Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

Guys Amni obviously can’t talk about any part of the PR or he gets modkilled

@Hal, I’m trying to find a break in the rule somehow to get more info. At least figure out a way for him to like, blink a yes or no at ya

The mod already killed someone for the PR crap. I would let it go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

This is the only thing that confuses me about a Humalong lynch. If he's scum doing this, this is a really good post.

No doubt, but there’s also the amazing piece of WIFOM about AA within the PR, so it wouldn’t surprise me that Hum was being a little cheeky

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

this is a really good question.

FYI this is Amni blinking a “yes” at me for my pushing Humalong rn

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

merk posted:

##vote Hal

It's actually Hal. He comes in to defend the vote leader (at the time) with low analysis on two votes made against him. He then comes in later to say we should vote 'the scum [voting humalong]' without any analysis whatsoever of who to vote.

This is scum Hal. He's not scum hunting. He's just kind of actively participating without moving the needle on who to lynch in any way or making calls of his own that matter at all.

I dunno. I think that what you're calling "low analysis" is just a simple explanation for Hum's actions. I don't agree with them (I'm more in alignment with your thoughts) but I don't think that this is a scummy way to view it.

I think Hum is a better vote today. Plus it'll give us some insight into whether Hal could have had scummy motivations in his "low analysis" defense as you called it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hum’s pm apparently says thst wind up roles are bad. I think we should lunch someone else and see gk’s flip.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

merk posted:

We don't lynch for information. Find and lynch scum.

This is scummy.

Think you quoted the wrong post, but I'll expand on what I meant above that one anyway.

If Hum is scum, as I have been pretty convinced of since the start of D2, then that makes it more likely that you're right about Hal and he's also scum.

If somehow Hum is not scum, then that means it's plausible for Hal to no be scum either.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

b-minus1 posted:

Hum’s pm apparently says thst wind up roles are bad. I think we should lunch someone else and see gk’s flip.

What does that even mean?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Who else would have this info? The person in control of wind up roles.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Dragonatrix posted:

Think you quoted the wrong post, but I'll expand on what I meant above that one anyway.

If Hum is scum, as I have been pretty convinced of since the start of D2, then that makes it more likely that you're right about Hal and he's also scum.

If somehow Hum is not scum, then that means it's plausible for Hal to no be scum either.

Yeah this is basically what I was getting at. The light defense of Hum could look really good or really bad for Hal and might indicate alignment if we knew Hum's.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Ruggan posted:

What does that even mean?

If gk flips scum then hum is probably town. Imo

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Sandwolf posted:

FYI this is Amni blinking a “yes” at me for my pushing Humalong rn

True, and we should also remember that there was a period of time when Amni's posts were active disinformation. Knowing that those posts were active disinformation and rereading them in that light may shed new insights.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

If gk flips scum then hum is probably town. Imo

If scum, GK was the easiest scum buddy to bus in the world.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Leith Maclaine posted:

True, and we should also remember that there was a period of time when Amni's posts were active disinformation. Knowing that those posts were active disinformation and rereading them in that light may shed new insights.

Can people please start doing the thing they say we should do instead of only saying how we should do the thing?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

merk posted:

If scum, GK was the easiest scum buddy to bus in the world.

fair enough.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
...and Hum's "gotcha" scum hunting is really indicative of a bus.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

merk posted:

Can people please start doing the thing they say we should do instead of only saying how we should do the thing?

I am, but I would like others to be thinking along those lines also for independence of thoughts. Others may notice things I don't.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok ##vote Humalong

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Leith Maclaine posted:

I am, but I would like others to be thinking along those lines also for independence of thoughts. Others may notice things I don't.

Great. Please go do the thing and tell us what you learn.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Let’s say we are at -1 to someone and they weren’t particularly strongly fighting for their own survival. People are taking his lunch as granted and talking about other things.

Then, someone relatively unsuspecting, at that moment, comes in, and starts shouting about how they kill people at night and don’t win with the uninformed majority.

Well, shoot, you gotta get that guy! But after you string that guy up you figure out it’s a drat doll, a ruse in sheep’s clothing, an absolute boner.

So who do you go for next? Who would have the greatest interest in creating a bright and loud diversion?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

This post is awful, but that last sentence is just..on another planet. In what world do scum do this?

Let's agree to disagree, and honestly, in this same world lmao.

It happens more often than you'd think. People get busy, some people legit dislike playing scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Let's agree to disagree, and honestly, in this same world lmao.

It happens more often than you'd think. People get busy, some people legit dislike playing scum.

okay valid I shouldn’t have been so dismissive, you’re right. I guess when I’m scum I feel more of a social impetus to play because instead of letting ‘the town’ down, I’m letting down a smaller group of masonbuds, but that’s not reflective of the whole

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sandwolf posted:

Let’s say we are at -1 to someone and they weren’t particularly strongly fighting for their own survival. People are taking his lunch as granted and talking about other things.

Then, someone relatively unsuspecting, at that moment, comes in, and starts shouting about how they kill people at night and don’t win with the uninformed majority.

Well, shoot, you gotta get that guy! But after you string that guy up you figure out it’s a drat doll, a ruse in sheep’s clothing, an absolute boner.

So who do you go for next? Who would have the greatest interest in creating a bright and loud diversion?

that's a reasonable thread of logic imo

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah, this is persuasive.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If Humalong flips scum, I will give a bit more credit to his scum game. That 'fronting the issue' post on Amnistar's PR is really good. If scum, my expectation is that one of his scum buddies used the PR thing to try to save him without his agreement, and he felt the need to front the issue because it looks too obvious.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

If Humalong flips scum, I will give a bit more credit to his scum game. That 'fronting the issue' post on Amnistar's PR is really good. If scum, my expectation is that one of his scum buddies used the PR thing to try to save him without his agreement, and he felt the need to front the issue because it looks too obvious.

if he's town though, what point is there to making that post? Other than a totally valid laugh

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

I was not always a wind up toy...:sad:

But now I am a wind up toy! I am no longer a bad boy that stole keys. I am now happy!

Amni, if you can, can you blink really really hard if this is in reference to a previous game where all of us were part of law enforcement?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

if he's town though, what point is there to making that post? Other than a totally valid laugh

Humalong shitposts constantly.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

gotta keep gulag alive until day 6 now

anyone voting for gulag before then is mod-confirmed scum

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

merk posted:

Humalong shitposts constantly.

that's true

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Not yet voting: Amnistar, Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza, Hunt11, Leith Maclaine, MegaZeroX, Mr. Humalong, Retro Futurist

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hey amnistar totally unrelated to anything can you vote hum for me

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Sandwolf posted:

Hey amnistar totally unrelated to anything can you vote hum for me

That is a really good question.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

nice, roasted

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Amni, if you can, can you blink really really hard if this is in reference to a previous game where all of us were part of law enforcement?

I dont know what you're talking about.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

we can,,, understand him.. we have the tools

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This is a really good question = yes
I don't know what you're talking about = no

We did it. We cracked the code. WHO GIVES A poo poo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

nah I don't think it's this simple

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
PRs are the dumbest setup decision in all of mafia. It removes player agency and does nothing more than act as a distraction. Can we just ignore Amnistar until this goes away? We aren't lynching him today.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

I dont know what you're talking about.

Amni, do you like bacon-cheddar filled croissants or cinnamon rolls more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

I really like you merk.

One day I want to be mason buddies with you.