Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
A pair of chopsticks that have little vacuums in them to hold the food on them making it look like I can use I mean, like someone can use them the right way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
A pair of shoes with wheels in them that autopilot me to my destination, like the kitchen- in front of the fridge, for example like what those cars have.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I beseech you to help me make this childhood fantasy bullshit actually work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdXDEerEyY8

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Okay but how do we make that work on a 2013 kia soul?
Asking for a me.

More parts...

And a longer video

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Let's imagine for a minute I have a literal unlimited budget.

If I did, this is what I would propose. My suggestion involves building a wide, deep river from the ocean deep into a desert, where the river ends at a dam where the water dumps into a huge flood plain that the sea water falls into. The dam generates electricity, and the sun bakes the water into vapor that rains all over the rest of wherever the floodplain is around, and wherever the air currents will carry it.

There are several deserts throughout the world, the US included.

The bigger the floodplain and the hotter the desert, the more water that will flow from the ocean and generate electricity and evaporate into the air and rain somewhere else, depending on prevailing winds, etc.

Used strategically, this would and could solve much of the world's energy and water needs, and make new transportation links where they don't currently exist.

Add a filtration system to the inlet of the system and you could trap microplastics and macroplastics out of the ocean .

You could also have a hydroelectric dam at the inlet of the system, to increase power generation opportunities.

This system, if used globally and extensively could also counteract global warming and decrease ocean levels to counter climate change by giving increasing sea levels a place to rise into (the river system and flood plain, and ultimately, the atmosphere). Cooling off the deserts with sea water could decrease the overall surface temperature across the globe if used extensively by reducing desert hot spot temperatures annually.

There is profit in this.

The profit is a future for our species.

The expense is high, but not unattainable- and it could pay for itself over time in water usage, transportation, and most of all, electrical power generation.

It would also demand a need for global labor, so wages would be available- if paid fairly, many would benefit.

Drawbacks could be an increase in salt buildups, disruption in some ocean currents and fish migrations, introduction of invasive species, and of course destruction of the desert's natural habitat, to name some.

The benefits could be priceless, especially if crops could be grown where they currently cannot, and the other climate change negatives could be balanced out, if used globally.