Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Play with a 7 minute timer and you'll learn to wreck theseus fast. :getin: Once you really know the fight, you should be killing him first or them together, backstabbing him as much as possible and incidentally hitting the mino.

I was stuck around heat 11 for a while, then I pushed to heat 18 with speed gloves. Then I got offered a dirty loving run with an early support fire so I quit out before I got to them to make this happen. Now to wait til 1.0.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Hera's bow is insanely good at rank 1. I really like it with Aphrodite or Dionysus's cast.

The trick is you can load up multiple casts at once and one shot pretty much everything.

It's also great at triggering the damage boon from applying two status effects.

It doesn't need to be upgraded.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Hera's bow is insanely good at rank 1. I really like it with Aphrodite or Dionysus's cast.

The trick is you can load up multiple casts at once and one shot pretty much everything.

It's also great at triggering the damage boon from applying two status effects.

It doesn't need to be upgraded.

That was the one Aspect I looked at the upgrade for and thought "Really? Why would you even need that?" Cause, yeah, you should just be getting your stones back by murdering a thing. Who cares if they stay in for a long time? I feel like it could use a rework, just to have a reason to invest in it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Have you ever tried using it vs Hades?

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Hera used to be my favorite bow aspect but I think it was because I didn't really understand how to build around Chiron (and it seems way easier to get a viable build with Chiron)

Still, if you can get some extra casts, a good cast boon, and top it off with the boons that make stones drop faster and cause damage when they pop out it wrecks bosses. I tend to have more trouble if the boons don't break right though.

wyoak fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 23, 2020

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

No Wave posted:

Have you ever tried using it vs Hades?

Yes, but I'm okay with punching Dad being a little slow. A full build should hopefully have some other damage source on top of it.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I maintain that Hera is the budget bow, Chiron is the expensive one. Level 1 Chiron sucks really hard, level 5 Chiron is literally over twice as effective. Hera starts out effective and...doesn't really get that much better with more blood.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Codeacious posted:

I feel like it could use a rework, just to have a reason to invest in it.

I think it could use a change if only so the upgrades don't anti-synergy the gently caress out of the recharging cast option. I don't actually mind not getting a benefit from upgrading it if I'm using that mirror option (which I literally always do, exclusively) I just wish having upgraded it didn't make it actively worse for my DPS.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Sab Sabbington posted:

I think it could use a change if only so the upgrades don't anti-synergy the gently caress out of the recharging cast option. I don't actually mind not getting a benefit from upgrading it if I'm using that mirror option (which I literally always do, exclusively) I just wish having upgraded it didn't make it actively worse for my DPS.

An alternate version making it super spammable seems only fair

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Random shade talk:

I would give anything for another glimpse of Aphrodite

Cause of death: Dehydration.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I know skull rooms double your rewards for gemstones, darkness, etc, but do skull rooms have an effect on boons?

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Poms: +2 levels instead of +1
Boons: increased rarity (maybe even a rarity floor? Always get a ton of epics)

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

SKULL.GIF posted:

I know skull rooms double your rewards for gemstones, darkness, etc, but do skull rooms have an effect on boons?

They don't even have to be skull rooms; if the icon for the item is kinda sparkly and glittery, it's a boosted/double reward.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Was there a patch released in the past few days? I had to download an update today but don't see any patch notes

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That happens fairly frequently so I assume they're small bug patches with no gameplay changes.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

I accidentally gave ambrosia to the dog. I don't know if that was a mistake or not. I got all the trinkets, not sure what else to do with the leftover nectar keep getting.

I am consistently getting to the last area now, but having issues keeping my run going. I got a decent amount of darkness and all the talents unlocks (so far probably?)

Spear is real good.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I've finally unlocked the last companion (from Achilles and Patroclus), after 175 hours or so. Looking forward to trying it out although the description does not seem promising. I've been trying to vary my setup a little cause I've been running Bouldy with Egg/Egg/Acorn/Spearpoint as my base for so long (with some changes here and there, depending on how the run's going or if I'm looking for a specific boon). Using Skelly's companion now and it trivializes the first two boss fights but is kind of useless later on. Also gave the Lambent Plume a proper go on a no-heat Fists run and that was a fun change of pace, literally. I'm going to run it again now cause I think you need to max it out in order to unlock more hearts with Hermes? Not sure.

Apropos of nothing in particular, elite flame wheels with the gravity pull is :discourse:.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
I am getting to the last boss with 95% success.
Beating him is a coinflip of what adds he summons.

..... I personally think that's bullshit. And dying to him summoning 3 armored archers is not fun.

Hope they change it, otherwise yeah, that's one more strike against the game.

EDIT: Or the mega-gorgon.
Or the armored chariot guys

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dad's phase 1 friends are why I try to grab an anti-armor boon every run if possible.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think it's pretty uncommon to have your run outcome determined by Hades adds. Some are harder than others (the lout and butterfly ball are probably the easiest) but most of them are pretty rough in general.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Sample_text posted:

..... I personally think that's bullshit. And dying to him summoning 3 armored archers is not fun.

