Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
But we all knew that was going to happen, didn't we?

Chewie might die, too. I'm sure it will be spoiled soon, if not already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
<popular thing> sucks! gently caress <person who made popular thing>!!!!

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
ah, new Star Wars thread ... virgin, unspoilt, beautiful

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

OP, all the star wars movies after empire have sucked, lucy isn't going to stop pulling the football away.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

grown men having feelings about laser sword movie itt

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Shocked that a gbs poster thinks a thing sucks. Such positive people usually.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

tao of lmao posted:

Shocked that a gbs poster thinks a thing sucks. Such positive people usually.

The movie is getting a lot of bad reviews bro

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
hosed up if true, OP.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Probably true.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Putty posted:

Yep and the good ones are pretty bad, too.

The general review is something like: bad movie, but at least it ends.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Star Wars fans been crying since the 1990s it's insane lol like 20 years of nonstop hating poo poo from a single franchise

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

the last one was good since it blew up everything jj abrams set up

but from the spoilers i read it seems like he is basically ignoring the second movie

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Waltzing Along posted:

But we all knew that was going to happen, didn't we?

Chewie might die, too. I'm sure it will be spoiled soon, if not already.

gently caress this loving movie. gently caress.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
movie sucks. so what

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I;m thinking about thos Sheevs.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

The Bananana posted:

gently caress this loving movie. gently caress.

Star Wars? Yeah, Star Bores. This movie's so bad, it makes Count Dooku look dignified; yeah, it's so bad I'd rather eat a Jabba-sized diarrhea smoothie straight from a bantha's bunghole than watch another minute of this lovely piece of gently caress.

-The New York Times

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
palpatine ghost cumd in darth vaders mom right that sounds pretty dope

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
does Watto finally return in this one?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
thank god we finally have a thread in which to discuss this

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So where does the movie stack up with the other movies then OP? They all suck in some way or form.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Learned my lesson about JJ Abrams' franchise endings after Alias. Didn't get burned by Lost, didn't get burned by Into Darkness and I'm not getting burned by this.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Star Wars fans been crying since the 1990s it's insane lol like 20 years of nonstop hating poo poo from a single franchise

See also Simpsons. See also Star Trek.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
iTS A TARP!!!!

LMAO!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Putty posted:

The quality is irrelevant. It cold be the best movie ever and this post would still be made.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So where does the movie stack up with the other movies then OP? They all suck in some way or form.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/franchise/star_wars_saga

It looks like it ranks just ahead of phantom menace. So 10th of the 11 films.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

tao of lmao posted:

The quality is irrelevant. It cold be the best movie ever and this post would still be made.

Not by me. If it was getting rave reviews I would have posted something like, "Wow, the new star wars film is actually good!"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

How does The Last Jedi have 91% on rotten tomatoes, but a 43% audience score? Does Disney just buy review or something? That movie was dogshit bad. One of the only Star Wars movies that was boring, but still managed to repeatedly disappoint me.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

quote:

- Some more confirmation that, yes, Kylo dies after his redemption. Kylo revives Rey. They smile at each other, she says "Ben" and they kiss. Kylo disappears like Luke when he dies. They do not say "I love you."

- Rey is the granddaughter of Grandpapa Palps. Takes the name Rey Skywalker at the end (whole Tatooine scene is true). Rey having BB8 at the end isn't explained. Finn & Poe are alive, but they are not with her in the final scene.

- Leia and Kylo have no scenes together. Rey stabs Kylo during their fight at the same moment Leia dies. Rey cries and heals him after.

- Han is in the movie. Anakin's voice IS in the movie. Hayden voiced Anakin.

- "You can't hide, Rey. Not from me." -line from Kylo.

- "Kylo holds her sweetly when he brings her back to life," and says the force bond is stronger than ever.

- Jannah isn't confirmed to be Lando's daughter. Poe lives. Knights of Ren are hardly in the movie (I'm assuming they only appear in the helmet repair scene and when Rey & Kylo fight them). Doesn't remember KoR having any dialogue.

