Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Do it ironically posted:

Karl Malone raped a 13 year old girl and she got pregnant and had his kid, Malone is EASILY one of the worst people, and fans still love him

There’s a lot of terrible athletes

No I don't mean to come across as a huge fan or admirer, just godamn does him trucking dudes made for gnarly basketball. Like I said he played basketball like a hockey player and gently caress me was that some rough rear end poo poo. Like I said, he was a gigantic rear end in a top hat and it ruled. Him being a complete garbage human on top of that not so much. The worst part about all that is he treated his son like crap too. Like gently caress it's bad enough you did what you did but you also treated your kid like poo poo for the longest time on top of that, gently caress.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Do it ironically posted:

Karl Malone raped a 13 year old girl and she got pregnant and had his kid, Malone is EASILY one of the worst people, and fans still love him

There’s a lot of terrible athletes
Grizzly Smith got a 13 year old girl pregnant and then raped the daughter he had with her

he's one of 4 pedophile rapists that can be found in NY64 II, a tournament currently being held in Rowdy Ringsports to determine the worst person in the history of pro wrestling

so far by my count we've covered 3 of the confirmed pedophiles, several more alleged, two pimps, several murderers, several people involved with covering up murders, several alleged non-pedophile rapists, sex pests, racists, drug addicts, alcoholics, wife-beaters, and of course run of the mill carny scumbags who bilked their employees out of money or hushed up their crimes
but I'll leave it at that because pro wrestling isn't a sport :hehe:

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
It's that JERK Tommy Johansson from the varsity lacrosse team, for shoving me into my locker everyday of Junior year.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Cubone posted:

Grizzly Smith got a 13 year old girl pregnant and then raped the daughter he had with her

he's one of 4 pedophile rapists that can be found in NY64 II, a tournament currently being held in Rowdy Ringsports to determine the worst person in the history of pro wrestling

so far by my count we've covered 3 of the confirmed pedophiles, several more alleged, two pimps, several murderers, several people involved with covering up murders, several alleged non-pedophile rapists, sex pests, racists, drug addicts, alcoholics, wife-beaters, and of course run of the mill carny scumbags who bilked their employees out of money or hushed up their crimes
but I'll leave it at that because pro wrestling isn't a sport :hehe:

That is a good thread to see how awful pro wrestling is, gently caress wwe and Vince McMahon et al

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Do it ironically posted:

That is a good thread to see how awful pro wrestling is, gently caress wwe and Vince McMahon et al

Eh those guys are athletes but pro wrestling isn't a sport.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Frank Frank posted:

Eh those guys are athletes but pro wrestling isn't a sport.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Lmao true which is how vince keeps them from unionizing

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
almost all the stories about Ty Cobb being bad were probably made up by one guy who wrote his biography

https://calltothepen.com/2017/02/26/the-truth-about-ty-cobb/

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Do it ironically posted:

Lmao true which is how vince keeps them from unionizing

They should unionize anyway. Just because I personally don't consider it a sport even though it requires athletics doesn't mean they shouldn't tell Vince to go gently caress himself and unionize. Especially considering how those dudes wreck their bodies for their job. Professional wrasslers should definitely unionize.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

numberoneposter posted:

He made himself the villain, completely unapologetically.

Tons of dopers in the sport remain very well thought of (and every pro sport but no one gonna touch the NFL with a ten food pole regarding doping) but his little mafia was ruthless and it goes beyond a "love to hate him" kind of personality to where it's just reprehensible, and in a lot of cases it was his own American team mates he was throwing under the bus. The phrase "if you're not cheating, you're not competing" comes to mind but with Lance it's so much more.

While he remains a great athlete and watching his old victories is still impressive he is now disgraced, and I think a lot of it is because of how his true character came to light and not specifically that he doped.

A lot of people like to say "Hurr they were all doping and he still won!" Which is true, but it wasn't until I watched Stop at Nothing that I realized what a huge piece of poo poo Lance was to everyone close to him.

The part where he threatened Greg LeMond was pretty lol. gently caress you, pal!

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Schweinhund posted:

almost all the stories about Ty Cobb being bad were probably made up by one guy who wrote his biography

That's bullshit whitewashing. Not as bad as another article I came across that was basically "well everyone was racist then" but the argument presented there is that at the end of his life he had mellowed out. That's already known, he was lonely, dying and regretful that he didn't have any friends from his playing days. It doesn't mean he wasn't an rear end in a top hat before that. The one story that probably isn't true is that he killed someone, but I'd never even heard that one before today.

Seriously:

quote:

Another young nurse who stayed with Cobb in in 1961, shortly before his death, said of Cobb, “He was pleasant and never caused me any problems. I took a baseball with me that night, and he gladly signed it for my 13-year-old brother.”

