Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Reading ETR’s list makes me feel good about Leith and binus. He prodded at them in a way that makes me think he wouldn’t have then recruited them.

I feel good about Mega because he’s town.

I feel good about boogie because of his play yesterday.

That leaves Gulag, merk, and Dragon for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Toalpaz posted:

Morning comes, the doll maker lies slain still on the street to rot. The horror appears to be over. Why then, does it not feel like respite is available?

No one dies night 5!

The headline reads:

--------------
Hello everyone. This is MegaZeroX, the journalist. We are end game, so am going to claim my actions. I double as a watcher. N1: No one visited Hunt. N2: No one visited Sandwolf. N3: No one visited Dmboogie N4: No one visited Sandwolf. This probably should help explain some of my reads, if I didn't think they started out scum...
--------------

Sandwolf first voted cult, and wasn't visited last night, so is basically confirmed town.

If you believe I haven't been converted, then I am confirmed town (or I guess you could think that I would be a 3rd core cult team member).

In order for both Boogie and Binus to be town, their needs to be a cult transporter, and we already know of the existence of a starting cult backup, a starting cult recruiter, and seemingly starting cult with a PR ability of some kind. And it is highly unlikely that there would be 4 starting cult members, given with recruiters and 20 people it would be OP.

Leith and Gulag look susp for never participating in the ETR vote.

Binus and Boogie seem incompatible.

Merk and Hal both came in late.

I'm not sure who to go for tbh

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Oh and I forgot Dragonatrix's even existance which is probably susp of its own right LOL

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal’s dead Mega.

Is there no way for both boogie and binus to be truthful?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Leith Maclaine posted:

We have time but I am very okay with this vote. I'll change tomorrow if nothing better comes up.

I would point out that I said I was okay with an ETR vote but that we had plenty of time.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Leith Maclaine posted:

Well, at least we got 1 scum and 1 3P. Also a doll ran out of energy.

So Mega, is there any more insight you would like to add in the morning headline?

The insight of my previous reads:

Sandwolf - wasn't visited n2, and I knew that n1 Amni was visited. And their vote history seemed towny, with proclaiming a fake visit record being risky for cult. So, if converted, would have had to happen exactly during n3, so thats why I thought they were super towny yesterday

Boogie - I knew they weren't visited n3, and their d3 vote seemed really good. Same as the visitor list above

Hal - Same idea with the visitor list visiting unaffected people, but also if they were lying you would think they would lie about IP. Not solid, but made me think them a bit towny.

Given the cult spec, I really didn't think bus driver was a thing, which made me susp of Binus

Gulag is also usually a good player and their gameplay this game hasn't been, which is why I've been susp

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Err... maybe it can't be ETR. I saw him visit Humalong n1. ##unvote

No rational cult team would recruit ETR, and he's not recruiter because Humalong flipped town.

For full results, I can confirm this from last night:

Hmmmm...

merk posted:

##vote ETR

Yeah... this looks like uncertainty over bussing

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I keep WIFOMing the decision of two relatively new players (Hunt & ETR) actually recruiting the person everyone in the game was talking about being a likely recruit.

I think I want to lunch Merk or Gulag today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Merk’s specific “he’s not recruiter because...” is another bad point

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Screw it ##vote merk

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

I keep WIFOMing the decision of two relatively new players (Hunt & ETR) actually recruiting the person everyone in the game was talking about being a likely recruit.

I think I want to lunch Merk or Gulag today.

I am currently fine with either but I have historically been very bad at reading Gulag.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm done. I'm the last cultist. There is a 3p remaining after me (not cult).

##vote merk

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Leith Maclaine posted:

I am currently fine with either but I have historically been very bad at reading Gulag.

find me someone good at reading Gulag and I’ll show you a master of ESP

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

##vote merk

good game man, well played.

Gulag is probably 3P

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The 3p is definitely Sandwolf by the way. I was trying to get him lynched yesterday so I'd still look townie. Sorry to ruin your game, Sandwolf.

merk out.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

merk posted:

##vote merk

?????

Giving up? Really? I am suspecting Jester here because this seems a really strange time to give up.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

The 3p is definitely Sandwolf by the way. I was trying to get him lynched yesterday so I'd still look townie. Sorry to ruin your game, Sandwolf.

merk out.

Ahahaha it’s not me, why do you think it’s me, scumbalina?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Leith Maclaine posted:

?????

