Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hunt11 posted:

Out of the two votes with any momentum I feel better about voting for GK then Steak.

##vote George Kansas

Another bad hunt post hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

can't wait to kill one of the people voting gk tomorrow.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

even if gk is scum and literally never posts again and doesn't die, we should vote steak out.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
##vote GK

Basically a lurker who posted just enough to claim to be helpful with one really bad case and a lot of shade.

I don't see anyone else getting lunched in the time that is left.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Another point to my vote.

At -2, or now -1, they should be full claiming or making cases, or something helpful instead of staying lurking.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

-1 to hammer,

2 hours and change til deadline

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I feel a little weird about all this weight coming so quickly, but then again:

Leith Maclaine posted:

At -2, or now -1, they should be full claiming or making cases, or something helpful instead of staying lurking.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'm around to hammer and I'm fine doing it, but I'll give GK a bit in case they want to make a last minute case for their survival.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hum, my elder dragon pal, rap with me

If GK was scum, wouldn’t their team have been prodding the gently caress out of him? I know this is a wifom argument but it’s strong in my mind

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

If GK was scum, wouldn’t their team have been prodding the gently caress out of them? I know this is a wifom argument but it’s strong in my mind

mafedit

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Sandwolf posted:

If GK was scum, wouldn’t their team have been prodding the gently caress out of him? I know this is a wifom argument but it’s strong in my mind

This is exactly what I was thinking independently before I read your post. I read GK as disinterested town and think we will vote them and be down a day tomorrow. I doubt it’s gonna go another way but I’d still vote Steak instead.

##vote Steak

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t feel comfortable moving off GK because this thread seems real dead for 2 hrs before deadline and I don’t think we could muster 11 votes like so.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

If GK was scum, wouldn’t their team have been prodding the gently caress out of them? I know this is a wifom argument but it’s strong in my mind

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Do you see a Steak vote being viable this late in the day? You would need six more votes besides the 3 he has already, yours, and mine.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Do you see a Steak vote being viable this late in the day? You would need six more votes besides the 3 he has already, yours, and mine.

Is half of this aimed at Ruggan?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t particularly think Steak is a better choice rn but he did do the thing of posting and voting in a flurry and then abruptly disappearing.

Actually, I would vote steak

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

you can tell a horse they're thirsty but you can't make them swim

i have no strong feelings towards a steak lunch but ill be vanishing in about half an hour so i cant guarantee my vote if you try for a last minute pivot

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I could see steak if there is a push. The argument that scum would be screaming on scum chat is a good one.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

I would move to steak, but he's SUCH an easy target on D1 it never feels great to vote him early. But he definitely has strong scum vibes so far

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Is half of this aimed at Ruggan?

Aimed at anyone still around. Looks like only the three of us.

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t particularly think Steak is a better choice rn but he did do the thing of posting and voting in a flurry and then abruptly disappearing.

Actually, I would vote steak

I'd be fine voting either one. They'll both give info.

dmboogie posted:

you can tell a horse they're thirsty but you can't make them swim

i have no strong feelings towards a steak lunch but ill be vanishing in about half an hour so i cant guarantee my vote if you try for a last minute pivot

Nyalotha isn't that serious.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Leith Maclaine posted:

I could see steak if there is a push. The argument that scum would be screaming on scum chat is a good one.

Is it? How do we even know GK is around to look at scum chat

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lot of people chiming in to show a willingness to vote Steak. Also suspicious imo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Lot of people chiming in to show a willingness to vote Steak. Also suspicious imo

I won't vote anyone at all

Is that better?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think we are hitting scum here. The huge late push seems weird, not sure which votes are weird yet though.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

merk posted:

I think we are hitting scum here. The huge late push seems weird, not sure which votes are weird yet though.

I'm inclined to agree. Sudden shift is likely scum team moving onto team mate that isn't responding to prods (I realize this includes me)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I won't vote anyone at all

Is that better?

Having flashbacks to 2016

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

I'm inclined to agree. Sudden shift is likely scum team moving onto team mate that isn't responding to prods (I realize this includes me)

lolololol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

The push on GK or the push on Steak?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Hal Incandenza posted:

Is it? How do we even know GK is around to look at scum chat

We don't know that he is around. I haven't used the forbidden technique to confirm, but I would assume his discord would be chiming a lot in this situation if he was scum. Keeping my vote on him currently but open to changing.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

We don't know that he is around. I haven't used the forbidden technique to confirm, but I would assume his discord would be chiming a lot in this situation if he was scum. Keeping my vote on him currently but open to changing.

:crossarms:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
This gk push sucks but whatever. Too late to go back

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

merk posted:

I really dislike the sudden last minute attempt by Ruggan to get folks to switch votes off GK, by using Sandwolf's post as a jumping point to just go "hey maybe let's vote this other guy instead." Especially since they just wandered in, posted that with a vote for Steak and then wandered off again. It reads like someone trying to protect their scumbuddy but between GK seemingly being completely MIA and at -1 already, I have to question why anyone'd bother going to bat like that.

I'm keeping my vote on GK at this point, though. I'm super not convinced its worth voting for Steak this late, and I'm off to bed like any minute now so I'm definitely not gonna be around for anything else closer to deadline.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Regardless of how this plays out, I can’t remember the last time gk put effort into a mafia game. I really hope he flips scum because of not we learn nothing

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
^^yhet is a good point. If gk glips scum I will be looking at ruggan tomorrow

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think GK flips scum for clarity.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

If anyone has something to say, I'd say it in the next 15 minutes or so.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I will hammer if needed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

If anyone has something to say, I'd say it in the next 15 minutes or so.

You’re all the best and without mafia I would be really bored during that 15 minutes of free time I have every day

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sure are a lot of folk around

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If I can show up you'd think other people could too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maybe GK is cult leader who had no N0 and were just about to win