Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Pollyanna posted:

I thought I would really like Janela, but he's a bit too lovely of a wrestler to appeal to me.

i cannot remember what he looks like without his shades on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

I feel like someone needed to sit Brandi and the Bucks down and go "OK, you know you're both running spooky cult storylines in your divisions, right? Should you maybe change one of them? Or have them tie together?"

What if at one point they both try to recruit the same person?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, Brandi told someone to join them and then they had someone else devote herself to them and sacrifice her hair as a tribute and then leave with them. It was kind of culty.

Oh right, I completely forgot about that. Okay, yeah - I'd rather they not go the cult route for Brandi and Kong.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I thought I would really like Janela, but he's a bit too lovely of a wrestler to appeal to me.

the gently caress

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Alaois posted:

the gently caress

He wasn't that good in the beginning of tonight's match. I liked him with Kenny, though.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Erainor posted:

Havoc is awful, like Jake Hagar levels of bad. Janela and Darby I'm fine with. Just don't see either of them as the "sidekick" Maybe a tag team somehow?

Havoc isn't a transphobe afaik, so no

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Basically up until the point where a plant came into the ring and begged Brandi and Kong to accept her devotion, I could've bought it as Brandi just being a typical wrestling manager with a weird shtick, like a James Mitchell. But nah, they went full cult.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Gaz-L posted:

I feel like someone needed to sit Brandi and the Bucks down and go "OK, you know you're both running spooky cult storylines in your divisions, right? Should you maybe change one of them? Or have them tie together?"

brandi's deal is an elite spinoff. in her conception at least

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I wouldn't call Brandi and Kong's gimmick a cult. Spooky, yes, but not a cult.

they inducted an indie wrestler and cut off her hair

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

He wasn't that good in the beginning of tonight's match. I liked him with Kenny, though.

shave those sideburns and watch those Double Inoue matches

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Brandi's stable as The Oddities, but with less(or more?) ICP

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

big black turnout posted:

Havoc isn't a transphobe afaik, so no

Ok, but I meant he's as bad a wrestler as Hagar. Hagar was a poo poo wrestler even in WWE.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Alaois posted:

shave those sideburns and watch those Double Inoue matches

Inoue Takako I think was one of them? I like her the best in what I've seen. The opponents were also good though, dammit I should watch more joshi.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I like that janela does the elbow drop. Underused these days

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they should make a wrestler out of all the collected hair, and name it Cousin Hit. and cousin hit's finisher is called the cousin hit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, I love factions but Moxley should just be the rear end in a top hat who doesn't think he needs help and is kind of too much of a dick to keep friends around. Let him beat the poo poo out of Sammy and Hager and then you have the Bucks, Dustin, and Jurassic Express tussle with the Inner Circle because of their issues. Do one wacky teamup match where Moxley has to interact with a dinosaur and then he goes and beats Jericho.

I don't know why those silly guys with their staple guns need to get involved, man.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Inoue Takako I think was one of them? I like her the best in what I've seen.

...she's my favorite wrestler of all time so maybe you're good.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

haunted bong posted:

Brandi's stable as The Oddities, but with less(or more?) ICP

ICP would improve her gimmick and that's not great for her

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I don't see a possible Mox stable as being "sidekicks" or w/e. I just see Mox using them as cannon fodder to hold off The IC so he can win the belt, then disbanding the whole thing and going back to a lone wolf type dealie.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Erainor posted:

Havoc is awful, like Jake Hagar levels of bad. Janela and Darby I'm fine with. Just don't see either of them as the "sidekick" Maybe a tag team somehow?

Nobody needs to be a sidekick. They can just be a group of like minded people who like to gently caress poo poo up alone or together. I'd trust AEW to make a stable work without a leader-minions hierarchy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oh but seriously I posted:

brandi's deal is an elite spinoff. in her conception at least

Not exactly. The Nightmare Family has always seemed to be more Cody-centric. Like an amended version of what he probably had in mind had they done the Bullet Club split between him and Omega instead of breaking the Elite off from the Tongans. Like it's him, Dustin, Brandi, DDP, maybe Tony and used to include MJF.