Giving up? Really? I am suspecting Jester here because this seems a really strange time to give up.

Nah nah, might I introduce you to my friend, Occam’s razor

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Hal’s dead Mega.

Is there no way for both boogie and binus to be truthful?

Oh lol that explains why I forgot Dragonatrix in my math (counting to 8).

There are ways, but they are weird:

1) IP's PR came from Hunt as backup (through special stuff), with a cult bus driver to be a third option

2) There are actually 4 starting cult in a game of 20 people (super weird when they turn to 5 for day 2, and likely 6 total for day 4). Even worse when you realize we had a 3p.

3) There was a town bus driver that swapped day 1, and was also converted, because recruiter could get multiple people in a single night somehow (oneshot?)

Like, there would be more flexibility for a JoAT or something if it wasn't day 1, but day 1 contradictory claims are hard to work in with 2 flipped starting cultists with what we know

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Welp, I guess that ends that discussion.

##vote merk

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Well screw it, if he is jester than the game should still go on.

##vote Merk

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

:redhammer:

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I would guess that binus or boogie is the 3p then, which would explain the good votes from them

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

##vote merk

Bad vote tryna stay under the radar

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
The town put on their thinking caps to come up with a plan with what to do to make the town safer! Then the last doll came forward and said, ‘I’m the last doll, sorry for helping Brünhild try and turn other towns folk into dolls!’ The townsfolk were suspicious at first, but smashed the doll. Then they felt better.

Merk, Sarah Kirchweger, Town-Aligned Cult-Aligned Vanilla Doll was executed Day 5!

While they were banging and smashing, poor old Lara’s hands snapped at the wrists! Oh no, she was actually porcelain too! The townsfolk smashed her to bits.

Lieth, Lara Seyfried, Town-Aligned Vanilla Town and Doll broke her wrists and was shattered on Day 5!

Cackling at the sight of the townsfolk destroy one of their own, Jörn Ganzfried packed up their small occult shop and hightailed it out of town.

DMBoogie, Jörn Ganzfried, Self-Aligned Killer (Spirit Trapper) has won a third party victory and absconded after expending all of his four kills and surviving a day!

The game ends! Town faces no further threats, and has won!

Gulagdolls, Nicola Schulberg, Town-Aligned Vanilla Town survived the curious incidents of Bad Wunnenberg!

MegaZeroX, Melchior Fischart, Town-Aligned Journalist survived the curious incidents of Bad Wunnenberg!

Dragonatrix, Sigrid Kohlhaase, a Town-Aligned Clockwork Automaton with a Clockwork Rifle survived the curious incidents of Bad Wunnenberg!

Sandwolf, Lucie Klemm, Town-Aligned Compulsive Visitor survived the curious incidents of Bad Wunnenberg!

B-minus1, Detlef Blumentritt, Town-Aligned ‘Wind-up’ Tracker (Odd Nights) survived the curious incidents of Bad Wunnenberg!

Good game! Thanks for playing everyone! I've learned a lot from this set-up and I'd do a lot of things differently were I to run the same game now. I think one of the roles was way to heavily into bastard mod territory, and even though I advertised alignment changes I probably went too far.

I really liked the cult set-up for this game and I'll be linking the document I used containing all the roles soon.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hell yeah

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

It has been fun everyone! I haven't been the smartest towny around, but we won! :)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Boy you guys sure whiffed on boogie like 3 days in a row

Good game, Toal. Even if town did turbo me

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Almost made it.

A doll for under an hour.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Leith Maclaine posted:

Almost made it.

A doll for under an hour.

So, you did win though. I know it's confusing but everyone who died end of day for no reason was a victim of the fake recruiter serial killer.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Game was unwinnable if ETR wasn’t going to try.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i had fun, hope y'all did too :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udCTrn0VBNU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayCwp71Qwdg

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

merk posted:

Game was unwinnable if ETR wasn’t going to try.

your mom

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hey thanks forgot about that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Damnit as soon as I was gone merk busted out all his tells. What night were you recruited?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Merk was recruited on the third night.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok I still got it then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

quote:

DMBoogie, Jörn Ganzfried, Self-Aligned Killer (Spirit Trapper) has won a third party victory and absconded after expending all of his four kills and surviving a day!
@mega gently caress U. i became immune to criticism after day 2 anyway.

well the only thing i cared about was absorbing someone on day 6 and I didn't get to. therefore, bad game, super cringe and unbased.