Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Lawen posted:

Sooooo...
A friend got a 12:08pm slot that he doesn’t need. Can he just use my credit card to reserve a room for me or is there some trickery necessary?
my slot was 8:35pm gtfo

Yeah you can do this

Someone in our group got a 12:50ish slot, so fingers crossed there.

I think this year I'm gonna skip running a public game. I'll still do a goon game mind. I sorta kinda had this idea for running a Design A Game In An Hour workshop that might be fun, anyone have any experience running larger events like that? I've done it outside of cons. How does charging for events work? All of my games are always functionally free. Do I get that money somehow, does it go toward comping my badge in some way?

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 9, 2020

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

CellBlock posted:

I’m not 100% on this, but there’s a Gen Con minimum of $2 per attendee per 2 hour block, but you can add to that and pocket the difference. (Games with take home stuff like MtG sealed/draft events or miniature paint-and-take, and games where there’s a lot of extra stuff going on like Call of Cthulhu games with music and props and whatnot often charge extra.). Once your event gets to be over $20/2 hours, the con starts taking a bigger cut.

You can get a comped badge for 70 player-hours of events.

For example, you could run your seminar for three hours (maybe like an hour of teaching, then an hour to design the games, and an hour to have everyone show off their stuff. Gen Con would charge attendees $4, and you add up to about $30 without them taking more. If it was open to more than 23 people, that would be at least 70 player-hours and you’d get a badge.

Awesome, I guess I'll be setting this up then!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

It seems far out enough that if public gatherings and cons and stuff are still being shut down by then we'll be in some pretty deep poo poo overall

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I just had to cancel my friendconvention and I'm p sad so I'm pinning a lot of emotional hope on GenCon bbyyyyy

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I had a really cool ARG planned for GenCon this year :(

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

It's tied to the Roleplayers Guide To Heists, so probably not

But I could probably repurpose a lot of it for the Roleplayer's Guide To Assassination, maybe

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Comic Con just got scrapped. Not looking good :(

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Is this the first time GenCon would have missed a year, hypothetically?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I'm gonna miss y'all lmao

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I cancelled my badge today, rip :(

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah I'm not gonna go even if it happens officially, I have immunocompromised folx at home so I'll probably be on lockdown well past July at this rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

only one entrance in and one exit out of every location, staffed by "more police control" and over 400,000 hand sanitizer dispensers, plus like half a million masks? love it, excellent stuff