Although Brandi pitching her thing as basically the Suicide Squad is right up their particular nerdy-rear end alley.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Not exactly. The Nightmare Family has always seemed to be more Cody-centric. Like an amended version of what he probably had in mind had they done the Bullet Club split between him and Omega instead of breaking the Elite off from the Tongans. Like it's him, Dustin, Brandi, DDP, maybe Tony and used to include MJF.

Yeah the Nightmare Family is Cody's family and family friends. It's Cody and his close family, it's his friends and mentors, and it was his protege before MJF dipped out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Nobody needs to be a sidekick. They can just be a group of like minded people who like to gently caress poo poo up alone or together. I'd trust AEW to make a stable work without a leader-minions hierarchy.

My distaste for them aside, I don't know how you team Moxley up with a couple of relative jobbers and NOT have them come off as sidekicks. Like even if you don't book them like Hager and Sammy the simple fact that there's such a clear gap in their positions on the card makes them sidekicks/stooges by default. Especially if they're just there to deal with Jericho's stooges.

Again, I don't get why Moxley isn't better off if he just deals with them himself or gets "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" help from others or has like Omega show back up to even the odds out of respect or something. Having Mox think he needs backup feels antithetical to his character, IMO.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

karmicknight posted:

Yeah the Nightmare Family is Cody's family and family friends. It's Cody and his close family, it's his friends and mentors, and it was his protege before MJF dipped out.

so RN it is him, dustin, evil brandy... uh

edit: ddp!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Cavauro posted:

i will post the results in the new thread as well. here are the top five dynamite posters of the week!

1. Zyla
2. d8uv
3. Pollyanna
4. coconono
5. haunted bong

congratulations to everyone who participated. we hope you had a "rip roaring" good time and we'll see you next week for your chance to be a top five dynamite poster of the week

holy poo poo what an honor!!!!

i'd like to thank everyone that made this possible!!

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

oh but seriously I posted:

so RN it is him, dustin, evil brandy... uh

edit: ddp!

dont forget glacier

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I half-suspect that's why they broke Hangman off from the Elite. He, Cody, Dustin and maybe DDP would be a solid little group.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zyla posted:

holy poo poo what an honor!!!!

i'd like to thank everyone that made this possible!!

:woop:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

only cried a little bit at being excluded from the fab five

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STAC Goat posted:

My distaste for them aside, I don't know how you team Moxley up with a couple of relative jobbers and NOT have them come off as sidekicks. Like even if you don't book them like Hager and Sammy the simple fact that there's such a clear gap in their positions on the card makes them sidekicks/stooges by default. Especially if they're just there to deal with Jericho's stooges.

I think it's just in his they interact with one another. Mox is obviously higher on the card but they can avoid simple things like Mox himself treating them as less than the others or something.

Jericho obviously treats himself as the leader of his group. Mox, or anyone in a "leaderless" group, would be more interested in serving the overall cause than being the focal point themselves.

Whatever they do, I think it'll be extremely temporary just to keep Mox/Jericho one-on-one. I don't see Mox being in a group long term, just when it suits the situation.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
oh cool not in the top 5 cool cool

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

we have an LGBT thread now, but thank you for posting the gayest saint

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
yw

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

oh cool not in the top 5 cool cool

Dem abs and he's got the crotch V thing going on

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there is always another week, until the earth is wiped away by an imperceptibly tiny occurrence that could realistically happen at any moment due to the unfathomable enormity of everything. keep on posting

d8uv
Sep 17, 2005

DO NOT EAT
Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

i will post the results in the new thread as well. here are the top five dynamite posters of the week!

1. Zyla
2. d8uv
3. Pollyanna
4. coconono
5. haunted bong

congratulations to everyone who participated. we hope you had a "rip roaring" good time and we'll see you next week for your chance to be a top five dynamite poster of the week

you're the real number two, buddy

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove