Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Who does he go to?

Not the habs though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

i agree

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Some picks to Ottawa.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

iospace posted:

Who does he go to?

Not the habs though!

This is gonna drag out until the deadline only for him to end up on the Knights and immediately sign an 8 year $8.5m per extension somehow.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Disappointment and recrimination with a bag of pucks thrown in.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ThinkTank posted:

This is gonna drag out until the deadline only for him to end up on the Knights and immediately sign an 8 year $8.5m per extension somehow.

I find it endlessly amusing that Vegas went in with a plan, executed it, and now are a current league power from day 1.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/MikeHeika/status/1201262978886230020?s=20

same with Pulj

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
At this point the Penguins need to just waive Murray (or if someone wants to toss a fourth round pick or whatever for him, that's cool too) and just live with DeSmith until they can sort out a decent backup goalie. Murray is toast.

There have been a fuckload of injuries but they look more reminiscent of the late Bylsma Era with every game and it's about time for Rutherford to move on. Thanks for the Cups Jim, but you suddenly and weirdly morphed into building your hockey team like you think it's 1998.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

And Lessail will be moaning and complaining after every game about how they gave up X prospect(s) and Y pick(s) to get him :v:

Kilza fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 1, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

At this point the Penguins need to just waive Murray (or if someone wants to toss a fourth round pick or whatever for him, that's cool too) and just live with DeSmith until they can sort out a decent backup goalie. Murray is toast.

There have been a fuckload of injuries but they look more reminiscent of the late Bylsma Era with every game and it's about time for Rutherford to move on. Thanks for the Cups Jim, but you suddenly and weirdly morphed into building your hockey team like you think it's 1998.

I have a feeling there are plenty of idiot GMs who'd gladly overpay for a two time cup winning goalie

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I never thought Murray was that good overall he just had some hot stretches at the right times

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I think Murray was legit good during the Cup seasons, but his endless injuries have ruined him, sadly.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Levitate posted:

I never thought Murray was that good overall he just had some hot stretches at the right times

When he first came in he was beastly at absorbing pucks, like every shot just stuck to him. Since then his rebound control has gone to poo poo and he's not acrobatic enough to make saves that aren't reliant on good positioning

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Murray is a RFA after this year...

His current play is a bold strategy to get the biggest deal possible

NJ needs a goalie.
Pittsburgh needs a Taylor Hall.

Just saying.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Krime posted:

It's probably for the long-term best that Murray turned to poo poo this year, before signing a 6/40 contract, rather than next year after signing it.

I feel bad for the guy though, he was really good the first couple years and it looks like he'll never get a chance to make gently caress-you money playing hockey.

Also Pittsburgh doesn't really need Taylor Hall nearly as bad as they need defensemen who don't suck and can play like 10 games without getting injured. Too bad Jack Johnson is going to be clogging their cap until the heat death of the loving universe.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I wouldn't count Murray out just yet. Sure he's off to a bad start but he put up a .919 over 50 games last season
and again, those two cups

Someone's going to give him his next contract, I just hope it's not the Pens unless he's going to take a big cut in expected term or value

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
News: Backes is playing tonight and Marchand has the flu and Bergeron is still hurt
Views: ugh Backes is playing tonight UGH

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/yankees_chat/status/1200959862102003712

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I have a hard time seeing the Devils getting two firsts and/or a prospect for a Hall rental. Is there precedent for getting more of a return for moving a guy a couple months before the deadline so there's more juice for the squeeze? Feel like it happens so seldom.

He would be filthy on the Isles but that'd be risky moving him in the division.

e: ^^ do they not have ushers/security there? Jesus.

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 2, 2019

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/status/1201295285776986112

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Krime posted:

NJ needs a goalie.
Pittsburgh needs a Taylor Hall.

Just saying.

The Devils are gonna go with Blackwood if they're continuing to rebuild, they're not gonna give up assets for an injury decimated goalie.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Logically, you know one week doesn't make or break a season. However, already sitting 4 points back now, and Tampa still behind us by only a point with games in hand, its looking very bad. Whats that quote about doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, that being insanity? Weal and Cousins continue to get way too much time especially in important situations (read: powerplay). KK is floundering, Domi has completely lost it after a great early season, resorting to nothing wristers every time he gets over the blue line instead of making something happen. Homer wouldn't dare take down the almighty Phil Danault, analytics darling I'm sure from the first line, or gently caress with that line at all. And away from the rink, we hoard millions and millions in cap space instead of making any effort to fix things. With, you know, good players.

I always watch about a minimum of 75 games per season, last year was the first time I really gave up and probably only watched a few dozen fully. I came in this year somewhat hopeful, but I'm not wasting hours and hours each week putting up with this poo poo.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

8 consecutive losses (first time that's happened in 79 years!)

AH AH AH

FIRE BERGEVIN

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Duke Chin posted:

News: Backes is playing tonight and Marchand has the flu and Bergeron is still hurt

:smug:

N: John Hynes
V: Is still a coach?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Duke Chin posted:

lol Backes scored the game winning goal

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

stab posted:

8 consecutive losses (first time that's happened in 79 years!)

AH AH AH

FIRE BERGEVIN

please don't this is going great I like it I love it

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Duke Chin posted:

lol Backes scored the game winning goal

I was thinking of your post when it happened lol

that pasta shot was nuts

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1201330315526115334

yeah pasta's goal was a beaut

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Just wait til Jonathan Drouin gets back, then you'll see. Then you'll see...

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Death to bruins.

That was a ridiculous shot.

But death to bruins.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Former rangers prospect Greg Moore?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/SNstats/status/1201366135771406336

e: Also man, NHL officiating is so bad:
https://twitter.com/Woodguy55/status/1201347783598333952

Kilza fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Dec 2, 2019

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

loving Pasta, the Rocket is Ovi's trophy. :colbert:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Pastrnak is gonna score 60 this year

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Tay Tay for Rasmus Ristoleinen & Casey Mittelstadt

Just kidding that would put the Sabres over the cap

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Yeah Pastrnak is going to cool off from shooting 23% or whatever but he’s still banked so many goals and still shoots enough that even if he drops to like 15% or whatever for the rest of the year he’ll be around 60 goals.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or, more likely, he's the greatest goal scorer of all time

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Or, more likely, he's the greatest goal scorer of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The last guy to score 60 was Stamkos a few years ago, right? Like 2014 or something?

Who did it last before that?