Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So finally a link to the new thread is posted.

Maybe this year I won't have my flight delayed by 6+ hours and I can make Shots Wednesday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Dr. Quarex posted:

Yes this whole debacle has reminded me that I probably just sent a link to this new thread to the GroupMe and was like WELP OBVIOUSLY THAT COVERS EVERYONE

So shameful.

Gen-Con deserves better. I will jump into the Sphere of Annihilation now.

*rolls a 1, jumps into Sphere of Inflation Fetishists* noooooooo this is wooooorrrse

Welp, this has now informed me that when my last phone died, and I upgraded, I didn't re-install GroupMe. I need to fix that ASAP.

I got SUPER hosed on the hotel list, I got 9pm. So now it's 12 miles away, or just stay in Carmel with the random guys I met and stayed with last year ( Which was awesome ). The problem, it's in loving Carmel, so a Lyft/Uber is about ~$30, and I likely don't have a place to store my luggage on Sunday.

I ended up lucking out most days and got rides back, and rode in with the gents I stayed with, but I can't count on luck again. Also lucked out and stored my luggage with a friend in their car that I literally met at the Con from the Wyrmwood community. I at least had talked to them previous to the con online. ;)

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

CellBlock posted:

I mean, it’s basically PAX, and people love that poo poo for some reason.

only one entrance in and one exit out of every location, staffed by "more police control" and over 400,000 hand sanitizer dispensers, plus like half a million masks? love it, excellent stuff

You joke, but that was PAX East this year. Pretty much EVERY booth had a gallon of hand sanitizer, and they employed a worker to literally just sit at the escalators with sanitizing wipes that held the cleaner against the rails of the escalators. It was a wild time.

Dr. Quarex posted:

Nesbit37

The time has come

As I was about to watch The Gamers: Dorkness Rising by myself, I remembered that once upon a time we had twice upon a time tried to put together a group stream viewing thing

THE TIME COULD NOT BE RIGHTER

I legitimately really like that movie, as silly as it is, and would be super down for a watch along party.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
If SA implodes and just splinters to Discord, this is the first and only Discord I felt I needed to join as of yet. The rest of the forums are forums, not discussions that require real time chat. But GenCon, we can use that poo poo for GenCon!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Oof, Malort....