Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

THEN
NOW
FOREVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
turned it on, saw baron and ziggler, and im out...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when you buy a 500 dollar graphics card and didn't know there's been a bug where it makes hitman 2 crash for no reason pretty often

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvfsfS6NVUc

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

this isnt very good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hirez posted:

turned it on, saw baron and ziggler, and im out...

Turned it on, saw Otis and Sami, I'm suspiciously intrigued.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

GrimGypsy posted:

this isnt very good

THEN NOW FOREVER

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"...that ham had a family...."

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Man the crowd could not give a solitary gently caress about ‘Shorty G’ ... weird, can’t imagine why

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bloodbath posted:

Man the crowd could not give a solitary gently caress about ‘Shorty G’ ... weird, can’t imagine why

Maybe they're just too wowed by the taller Mustafa Ali, who stands a whopping 2 inches taller than Chad, who is only an inch taller than the average American height.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Did the WWE just do an angle where Ham was offered to a Muslim as a bit? Is that real?

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/zgygla

Revival entrance botch is the best part of Smackdown so far

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chad Gable and Mustafa Ali deserve so much more and so much better.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Did the WWE just do an angle where Ham was offered to a Muslim as a bit? Is that real?

I legit hadn't even considered that :doh:

Sami's objection was that he was vegetarian (vegan?) but you're right, I don't know how devout/strict Sami is but that's an incredibly lovely thing to do regardless.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bloodbath posted:

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/zgygla

Revival entrance botch is the best part of Smackdown so far

Oh my loving God :xd:

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

thank you for fixing my tag!

elias is singing to bayley and has made two jokes about her physical looks(she has a gross face and looks like a dude) and has suggested she wants a threesome with him and sasha

I am so tired

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Elias is supposed to be a face, right?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
That was offensively terrible from Elias. Holy gently caress.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I defend WWE a lot because I enjoy WWE and have a lot of love for it's performers but that was either deeply tone deaf or malicious as hell.

edit: the pork/sami deal, I haven't seen the elias bit but that sounds rancid also.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

What the gently caress just straight up talking about threesomes lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What the loving CHRIST!?! They literally had him sing about having a threesome with Sasha and Bayley? loving SERIOUSLY? Jesus Christ.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

What the loving CHRIST!?! They literally had him sing about having a threesome with Sasha and Bayley? loving SERIOUSLY? Jesus Christ.

Also said Bayley looks like a dude. Transphobic kinda as well.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think Bayley is very pretty.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rhonne posted:

She is, but even if she wasn't WHAT THE gently caress WHY WOULD YOU SING A SONG LIKE THAT!?! Even if he was a heel it would be awful, but he's a loving face!?!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

She is, but even if she wasn't WHAT THE gently caress WHY WOULD YOU SING A SONG LIKE THAT!?! Even if he was a heel it would be awful, but he's a loving face!?!

Vince loves humiliating his independent contractors, that matters far more than heel or face alignment

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

It makes sense when you remember that this is what Vince(and probably Fox executives) think a good guy acts like.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rhonne posted:

Bayley is a hot suburban mom re-finding herself and her own inner power. Her haircut does her no favors tho.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i forgot smackdown was on

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Drew McIntyre posted:

You were better off not remembering.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Drew McIntyre posted:

Gable/Ali vs. Revival was a good match. There was also other stuff on the show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thank God for Otis, the giant loving beautiful weirdo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So they beat up a bunch of his security but he STILL has a bunch of security regardless?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

Because Rock could make material like that work in 1999 and times haven’t changed at all since then

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cole: Corbin won't have that security at ringside for the TLC match with Roman Reigns... I presume?
Graves: He doesn't need them, there's no X-Factor they're needed to deal with.
Cole: There is an X-Factor, I can guarantee Ziggler will be roaming around ringside!

So... why would security not be there but Ziggler is allowed?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Cole: Corbin won't have that security at ringside for the TLC match with Roman Reigns... I presume?
Graves: He doesn't need them, there's no X-Factor they're needed to deal with.
Cole: There is an X-Factor, I can guarantee Ziggler will be roaming around ringside!

So... why would security not be there but Ziggler is allowed?

Ziggler has a managers license, clearly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh cool, a lame ending that helps nobody.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

WWE.txt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

But that was a good pop for Roman at least.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think people are too focused on all the wrestlers being "helped" all the time. Do you ever get helped in real life? no.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I didn't like the two main event matches both being wastes of time with those bad endings, but credit where it is due: there's a clear face/heel dynamic, the crowd was super-hot behind Roman Reigns, Ziggler got thrown off a ladder as a reminder of the stipulations in the TLC match, Corbin ran like a coward the moment he didn't have the numbers advantage, the Revival and New Day got to remind everybody about their upcoming tag match. It's basic stuff but like with the other promotions where I praise it, it is another reminder how doing the simple stuff well works.

Doesn't excuse so much of the awful stuff during the rest of the show, particularly that Elias segment, but they did do this part correctly at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I ... like ... wastes of time with those bad ... stipulations in the ... upcoming ... basic stuff ... like ... doing ... stuff ...

i've edited the post above into a funny deepfake message that sounds completely real by using cut up clips of the real thing!