Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Ruggan posted:

Amni, do you like bacon-cheddar filled croissants or cinnamon rolls more?

Cinnamon rolls. I find croissants to be just not great rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

PRs are the dumbest setup decision in all of mafia. It removes player agency and does nothing more than act as a distraction. Can we just ignore Amnistar until this goes away? We aren't lynching him today.

I whanna lunch Hum, I agree with your PR statement, but this is the lot we been handed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Hmm. I'm happy voting for either Hal, but reviewing Hum's post history shows less scum hunting than I'd normally expect of a town Hum. I highly believe GK is scum though, so if Hum is scum, that was really well played overall, pushing for their buddy who was going to survive the day, then taking enough heat to almost get cuddled, then targeting Amni to get PRed, and then having the balls to lampshade it.

Still, I feel better about it than the Amni vote as is.

##vote Hum

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

Cinnamon rolls. I find croissants to be just not great rolls.

Is there anyone in this thread that could "convince" you to say otherwise?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Amnistar posted:

I dont know what you're talking about.

In a previous game, I had a forced alignment change mid game where I had an item of keys on me. AA was the GodFather on that one. Hal and Hum were Town if I remember right. I think amni is suggesting that we look to that game for clues.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896200

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Leith Maclaine posted:

In a previous game, I had a forced alignment change mid game where I had an item of keys on me. AA was the GodFather on that one. Hal and Hum were Town if I remember right. I think amni is suggesting that we look to that game for clues.

nah

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

...I dont even...

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

no offense Leith, just.. we don't really do what you're describing here?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

no offense Leith, just.. we don't really do what you're describing here?

Trying to think outside the box.

Dumb idea

Retracted.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Aha! Humalong was town in that game, which means.... absolutely nothing!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

merk posted:

PRs are the dumbest setup decision in all of mafia. It removes player agency and does nothing more than act as a distraction. Can we just ignore Amnistar until this goes away? We aren't lynching him today.

I think it has been fun personally haha. Figuring out if there are PR's is part of the mystery (IP died for our sins), it lets scum have more ways to bluff, and it generally creates in interesting mechanic in certain reads of the PR is subtle.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Leith Maclaine posted:

Dumb idea

Retracted.

honestly not a dumb idea, just a little beyond the scope of what a mafia game is here. You should try Survivor sometime though!

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

honestly not a dumb idea, just a little beyond the scope of what a mafia game is here. You should try Survivor sometime though!

Will keep an eye out for that., anyway

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

MegaZeroX posted:

I think it has been fun personally haha. Figuring out if there are PR's is part of the mystery (IP died for our sins), it lets scum have more ways to bluff, and it generally creates in interesting mechanic in certain reads of the PR is subtle.

I'm gonna disagree on this one. I'd never seen PRs before, and after this I would be quite content to never see one ever again.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Dumb idea

Retracted.

the spirit of the idea was good and shows you're paying attention

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nep-Nep posted:

the spirit of the idea was good and shows you're paying attention

so you gonna vote Hum or what

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
in due time

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

so you gonna vote Hum or what

Nep-nep has been lurking the entire game and a decent candidate to be cult/3p IMO.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nep-Nep posted:

in due time

why, is he gonna PR someone else?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MegaZeroX posted:

me being a caricature of myself: "I don't play mafia to have fun. I play to find and lynch scum."

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Nep-Nep posted:

I do find hypocrisy to be a potential scumtell but sometimes town players just change their position without writing an essay about it and then I'm jumping on something that's not there, so I try to look and see if it's a pattern that repeats... which isn't really useful for d1 scumhunting

This post from Nep-Nep yesterday was a red flag for me that I didn't comment on because Nep-Nep right before (or after?) this said that he didn't really have any reads and this was at least Nep-Nep trying to engage in the thread. THAT SAID, this was Nep-Nep happily jumping into a general mafia discussion instead of actually finding scum, which I usually find to be a scumtell.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sandwolf posted:

why, is he gonna PR someone else?

Real answer I like your reasoning that the PR was likely a distraction tactic away from Hum and I've had a couple issues with things he posted but wished to revisit those first. The main thing about Hum's posting I don't like is the reasoning for vote switching near the end, saying that GK and Steak were both bad votes, something I don't feel like town would be all that confident of.

##vote Humalong

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Also just a gut feel but I'm thinking b-minus this time

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Amni is very obviously a red herring, and even if we think we "crack the code" we have no way of knowing for sure. Anybody pushing that poo poo is causing multi-page distractions, and are either being a bonehead, or actively trying to derail us. I'm heavily eye balling anyone who won't just drop it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Amni is very obviously a red herring, and even if we think we "crack the code" we have no way of knowing for sure. Anybody pushing that poo poo is causing multi-page distractions, and are either being a bonehead, or actively trying to derail us. I'm heavily eye balling anyone who won't just drop it

"Lemme tell you why everything you guys are doing to find scum is wrong, scummy, and not propose an alternative in either discussion or target."

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

"Lemme tell you why everything you guys are doing to find scum is wrong, scummy, and not propose an alternative in either discussion or target."

Yeah.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

So you're going to do that thing again where you insist people are town without backing it up at all, eh?

Retro Futurist posted:

GREAT SCUM HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote hum for 3P hunting and then refusing to answer any followup questions even though he posted after we all called him out.

Not opposed to taking the freebie GK kill too.

Do you still believe this case?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rf would probably be a good case.

##vote RF

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

I really like you merk.

One day I want to be mason buddies with you.

:goofy:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Do you still believe this case?

no

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh, it's a flavour thing. ##unvote

That's dumb but at least he had a reason. Maybe putting that reason in the same post where you vote is not a bad idea though Hum, might stop people from going after you.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Amnistar posted:

Rf would probably be a good case.

##vote RF

You should try doing it then

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok. Who is scum and why?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Humalong posted:

Good job Amnistar for diverting attention from me, you may cease with the scum claiming now.

Could Hum be under some odd PR also? This is seeming really strange to me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Leith Maclaine posted:

Could Hum be under some odd PR also? This is seeming really strange to me.

Nah that’s just him

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote humalong

at first I was worried like ‘oh no what if the whole amni distraction was a setup to make us lunch hum’ but since hum was the vote leader that’d be, pretty unnecessary tbh

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
## vote hum

Will be phoneposting most weekend but there was a lack of care how they were acting before the end of day 1.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Hum is now at -1.

Votecount for Day 2

Mr. Humalong (8): Sandwolf, merk, Amnistar, Dragonatrix, b-minus1, b-minus1, Retro Futurist, Eat The Rich, Retro Futurist, Eat The Rich, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Sandwolf, merk, Ruggan, merk, MegaZeroX, Nep-Nep, dmboogie, Hunt11
Amnistar (2): GulagDolls, dmboogie, Eat The Rich, dmboogie
Retro Futurist (1): dmboogie, dmboogie, Amnistar
Hal Incandenza (1): merk, b-minus1, merk, merk, merk
Hunt11 (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Eat The Rich (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Leith Maclaine (0): Nep-Nep, Amnistar, Amnistar, Nep-Nep

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Humalong, Retro Futurist

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 14th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 7 hours, 7 minutes.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I don't want to do the hammer yet but I will be around if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Man you guys are pretty confident in this hum thing