Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Sorry about that, can’t play at work and life otherwise got busier than I expected. Still busy tonight but hope to be around tomorrow, not that I expect to live until then. As a free lunch I should probably be voted.

In the interest of full disclosure I am a town even night watcher, so nothing to report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Toalpaz posted:

No one dies at night... and in the morning the headline reads thusly...

BAD WUNNENBURG TIMES

Hello everyone! I'm the neighborhood correspondent, and I don't like the feeling that there is something fishy afoot in this town. I occasionally will have helpful info to tell you during the night. Not this night though. Except to use the free exe on GK, who should have been killed in the first place. Please be careful town!

Day 2 begins now! Deadline is Friday, 10pm EST.

Also going to point out that this was posted for any of those that ignore mod morning posts

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

Is this just standard too busy to actually play/disinterested GK or scum?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

George Kansas posted:

Sorry about that, can’t play at work and life otherwise got busier than I expected. Still busy tonight but hope to be around tomorrow, not that I expect to live until then. As a free lunch I should probably be voted.

In the interest of full disclosure I am a town even night watcher, so nothing to report

That’s a hell of a fake claim if it is.

##unvote to reassess.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If that’s a fakeclaim, I’ll go on to say it’s the best fakeclaim I’ve seen in a long time. It gives the town a potential carrot to not lynch you without needing to claim any results now and it plays on three claims in thread about targeting, one of which saying their role exists to mess with watchers and trackers. It feels like a perfect fit in the setup as we have learned so far.

If fake, very much bravo. If real, whatever.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The thing that is getting me is them saying it makes sense to use the free lunch on them. Them showing up like they did pretty much ensures that isn't going to happen quickly.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

The thing that is getting me is them saying it makes sense to use the free lunch on them. Them showing up like they did pretty much ensures that isn't going to happen quickly.

I would say that if I was in their shoes myself. In fact, I did this repeatedly as exe in my very first SA game, and it was really good at getting people off of me. AA even when off of me multiple times, even though they were my target and I basically never stopped pushing them

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
So basically scum had their choice of two towns yesterday. Great

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gotcha, thanks Hal ;)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

So think about who seemed the most disinterested in who actually got lunched and more ensuring a lunch happens (Hum, Amni)

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

Uh why do you say that?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Humalong

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

They are both bad votes but both need to be removed from the game. Steak lied about his role yet again and GK is lurking.

Anyone suggesting me today is being incredibly opportunistic.

This post is the case.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
“I don’t care about their alignments” + defense != scum hunting

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I dislike leaving GK alive, Mega has pretty well stated my reasons for it.

If we're going to move off of GK then I would be moving to Humalong or RF.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

This post is the case.

To even SUGGEST hum makes you scummy though, merk, how do you rectify that?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

humalong's anti-steak status has not only been seen in his town game, but has also been classified as justified by academics.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

To even SUGGEST hum makes you scummy though, merk, how do you rectify that?

Unabashedly

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
My question for Humalong would be this:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Lot of people chiming in to show a willingness to vote Steak. Also suspicious imo

What led you to express this wariness, then moving your vote near the end?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I understand getting busy but, even night town watcher, boy that sure is convenient that there are no results to claim after N1.

##vote GK

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

I understand getting busy but, even night town watcher, boy that sure is convenient that there are no results to claim after N1.

##vote GK

##vote Leith

I agree with the take that if this is a fakeclaim it's a good one, if GK isn't a watcher it'll become apparent before long, this reads scummy to me

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

##vote Leith

I agree with the take that if this is a fakeclaim it's a good one, if GK isn't a watcher it'll become apparent before long, this reads scummy to me

....how will it become apparent before long? We're in a cult game, we don't know who is being visited at night because people don't die every night.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I switched because I believed them to both be town but knew that being around and not voting would mean people would take the opportunity to push me for it the next day.

Then I voted and people are still pushing me for it instead of hunting actual scum. lol

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Amnistar posted:

....how will it become apparent before long? We're in a cult game, we don't know who is being visited at night because people don't die every night.

Not gk's alignment but the watcher claim? Like if GK is faking results that's gonna require some luck

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nep-Nep posted:

Not gk's alignment but the watcher claim? Like if GK is faking results that's gonna require some luck

Or if it’s fake he will be forced to continually implicate his scumbuds in order to escape the lie

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

It's not a huge amount of luck to say that you watched someone and no one visited? I guess we do have a lot of moving people that don't need to hide their identity because they're just visitors, but I feel like early on the likelyhood of picking a random person no one visited isn't high?

Also, the inevitable "I was super busy and forgot to submit my action."

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Humalong posted:

I switched because I believed them to both be town but knew that being around and not voting would mean people would take the opportunity to push me for it the next day.

Then I voted and people are still pushing me for it instead of hunting actual scum. lol

When you say "take the opportunity" it sounds like you think scum would do that, but you use the alignment neutral "people" instead. Are you saying you moved your vote with the primary motivation of not getting cased? I'm trying to understand your motivations in those moments

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Amnistar posted:

Also, the inevitable "I was super busy and forgot to submit my action."

If this then happened I would agree that's way too convenient and vote GK

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nep-Nep posted:

If this then happened I would agree that's way too convenient and vote GK

We lunched Quid on (partly) this logic in Fate and it was a mistake

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Leith Maclaine posted:

##vote GK

Rethink this

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
On one hand, why not replace out? Why claim?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

b-minus1 posted:

Rethink this

It is an amazing claim, but there is the point that if GK was scum, his scumbros would be absolutely screaming on him to have a few dozen idiot posts to avoid the pressure. I even made that point last night so

##unvote

I can always put it back tomorrow.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##vote Hum

Since we're not taking advantage of our free cuddle to get rid of the lurker.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

George Kansas posted:

Who did you watch then?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Isn't it susp that they claimed and didn't say who they watched get visited by no one? This would give us info on who at least wasn't turned into cult, and give their claim legitimacy.

Like, are they afraid to say someone that was visited?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

MegaZeroX posted:

Isn't it susp that they claimed and didn't say who they watched get visited by no one? This would give us info on who at least wasn't turned into cult, and give their claim legitimacy.

No, none of that is susp

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

MegaZeroX posted:

....you quoted the post dude. Reread it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

No, none of that is susp

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dang maybe mega was scum and he sent me barking up the wrong tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

IcePhoenix posted:

dang maybe mega was scum and he sent me barking up the wrong tree

For failing to meet posting restrictions IcePhoenix, Fiona Uffermann, Town-Aligned compulsive visitor and Doll has been modkilled. The day continues.