Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Looks at video of UFOs provided by Navy.

"Doesn't look like anything to me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

is pepsi ok posted:

If your species manages to solve all its problems what else is there to do in life than find as many weird buttholes as you can and poke things into them?

"To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before - straight into new and exotic buttholes!"

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Aliens have been fighting a war with us for hundreds of years. But they simply don't understand how to kill us as the only thing that can kill them is a probe to the rear end

I often wonder if an alien civilization capable of doing the work necessary for interstellar travel would be hyper-literal and incapable of lying and creating fiction.

Like, aliens are just watching us baffled by... everything. The way we make up stories. The way we lie and deceive one another. They're just looking down and whether it's Harry Potter, Star Wars, or religion and politics they're just like, "Why are they saying that? Why are they doing that? That isn't real, I don't understand why they put so much time and effort into these things that are false."

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

OMFG FURRY posted:

Blindsight was cool about that idea, like how archeologists try to put together how past people lived by sorting through ancient trash. there are space nerds trying unscramble our signals and constructing an image of humanity through the lens of Baywatch and The Price is Right

Baywatch and Price is Right wouldn't give the most inaccurate synopsis of us. Imagine if instead they got Inception and The Cell.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pickwick High posted:

We are all living in a computer simulated reality so any anomalies are just parts of the programming

I wish, but if this were true, then why diarrhea? Why hemorrhoids? Why anal fissures? Why butts at all?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The classic question from aliens to humans:

"Why are your genitals so close to your anus?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Icochet posted:

Is he still wearing the spock ears in the mugshot? Redhanded as gently caress

I regret to inform you it's fake. World News Daily.