Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

srulz posted:

So what's the exchange rate on Titan Blood? I accidentally used up a couple testing stuff, and now I can't just max out the base Aegis for max damage reduction RIP. Seems like the only other way to get more is after defeating the final boss, and I can't even get past Theseus at the moment.

In the lounge there's a shop that'll trade you 1 Titan Blood for 1 Ambrosia plus all the other resources too by trading up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Sniper mixed with perfect shot does great for me though granted I still haven't used the Hera aspect yet so the bonus damage might be moot if stacking casts is enough to just crush everything anyway.

Alternatively flurry attack and just play it like a infinite ammo rail and stack on hit effects lol.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

I tried Flurry and the RoF was too slow for my taste :/

Hmm the attack speed seemed pretty good to me though thinking about it I may have had Hermes buffing my attack speed too since I ran that awhile ago and just don't remember

Broken Cog posted:

I had mixed success with the sniper upgrade. "Distant enemies" seems to mean at the very end of your attack range, and it's very hard to consistently hit powershots on those.

I generally dash away from my target till they're like half off screen and start charging and they tend to get in range by the time the power shot is ready unless they're a witch or something that likes to run away.
Also are you using a controller or kb+m? I find that there's a little bit of aim assist with my mouse so it makes it easier to focus on just the timing of the powershot for me.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Destro posted:

So I've finished two runs with the Adamant Rail, and now am stuck with some bad choices in what i put Titan blood into, for the life of me I can't finish a run with anything else and the only time I finished with the rail was the triple bomb. I really wish they would let you respec your Titan's blood out of weapons cause its super annoying that I can't farm anymore without clearing more with other weapons now. Like what are some good combos for the sword even or just about anything I always end up at the end with very poor final boss killing damage and its super frustrating.

How reliably can you get up to the the last area? And can you do it without buying anything from Charon? Because the last shop frequently has Titan Blood for sale at 1500 gold or a diamond for 1000 that you can use to trade up from the broker back home, this way you only need to make it past Elysium and are free to just die to the final boss while still amassing blood without swapping weapons or turning up heat.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

I see so many people recommend focusing on the special or spin attack with the spear and I feel like such a weirdo because I always go on-hit normal stabby stab builds with like Zues or Dionysus plus extending jab from the hammers, one of them was even my first and fastest win :iiam:

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Andrast posted:

I almost never feel like using the spin attack is worth it. Having to be stationary loving sucks.

Yeah I agree with that, I'll only ever use it at the start of a room when things are spawning in and even then I'll usually just forget to do it or use my casts instead, though I did learn recently that you can dash out of a spin attack and it'll keep momentum and spin forward so maybe I'll come around on it down the line but I still doubt that.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

SlyFrog posted:

Do people play this with keyboard and mouse? I really can't imagine playing this for long without a gamepad.

I play with mouse and keyboard and played like 6 hours straight when I first bought it with no problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Yeah mobility is king, whenever Hermes gives me the +3 dash boon I feel invincible and it's just a matter of time till I win even if my damage is lacking.