If Hades adds something nasty, I just typically bumrush him as all adds are destroyed once you force Phase 2. Broken Spearpoint helps with survival.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've never particularly had trouble with the Hades adds. if it's something particularly nasty I might need to switch to a more defensive playstyle but for the most part it's fine. And as previously mentioned, anything good against normal rooms will be good against hades adds (Anti-armor hammers, Poseidon, Charm from Aphrodite, Demeter).

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Arzaac posted:

I've never particularly had trouble with the Hades adds. if it's something particularly nasty I might need to switch to a more defensive playstyle but for the most part it's fine. And as previously mentioned, anything good against normal rooms will be good against hades adds (Anti-armor hammers, Poseidon, Charm from Aphrodite, Demeter).

Hades Adds become an issue when you're racing against the clock but if you're not just ignore dad, avoid his attacks, and kill them when the pop.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Dietrich posted:

Hades Adds become an issue when you're racing against the clock but if you're not just ignore dad, avoid his attacks, and kill them when the pop.
There are also the times when Hades uses his stealth attack and you can just focus down the adds.

I do think phase 2 is easier than phase 1, but even the bad add patterns shouldn't kill a run that made it through Elysium with 2+ Death's Defiance intact.

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

My biggest issue with the game is the Exalted enemies in Elysium. They have a truckload of health, usually come with armor, are really aggressive, their wisps *also* come with armor, *and* Elysium maps typically have 3-4 spawn waves. gently caress off already.

Rest of the game is pretty fantastic though.

Exactly. Some of the burn-flingers in Asphodel are a bit spongey, but just about everything in Elysium is. And yeah, the armored exalted are just tiresome.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Sample_text posted:

If beating the last boss is a coin flip based on the adds he summons you’re not good enough at the fight yet. And your example is armored archers who it’s hard to even get hit by if you’re paying attention, not even the gorgon or the shield dudes.

Just gotta get better at it, this is really not a strike against the game at all.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 28, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Archers usually shouldn't be a problem because they don't have a lot of HP and by the end of the game you should be able to kill them very quickly.

If your build isn't very strong against multiple weaker targets you should save your call for the add spawns. Well, you should probably do that anyway.

And once you have a companion you can use it on one of the spawns and trivialize it.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
After unlocking all weapons and everything on the mirror, keys are just used for resetting mirror talents and trading to the Wretched Broker, right? Does the cost of resetting talents go up if I do it more than once?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Dr Christmas posted:

After unlocking all weapons and everything on the mirror, keys are just used for resetting mirror talents and trading to the Wretched Broker, right? Does the cost of resetting talents go up if I do it more than once?
The Wretched Broker can offer a 15 keys for 1 Blood trade. Anytime you can convert 100 keys into Ambrosia or Titan Blood. Other than that there is no use for them at the moment.

Resetting cost does not increase.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

50 attempts!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Grats!!!

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 28, 2020

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Sneaky Wombat posted:

50 attempts!

:cabot: <---that feel

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hopefully to be the first of many victories :getin:

So does this have a 1.0 date yet, I'm champing hard at the bit here to start that new file and play the Complete Game

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

So does this have a 1.0 date yet, I'm champing hard at the bit here to start that new file and play the Complete Game

Thanks y'all.

And after some twitter checks and stuff, nope! later half of 2020 still.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Ciaphas posted:

IIRC they mentioned in one of the NoClip docs that they were shooting for August but I could be completely making that up because, despite remembering it very confidently, I have not gone back to check it because gently caress rewatching the like 10 hours of Hades documentaries that NoClip has produced so far just to find that.

ETA: Went and checked after FINALLY getting the last Cerberus lock to pop--you need to pet him like 20-25 times if you're stuck like I was, and any pets prior to the Blood Price update do not count

I have 77 successful runs so far, which actually feels much lower than I expected, but historically I've almost always tried to do Heat levels that were, at the time, outside of my comfort range so I could get better. 18 heat minimum with all weapons besides Bow somehow, though I haven't finished the bounties for up to 18 heat with any of the weapons yet, it's just the lowest Heat I play on now. Rail is still my most won-with weapon because I have like a 90% escape rate when I use Eris, but Sword is catching up now that I usually get a win with Excalibur.

Sab Sabbington fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 29, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The gun is fantastic because it stacks debuffs on every bullet. I love it.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

What are some weapon aspects to shoot for? I am struggling to get the low heat done.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bow: Chiron
Sword: Nemesis (if the secret Excalibur is open you can try that too)
Rail: Hestia (rebind a reload button)
Fists: Zag or Demeter
Spear: ehh... I hate them all
Shield: Chaos

This is just my opinion but these are all pretty intuitive to use and all but Hestia are very easy to activate privileged status. You'll want Chiron/Hestia/Chaos to at the very least be level 3 before bothering but you really want 5 on each of those.

My advice would be to learn what privileged status is if you don't know and make sure you are turning it on with the boons you pick. It's the most important thing in runs with privileged status as the chosen talent.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 29, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I strongly prefer family favorite over privileged status because the damage difference is small in the long run (additive bonuses) and it doesn't influence your boon choice in any way like PS does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

I did the thing!

Had it in the bag the whole time.

Aspect of Zeus + hangover on special is really good.