- " No they don't really fight [Palpatine]. Yes he shoots lightning into the sky"

- Nobody ends up with anyone in a romantic sense at the end of the movie.

- Movie doesn't explain how Palpatine is back. Palpatine created Snoke and there are a couple tanks with Snoke clones in them. Nothing else is explained.

- Kylo's reaction to seeing Rey dead: "Panicked and hurt. It was well acted but still so awkward because of pacing.

- After the redemption, Ben doesn't have any lines. Apparently his character overally doesn't have as many lines in this movie. (Lots of people talking about this part: I doubt he has way less dialogue because he's one of the main characters and has a ton of scenes with Rey.)

- About Reylo moments: " There were honestly moments that could have been so hot if they'd been handled better. They way they talked to each other was kinda 'wink wink' and the force bond was really strong so that was cool"

- Only the force ghosts of Luke & Leia are at the end.

- Leia's last word is "Ben"

- "First [Palpatine] wants Rey to kill him, then when she doesn't, Rey just reflects his lightning back at him until he dies. They don't fight Palps. Ben gets yeeted into the Pit"

- Answering what Palpatine does in the movie (kinda vague): "He does nothing but talk poo poo to Kylo who doesnt listen to him anyway. But Ian's performance was still great."

- "Luke's ghost appeared to catch Rey's saber when she tried to throw it away."

- Hux is RIP. He was revealed as a spy because he basically wanted to tear Kylo down. He helps Finn & Poe escape. Gets killed by Pryde.

- Rey fought Dark Rey, which was a vision, for a little bit then the vision disappeared. This sequence is on the wreckage of the Death Star.

- "The opening scene is actually the Kylo on the red planet scene and it has little added context! He is there to get a way finder to Sith Land, and immediately arrives there and it goes right into the scenes from the Kylo tv spot. That's literally the opening of the movie."

- Rose and Rey didn't speak to each other.

- About the LGBT moment in the movie: " That woman that is close to Leia and Holdo? She kisses a woman in the background at the end."

- Ben says to Rey: "You wanted to take my hand." And Rey responds to the comment later in another scene by saying, "I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand."

- Says it's implied that Finn is going to confess his feelings for Rey (their interpretation), but it doesn't happen. Rey confides in Finn and prefers him over Poe because she doesn't get along with him.

- Han appears to Kylo and they have a very similar conversation as the TFA bridge moment (even some exact dialogue). Ben says "You're just a memory." Han says "Your memory," touches his face. And Ben turns and tosses away his red saber. "Leia used her last strength to reach out to Ben and call his name. He felt it and saw Han afterward. These two interactions cause his turn."

- Why Finn screams "Rey!" in the trailers: " He was just worried about Rey fighting Kylo. He actually falls because Rey force pushes him back, presumably to keep him away from the fight."

- "Ben destroys Reys wayfinder and it pisses her off. He doesn't fight her back too much. Whenever she stops swinging, he stops." There's a moment when they fight where Kylo knocks Rey down and the reason she's able to get the upper hand and stab him is because Leia calls to him through the force and dies. Kylo destroys the wayfinder because "He wants her to use his with him. He says "The only way you are getting there is with me" and crushes hers"

- List of deaths they remember: Boolio, Hux, Pryde, Leia, Ben, Snap Wexley, Rey (temporarily), Palpatine

- "Ben comes to save her from becoming Empress Palpatine (I'm serious) and revives her when killing Palps kills her. Ben never wanted her dead. She instantly regrets stabbing him."

- Palpatine is waiting for Rey to come kill him so all the Sith can inhabit her body. Then he gets rejuvenated by Ben and Rey's combined energies/powers/something like that, and decides to kill them

- There is a flashback scene of Luke training Leia in the Force and lightsaber combat. She even had a saber which Force Ghost Luke gives to Rey. Leia has been training Rey in the Force. Rey can straight up float while also levitating tons of rocks around her.

