Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Eric the Mauve posted:

He's also good for taking dirty runs at opposing players, which is extra valuable in the playoffs.

He doesn't really do that very much after he got several majors years back. he's no Tom Wilson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Eric the Mauve posted:

He's also good for taking dirty runs at getting tripped into opposing players, which is extra valuable in the playoffs.

Ftfy

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Guentzel noooo :(

https://twitter.com/HeresYourReplay/status/1211833953755320321?s=20

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
:drat: Man this is a year from hell for the Penguins, this year so far might be Sullivan's best coaching job yet

e: if Guentzel goes out long term as well then Sullivan should be COTY if they make the playoffs

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
holy gently caress that's a terrible fall

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Suspend that stick

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
That looks so loving painful.

Almost as painful as the poem I wrote about Mark Messier being the Vancouver Canucks' messiah when I was in high school.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I was at the Pens game tonight and maybe 10 minutes into the first period this guy in front of me turned around and said “hey this is your last warning, watch your language”. I said “are you serious?” and all was good.

At about 3 minutes remaining in the third his wife turned around and said, no poo poo “you need to check your loving language”. I don’t know.
oh gently caress

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

I was at the Pens game tonight and maybe 10 minutes into the first period this guy in front of me turned around and said “hey this is your last warning, watch your language”. I said “are you serious?” and all was good.

At about 3 minutes remaining in the third his wife turned around and said, no poo poo “you need to check your loving language”. I don’t know.

So what were you saying

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Big news: Canada won the Spengler Cup again :canada:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Spengler Cup Champion Andrew Macdonald! :toot:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1211692232014811137?s=20

Joel Rechlicz also played with a wood hockey stick.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that whole piece is fantastic

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:rip:

https://twitter.com/AlisonL/status/1212032418447810561

E: :rip::rip:

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1212041254940397568

DJExile fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 31, 2019

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

DJExile posted:

So what were you saying
I have no idea what caused it at all. Maybe “ah poo poo” here and there.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1211692232014811137?s=20

Joel Rechlicz also played with a wood hockey stick.

Forgot about Trevor Gillies, what a loving piece of poo poo he was

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

At a Caps game I had the woman sitting next to a friend and me ask us to stop talking. Period. She said something like, "Don't come to the game if you are going to talk," or something like that. It was amazing and I couldn't help but laugh. She made her husband leave with her at the second intermission and he was like, what the gently caress we're leaving? I looked at the people sitting on the other side of us and they just shrugged and laughed. So weird.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

RIP Jake :(

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

God drat that sucks. This feels like 2011 where the Penguins would otherwise be the best team but they just keep getting crippling injuries.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 31, 2019

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuccckkkkkkkk

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Cut my life into pieces

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuccckkkkkkkk

Yeah this.

Sign Kovy now JR we need something

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

excitement at an all time high for the ASG

https://twitter.com/HeleneStJames/status/1212050323084382211

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Now we just need the 2 month injury to Letang and then we're all done here

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah this.

Sign Kovy now JR we need something

Would very much prefer the Tyler Toffoli rental over old man Kovy...but it would be funny to see. Wonder if Galy gets 1st line minutes now (he will not).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JawKnee posted:

holy gently caress that's a terrible fall

Reminds me of what happened to Gary Roberts. Super similar, both even scored on the play

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 31, 2019

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Do any other teams in the league have as many Man games lost to this point as these two?

The season for the CBJ rides on the stick of Elvis Merzlikins. Things were starting to feel like they had a 2013 feel to them over the last month, but that's taken a serious blow.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Do any other teams in the league have as many Man games lost to this point as these two?

The season for the CBJ rides on the stick of Elvis Merzlikins. Things were starting to feel like they had a 2013 feel to them over the last month, but that's taken a serious blow.

lol if you think they're not going to panic and overpay for, like, Craig Anderson as soon as rosters unfreeze

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1212092965625184257?s=19

Geno could legitimately swing his stick and break someone's neck and he would still only get a fine

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am sitting here bored at work (why can't we just leave? It's New Years Eve!) and looking over Ovechkin's H-R page, I noticed that he's received Hart votes every year except for one.

So, I started looking at other top players to see if this is unusual, and went to Gretzky's page. Oddly, Gretz won the Art Ross in 93-94, but received no votes.

These are the two things I have found today. Enjoy them.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Tired: Guentzel is hurt and out for probably the season
Wired: the Penguins pull off some bullshit trade with the money from LTIR and Guentzel comes back for the playoffs

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Schremp Howard posted:

Tired: Guentzel is hurt and out for probably the season
Wired: the Penguins pull off some bullshit trade with the money from LTIR and Guentzel comes back for the playoffs

Inspired: Pens move Jack Johnson to forward and he finally fulfills his true calling and becomes a top line forward next to Crosby

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Gusev has been really good for like two months now, so that's something. He's now 11th in the league in points/60. His minutes are going way up with Taylor gone, so we'll see what he's able to maintain, but he might just end up being a pretty good NHL player.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 31, 2019

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

glynnenstein posted:

At a Caps game I had the woman sitting next to a friend and me ask us to stop talking. Period. She said something like, "Don't come to the game if you are going to talk," or something like that. It was amazing and I couldn't help but laugh. She made her husband leave with her at the second intermission and he was like, what the gently caress we're leaving? I looked at the people sitting on the other side of us and they just shrugged and laughed. So weird.

I've had people tell me to shut up about politics before (which is hard once I get a few beers into me), but that is a legitimate request because it already dominates this stupid town and I can understand wanting to keep the hockey pure entertainment.

But to not talk at all? That's actually pretty funny.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Eric the Mauve posted:

lol if you think they're not going to panic and overpay for, like, Craig Anderson as soon as rosters unfreeze

Rosters unfroze on the 28th.

(Jarmo's going to spend another 5th round pick on Keith Kinkaid. Also, not claiming Casey DeSmith when they had the chance is looming large now, even though Korpi has held up his end of the bargain in terms of solid play.)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, don't swear at a hockey game. I guess baby Jesus is cool with blood and fist fights but not bad words oh my pearls.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Rosters unfroze on the 28th.

(Jarmo's going to spend another 5th round pick on Keith Kinkaid. Also, not claiming Casey DeSmith when they had the chance is looming large now, even though Korpi has held up his end of the bargain in terms of solid play.)

Perhaps you would be interested in a slightly used Mike Smith

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Guentzel getting hurt really blows. This Pens team is playing so well.

Guess that means Jim is gonna be big game hunting at the deadline. Too bad Hall is already gone. Not that Ray would have traded him in division anyways.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Alexandre Texier left the game against Florida in the first and will not return due to an injury.

This is 2014-15 all over again.

E- JESUS CHRIST NOW WENNBERG TAKES A PUCK TO THE HEAD.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Holtby is currently rocking a .902 and helped cost the Caps the game today.

At first I thought he priced himself out of Washington but now I don’t even know if he’s going to finish the season as the starter. Samsonov has outplayed him and I want to see him get more starts.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 1, 2020