate hail mary swing.

I don't see him winning, but Alex has to fight someone.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Brut posted:

Welp so Frankie ain't fighting Sandhagen (loving duh), so now they wanna book Sandhagen vs Dominick Cruz???????

drat, Dana finally got sick of Dom's monotone, over-technical commentary and is having him killed, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I will never get over how big and how gassed these two are

Coleman is like a meter wide across the shoulders