Oh he wasn't mean to me when he was literally dying and he signed a baseball. Must've always been a nice guy! The anecdotes from that story are from 50 years after the height of his playing days stomping fans who had no hands with his spikes in the stands.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 8, 2019

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Another random sports rear end in a top hat I just thought about was Perrish Cox an NFL cornerback who raped an unconscious women and got her pregnant, they proved it was his through DNA but he got off on charges because sportsman plays well

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Schweinhund posted:

The big story about him beating up the disabled fan in the stands is true, which the article confirms so lol

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

ElectricSheep posted:

he got to play gently caress, marry, kill with marilyn monroe

He may have done the first but she was married to Joe DiMaggio.

Nooner posted:

Ray Lewis killed a few people and now he is an announcer and the Ravens put a statue of him outside their stadium

This is not exactly what happened.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Do it ironically posted:

Another random sports rear end in a top hat I just thought about was Perrish Cox an NFL cornerback who raped an unconscious women and got her pregnant, they proved it was his through DNA but he got off on charges because sportsman plays well

When Perrish Cox was in high school he made the most impressive play I have ever seen in person (not the rape described above). I remember he already had a 3 or 4 year old son at that point.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

We all know that biggest rear end in a top hat is T*m "son kisser" Br*dy

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Nooner posted:

We all know that biggest rear end in a top hat is T*m "son kisser" Br*dy

There ought to be a thread about how much this guy sucks.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I think Vinnie Jones still holds the record for time from the whistle blowing to getting carded for a foul at 4 seconds

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

That's bullshit whitewashing. Not as bad as another article I came across that was basically "well everyone was racist then" but the argument presented there is that at the end of his life he had mellowed out. That's already known, he was lonely, dying and regretful that he didn't have any friends from his playing days. It doesn't mean he wasn't an rear end in a top hat before that. The one story that probably isn't true is that he killed someone, but I'd never even heard that one before today.

Seriously:

Oh he wasn't mean to me when he was literally dying and he signed a baseball. Must've always been a nice guy! The anecdotes from that story are from 50 years after the height of his playing days stomping fans who had no hands with his spikes in the stands.
Pointing out that his biography is full of poo poo isn't "white washing", it's correcting the record. And the hospital story isn't to show he "mellowed out". It's to show that the story in his biography about him being difficult in the hospital and treating the doctors and nurses bad was bullshit.

Lots of biographies from that era were made up to sell books. They would write trash books like that on dead celebrities because they couldn't sue, so it makes sense that the book is not true. I'm not even saying he wasn't an rear end in a top hat, just that he wasn't a monster like the book painted him out to be and he was probably more like just a guy who had a bad temper and got into fights sometimes.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Supreme Allah posted:

Aaron Hernandez and OJ killed people but it's still Bruce Jenner

Caitlyn, you dork

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Schweinhund posted:

Pointing out that his biography is full of poo poo isn't "white washing", it's correcting the record. And the hospital story isn't to show he "mellowed out". It's to show that the story in his biography about him being difficult in the hospital and treating the doctors and nurses bad was bullshit.

Lots of biographies from that era were made up to sell books. They would write trash books like that on dead celebrities because they couldn't sue, so it makes sense that the book is not true. I'm not even saying he wasn't an rear end in a top hat, just that he wasn't a monster like the book painted him out to be and he was probably more like just a guy who had a bad temper and got into fights sometimes.

Only took 2 pages to find someone who will defend Ty loving Cobb.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Dave Kingman was a pretty giant douche. He didn't kill anyone though, so O.J. Those mantle correspondences are hilarious, I'd never seen them before. Also DiMaggio apparently was fond of whipping rear end on Marilyn Monroe.

Tite Barnacle fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 8, 2019

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I heard Kirk Johnson played minor league ball.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Boy there are a lot of rear end in a top hat athletes but a recent one that is supremely punchable is Grayson Allen

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Darren Sharper is one of the best DBs of all time and he’s in prison for serial rape in almost every city he played in.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Who What Now posted:

Michael Vic is probably pretty high up there.

Definitely. He hasn't talked to any of the organizations that rescued his dogs either despite them reaching out. I question that he has any remorse.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Here's a pretty big and extremely recent Australian rear end in a top hat, Israel Folau

He made several posts on Instagram about how the gays and trans are analogous to criminals and will burn in hell unless they repent:

quote:

Drunks, Homosexuals, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists, Idolators: Hell Awaits You. Repent! Only Jesus Saves.”.