- KoR gang up on Kylo and are beating him when Rey initiates a force bond and gives him a lightsaber through the bond.

- Lando flies the falcon and bring a bunch of ships to the big fight at the end.

- Kylo and Chewie also have no scenes together.

- "Rey stole Ben's ship on the death star and takes it to Ach-to to hide out there forever like Luke, so she destroys it so she cant leave." "Then she goes to throw her saber into the flames but ghost Luke catches it and then gives her Leia's saber and then lifts the x-wing out of the water. That's how Rey gets off Ach-to"

- During the Pasaana scene after Rey destroys Kylo's first ship: "Ben walks up to Rey to push her into using the dark side to prove she's a Palpatine."

- Palpatine tells Kylo to kill Rey and Kylo basically refuses (he doesn't outright say it though). Kylo is done taking orders.

- In the scene where the voices of the Jedi come to aid Rey, they tell her to rise and that she has all of the power of the Jedi. Anakin's voice is there, so is Ahsoka's. A lot of the dialogue overlaps. Yoda's voice is there. Confirmed Obi-Wan's voice is too. Thinks Mace Windu's voice is in it.

- Force dyad is in the movie. Ben & Rey have a very deep connection.

- How Rey's resurrection and Rey/Kylo kiss happens: "Ben climbs out of the pit, sees fallen Rey from a distance and rushes over as best he can, limping. He gets to her and pulls her into his lap and holds her to his chest, heartbroken. Then he calms himself, leans her back, lays hands, and revives her. When she comes back, she holds his hand, looks into his eyes, smiles huge, calls him Ben, and they have a solid full contact kiss for about 2 seconds? He smiles back. Then he abruptly falls over dead, she touches him, and he vanishes." So he died happy.

- C3PO gets his memory back. He can understand Sith script but is forbidden from translating it so they hack his memory, thus wiping it, and he tells them where to find the wayfinder. Forgets everyone/everything but is restored by R2.

- There is a moment where Chewie mourns Leia

- Implied Finn is force-sensitive.

- Carrie & Billie share a scene together where they talk about Resistance-related stuff.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Waltzing Along posted:

Not by me. If it was getting rave reviews I would have posted something like, "Wow, the new star wars film is actually good!"

I applaud Waltzing Along for their integrity in Journalistic Posting.

They're reporting just the facts, folks.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

gently caress it's not a trilogy.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Damo posted:

palpatine ghost cumd in darth vaders mom right that sounds pretty dope

So did she still technically give virgin birth or what?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

quote:

- There is a moment where Chewie mourns Leia

Misread this as mounts.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Kylo Ren is the biggest whiney baby bitch villain I've ever seen in a big budget movie.

Also the new Star Wars movie will definitely suck balls.

Gnarly Sheen
Jun 25, 2015

I'm ITT

givepatajob posted:

<popular thing> sucks! gently caress <person who made popular thing>!!!!

Mmmmmyes that’s more like it

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

There is a flashback scene of Luke training Leia in the Force and lightsaber combat. She even had a saber which Force Ghost Luke gives to Rey. Leia has been training Rey in the Force. Rey can straight up float while also levitating tons of rocks around her.

Oh yeah this is definitely the kind of thing that should occur entirely offscreen between films. Just allude to it after the fact via flashback. Great trilogy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
*offscreen: Luke pilots his X-Wing and successfully launches the torpedo into the hole using the Force*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The idea of lightsaber training is stupid. It's a magic weightless stick that cuts through everything, just flail around with it willy nilly and youll be the greatest warrior in your generation.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mozi posted:

*offscreen: Luke pilots his X-Wing and successfully launches the torpedo into the hole using the Force*

lol

Now I'm imagining Episode 4 ending as the rebel fighters approach the Death Star. Episode 5 opens with the medal ceremony, during which Luke has flashbacks of destroying the Death Star.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Get out of GBS, Rian Johnson.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Whatever I will still enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Ground Endor