Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The zombie apocalypse. For this scenario it's a walking dead type end of the world. Slow zombies shambling through the streets of our collapsing civilization. How you have the 30 days of foreknowledge is irrelevant (it could be a vision from god, a message from a friend who works for the government, whatever), but you have exactly 30 days before it kicks off and only you know about it.

What would you do? Is there anything you could, or even want, to do?

I would probably try to take out every loan I could, and get some property out in the middle of nowhere with a well. Then fill the place with supplies and try to hold out til everything settles in a few years. I think the biggest challenge would be getting my wife on board and not being involuntarily committed to an institution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

The zombie apocalypse. For this scenario it's a walking dead type end of the world. Slow zombies shambling through the streets of our collapsing civilization. How you have the 30 days of foreknowledge is irrelevant (it could be a vision from god, a message from a friend who works for the government, whatever), but you have exactly 30 days before it kicks off and only you know about it.

I would probably try to take out every loan I could, and get some property out in the middle of nowhere with a well. Then fill the place with supplies and try to hold out til everything settles in a few years. I think the biggest challenge would be getting my wife on board and not being involuntarily committed to an institution.

I'd gently caress this guy's wife

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Saalkin posted:

I'd gently caress this guy's wife

Somebody needs to. Sheesh.

ICYPhoenix
Mar 20, 2004

Frozen Bird of Prey
Simply put, I am going to sell everything I own in Oklahoma, move to Michigan and stick up on ammo, food and seeds.

Michigan has tons of corn fields, lots of corn fed deer and with the lakes fresh water and fish.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

spacetoaster posted:

What if you're one of the zombies? Then you've just isolated yourself from your food source.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

spacetoaster posted:

Take out a huge loan, buy a ton of shelf stable food, water purifiers, survival supplies, medications, etc., charter a boat to one of the many islands that are far enough from shore and isolated enough to avoid the plague, wait it all out. Bring enough guns and ammo to kill everyone on the island a dozen times over.

That or buy enough .22 ammo and 10/22s to outfit the population of a small Midwestern town, and just go ham on the shambling hordes. You and 50 of your closest buddies can mow down an arbitrary quantity of slow zombies. The hardest part would be avoiding dying of cholera or typhus due to all that rotting human shaped meat piled up hither and yon.

P.S. Someone did an epidemiology study on bite transmitted slow zombies, and once they factored in the fact that people could shoot them dead, the results were anyone in a coastal city died like a scrub, but once you got into the rural areas the speed of the zombies, distances they had to spread to, and the ability of the local population to purge them offset the hordes nicely. like the entire flyover states had <10% casualties, and mostly on the one or two big cities.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down
kidnap elon musk utilize his wealth to build a make shift mothership. you'd have to use a lot of russian style plastic onion scaffolding at first to hold everyone but you could save people long enough to eat mushrooms from their own poo poo and engage in cult cannibalism and stuff

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

You assume I want to live.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ICYPhoenix posted:

Simply put, I am going to sell everything I own in Oklahoma, move to Michigan and stick up on ammo, food and seeds.

Michigan has tons of corn fields, lots of corn fed deer and with the lakes fresh water and fish.

Good plan.

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

to one of the many islands

I did not think of an island, good idea.

Linux Pirate posted:

You assume I want to live.

Not really. I wouldn't blame anyone not wanting to survive the end of civilization.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Get a set of freakishly monstrous bolt-ons so I stand out from the crowd because the best stuff happens to the memorable zombies

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

um i'll be safe in my posting bunker

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Lotta prepper goons gonna come out of the wordwork lol.

Just go on like a big expensive cruise the day before the outbreak. Oh bno guys supplies are limited we gotta ratio the lobster thermidor. Half of our passengers are old people who wanted to die on this ship anyway.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Zombies are a stand in for minorities. Check your local ammo advertisements its a fact.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

Zombies are a stand in for minorities. Check your local ammo advertisements its a fact.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
I'd steal a super-yacht and make a new life for myself and my family on the ocean.

Salt Fish posted:

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I'd probably try heroin to see if it's as good as they say

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
go north, buy gasoline stabilizer and guns

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Buy a bunch of drugs and a gun with a single bullet.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Do we factor in environmental exposure, starvation, dehydration, and predatory animals with this zombie apocalypse?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Vote one on this thread and act surprised

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Linux Pirate posted:

Do we factor in environmental exposure, starvation, dehydration, and predatory animals with this zombie apocalypse?

Yeah.

I wonder if you could build a house on one of those platforms that forestry agents have that's like 10 stories tall?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'd piss in ur mouth

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I dunno that your plan is sound OP, I think it'd take much longer than 30 days to acquire a large loan and then find and purchase a suitable house to hole up in, nevermind getting supplies in time. Closing on a house is a nightmare of hoops and paperwork.

Personally I'd just take the month off and come what may. My life isn't gonna get any less lovely once there are zombies all over the place, so gently caress it.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Also how do we know the zombies are dtf

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Just to elaborate I would piss in your mouth because my piss has vaccinating qualities against the zombie virus

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down
why else did you expect us to think you would be pissing in his mouth

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

People will be lining up for blocks so I can piss in their mouths my clan will be the strongest in this new world

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Just to elaborate I would piss in your mouth because my piss has vaccinating qualities against the zombie virus

I'll be drinking this guy's piss.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

A whole new meaning to the word urination

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

People will be lining up for blocks so I can piss in their mouths my clan will be the strongest in this new world

You'll have a mountain fortress just like in the hit film Mad Max: Fury Road, but instead of releasing water onto your groveling masses it will be piss.

"Do not, my friends, become addicted to piss. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

my dog died im sad posted:

I'll be drinking this guy's piss.

Anyone worth a hoot will be drinking my piss doubters will be consumed by the zombie horde smh all they had to do was get pee in they mouth

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Linux Pirate posted:

You'll have a mountain fortress just like in the hit film Mad Max: Fury Road, but instead of releasing water onto your groveling masses it will be piss.

"Do not, my friends, become addicted to piss. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!"

We're gonna have a fire hydrant hooked up directly to a piss tank people will play in it with their mouths open like they've regained their youth

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

You better hydrate!

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Did you ever see that doomsday preppers where that kid starts a fire in an abandoned house out in the woods? Probably just 30 days of poo poo like that.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

spacetoaster posted:

You better hydrate!

I'm accepting gifts in the form of six packs of Yuengling to prepare

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Go on a really wicked 30 day long vacation and then nitrogen gas myself. I have absolutely no interest in continuing to survive in the scenario that is being suggested.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I live in Rhode Island. Because of the high density only second in the nation to NJ, my options might be different than someone living rural. When I played Fallout there were safe zone cities. I'd either head for a safe zone city - Boston. Maybe Providence. There I could have some local protection.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pick posted:

Go on a really wicked 30 day long vacation and then nitrogen gas myself. I have absolutely no interest in continuing to survive in the scenario that is being suggested.

Why so negative just a little pee like not even that much just one lil squir' squir' in the ole gob

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

What does the zombie virus do to pigs or their huge balls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

SardonicTyrant posted:

What does the zombie virus do to pigs or their huge balls?

makes them bigger.