Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
It's kind of impressive to legitimately earn a UFC title shot with a series of wins, and somehow not have a single good or impressive win in that series
You almost have to be putting effort into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are Nate Marquardt fans.

marquardts fun because he has a fantastic highlight reel that conflicts sharply with his godawful record.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Memento posted:

Apparently the fightpass relaunch has happened. Five weeks late, not actually that bad to be honest.

what does that mean, sorry?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

If there was any justice in the world Frankie Edgar would be the best paid and biggest star in the sport.

FakerGayfield posted:

The Jon Fitch strategy

Except when he somehow managed to finish Thiago Alves, and remained the only guy to have done so for loving years.

We really didn't deserve Fitch. The first fight i saw of his was against GSP, and i didn't know Fitch was supposed to be terrible and boring. I just saw this dude who wanted the title so loving bad. It was amazing to see him just keep getting up over and over again.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

He's an old, tiny, not that interesting gatekeeper that got knocked out by Brian Ortega.

you know he actually won the title, right?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Brut posted:

Yes the currently 38 year old man won a title in 2010 and defended it in 2011, Barao was more recently than that by several years, what's your point?

It seems important to distinguish between former champs and gatekeepers.

Even if he'd never been the champ, he's been in a shitload of amazing fights, including one that is up there with the very best fights in the sport's young history, which is why he should be paid better.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Biafraid posted:

The 2 latter Maynard fights I hope

especially the second at ufc 125. That is the platonic idea of a fight, it loving rules.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

BlindSite posted:

No one talks about the fighter who everyone just spent 2 pages frothing over.

What he has said in the past is tame as gently caress compared to any Brazilian fighters Twitter. He's just found the easiest way to crawl into your brains by wearing a red hat. Dude went from being on the chopping block to a world known name in like a year.

I think for tyool 2019 the best thing would be for him to win just for the impotent tears of rage.

He's had three main events and welterweight is currently a loving wasteland. I feel that' probably more to do with how he became a name.

A name that, ultimately, most people don't give a poo poo about. Sure, we argue about him, but this is a forum that still has strong opinions on Ricardo Arona in 2019

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marin Karin posted:

the nunes fight was fun and it also has the bonus entertainment of people who watch mma 2 times a year saying "she couldn't win standing so she just rested on her for 25 minutes no skill champion!!"

Nunes' improvements to her stand up game and cardio have been super impressive to watch for me, who got introduced to her as a heavy handed brawler with four minutes of fight in her.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Southpaugh posted:

thats cos Joes a chud.

He's not a chud. He just has them on his extremely popular podcast to talk about whatever they want while not being smart enough to challenge them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

It doesn't take a lot of braincells to not bring Gavin loving McInnes on your show.

Sorry the sarcasm didn't come across.

At best, Joe Rogan is a useful idiot and the epitome of 'both sides'