He refused to take it down, and ended up getting fired and losing his spot in international rugby. Keep in mind, he's had an extremely successful career, and is worth many multiple millions and is a property tycoon on the side. He posted a gofundme so he could sue Rugby Australia for religious discrimination. You have a bunch of sick kids with cancer, and then him, mega rich millionaire asking for money to fund sueing his boss for a cool 14 million. While this was all going on, he continued with his bullshit, giving several sermons that amounted to hate speech. His go fund me was taken down so he started his own private one to grift off his fans.

Above is a screenshot of all the fires in Australia as of today. He claimed that the fires were because we recently legalised gay marriage

quote:

Folau, in a church sermon, said that the devil is behind primary school children being allowed to decide if they wanted to change gender by taking away the permission of their parents. He also said homosexuality is a sin.[106][107]

In November 2019, Folau was criticised following his preaching in regards to same-sex marriage and abortion.[108][109] Quoting from the Book of Isaiah[110] he said he believes the scripture is talking to Australia, and said, "Look how rapid these bushfires, these droughts, have come in a short period of time. Do you think it’s a coincidence or not? God is speaking to you guys."

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Charles "The Last Naked Warrior," Haley will always be my favorite extremely disturbed athlete.

" Haley repeatedly whipped out his erection and jerked off inches from the faces of unsuspecting teammates who initially laughed off the trauma. Eventually it got to a point where he'd pull it out in front of Joe Montana and say "You know you want to suck this." He would even masturbate to ejaculation in team meetings while talking about his teammates wives. In 1988 Haley shook his dick in the direction of a young female reporter while screaming "fuckin' bitch was staring at my cock! Get that bitch outta here! She's a fuckin' perv! She wants my fuckin' cock!''

Haley attempted to strangle coach George Seifert during a film session in 1991. He also pissed on the floor of team president Carmen Policy. Urinated on 49ers teammate Tim Harris' BMW. Then he got into a physical confrontation with Steve Young, finally, causing him to be traded to the Dallas Cowboys. While in Texas, Haley questioned a new teammate in the crudest terms possible by saying "You’re from California? You must be a loving human being.” At that point Haley whacked off in front of the man to reaffirm his own heterosexuality.

In 2003 he was diagnosed as bipolar.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Thots and Prayers posted:

Lance Armstrong ruined a bunch of careers covering up his PED use.

I don't know if he's the biggest rear end in a top hat listed in this thread, but I absolutely hate this fucker. I was an amateur competitive cyclist at the time this went down, so it hit close to home, but man. What a piece of poo poo.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

Dennis Rodman pals with mass murdering dictators.

I'm, like, 75% sure he was doing that for the CIA.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Chris Beniot murdered his entire family then hung himself on his lat pulldown machine

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

935 posted:

Chris Beniot murdered his entire family then hung himself on his lat pulldown machine

What sport did he play?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

AF posted:

I don't know if he's the biggest rear end in a top hat listed in this thread, but I absolutely hate this fucker. I was an amateur competitive cyclist at the time this went down, so it hit close to home, but man. What a piece of poo poo.

He had the temerity to do that cameo in ‘Dodgeball’ too.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Toxic Mental posted:

My friend works in a coin and jewelry store and someone brought them these and sold them. Mickey Mantle trolled legendary Yankees manager Casey Stengel a lot

Please discuss your favorite shithead people in pro sports

This is loving incredible.

Like all other (American) kids, growing up like loving clockwork every year in elementary school one of the early in the year writing assignments was to write about who your hero is.

I always hated this assignment. I didn't have heroes as a kid, I don't now as an adult, the whole concept is loving stupid and you shouldn't put flawed humans on a pedestal that makes them immune to criticism but I digress. Every year I was a little shithead about this assignment, but my crowning achievement was probably Fall 1996, writing an about Albert Belle's storied career of corked bats, sending a teammate through the ceiling to steal back a confiscated corked bat, cussing out sports media during the World Series, and demanding the Indians take out a statement of regret from his press appearance after he was fined for the aforementioned cussing out because he apologizes for nothing. I am not now, nor have I ever been, a Cleveland Indians fan but gently caress if Belle's assholishness isn't impressive still 20+ years later.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Hate-filled javelin psycho Tero Pitkämäki impaled a long jumper once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7onbdEoAm4Y&t=34s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ElectricSheep posted:

Aw, Muggsy Bogues :smith:

He was so little

I hate MJ for this.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I feel like a significant number of Italian footballers are fascists.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

What's up with Lance Armstrong he lied about doping and what else?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Just goin' first off the dome Michael Vick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Honky Dong Country posted:

Karl the Mailman Malone was a gigantic aggressive rear end in a top hat on the court, but that's also why he loving ruled. I still occasionally look up videos of that dude wrecking people. Malone played basketball like a hockey player and it loving owned.

Gimme a good compilation vid please.