Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Dr. Quarex posted:

But yeah, overscheduling can always be a problem, and for some people underscheduling is just as big a problem. Nobody enjoys feeling like they are constantly running from one event from the other and never getting a chance to engage in all the nebulous floating fun going on all around them, and certainly there are people who feel completely disconnected from the fun if they do not have some structure to their day.

My favorite thing of GenCon (Besides food trucks. And goons. Whatever, shut up, just listen.) is Indie Games On Demand. You can find out more about 'em here but the short explanation is that they're in the Hyatt, they run about every two hours or so, and you just need generics. Show up, get a boarding pass, wait a little while and then pick your game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Eastmabl posted:

Is it too early to freak out about the housing lottery?

The housing lottery will be fine!

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Ask him if he also wants all this ice cream (reveal 3 gallon bucket) and all this pizza (reveal 30" pizza) for breakfast.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

I bought my badge because I somehow haven't yet learned that the housing lottery loving hates me.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Ilor posted:

Oh my god, if this poo poo results in Loughmillers going under, I'm going to flip my poo poo.

Don't you put that curse out into the world.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Sloober posted:

I would mostly be irate about having had a primo time slot for booking a room turn out to be a bust

I would say that I take some schadenfreude in this since I get perennially screwed in the housing lottery but, uh, a pandemic is kind of a lot to counter balance whatever small joy I may take.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

I want a badge for The Convention That Never Happened.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

I mean, that's cool and all but social distancing at Gencon is only possible if 80% of the attendees and 50% of the vendors don't show up.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Some idiot posted:

20: no big crownd allowed, like the ones on tursday morning

Just make it a rule there can't be big crowds, so easy!

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Indiana sucks but there's no reason to be the Florida or Georgia of the Midwest. That's supposed to be Kansas.

Wisconsin is playing that role now.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

So new rule then, everyone has to cosplay but your costume must incorporate latex/nitrile gloves and a properly fitted/worn N95 rated mask.

EDIT: When reports of COVID started up I did have to wonder what the Pandemic booth would look like and if it'd be considered poor taste.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah, it's the right call. I hope the business entity that is Gencon doesn't lose their shirts because of it. I'll roll my badge over for 2021 and I bought a 2020 shirt to show my support and also grieve a little.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Gencon 2020 eye chart shirts are super soft.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

8one6 posted:

It's weird how little I want to deal with an online Gen Con. Like, I have no excitement for any of this and I don't know why I'm not excited.

Personally, I can't get excited at the prospect of gaming at my home computer because I do that every day already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Selnaric made this in his game garage last night.