Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Wish I had more time to dedicate to this but appreciate all the thoughtful and well put together lists.

5. FTL: Faster Than Light
I'm a bit late on this one but it consumed me for a while this year. I still haven't unlocked all the ships and appreciate how challenging it can be.

4. Enter the Gungeon
Possibly my favourite game of all time. The final update, A Farewell to Arms, was a great sendoff. This game pays homage to so many other games from Megaman to Earthworm Jim, I love it.

3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Any other year this is top dog, I assumed it would be this year but here we are. I feel others have put it better, but I appreciated the strides From Software made and am excited for whatever they do next.

2. Slay the Spire
gently caress this game. I have beaten it on AC20 and still come crawling back for more pain. There's nothing else quite like it and I'm excited to try the fourth character.

1. Disco Elysium
This game broke me. I immediately started a second playthrough. A true work of art, I don't think anything will compare for a long time to come.

Levin fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Rarity posted:

Tomorrow starting 2pm GMT, 9am EST. This countdown doesn't just appear without any effort, you know!

I've always assumed that you perform ancient eldritch radical leftist rituals involving blood sacrifice to make them appear.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Rarity posted:

47. RISK OF RAIN 2 (HOPOO)
30 points, listed 5 times

The only thing that’s at risk here is your enjoyment if you don’t play this game!

Really glad folks listed this. I got it during the Steam sale and was able to convince some friends to get it too, having a lot of fun with it so far.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

All is right in the world. This was a true pleasure to follow and I'm so glad I was able to. Thank you so much Rarity for putting this together and I hope to be reading your GOTY thread for years to come.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

I must be the only person who played Disco Elysium and didn't put it on my list.

I'm not usually one for mob justice but let me grab my pitchfork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

Here's my review in case you are curious.

Seems like you gave it careful consideration and thank you for taking the time to put together a well thoughtout review. Still, up against the wall you go.