Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Oldstench posted:

Sorry to disappoint you but we have not been visited by aliens. If a species becomes self-aware enough to form a civilization and technologically advanced enough to create weapons, that species will kill itself. The universe is likely full to brim of dead or dying civilizations. The universe is likely filled with life that will never meet each other so we might as well admit we're effectively alone, our lives are ultimately pointless, and we will snuff out just like all the others that came before and it doesn't matter.

Boring! What's it like having a depressed and uncreative mind? Don't answer that, I don't want to know.

When did nerds / atheists become such mopey debbie downers without a shred of optimism or wonder to illuminate their angry little existences? Imagine going through life not believing in anything because it might make you feel good and motivated to strive for more than your current lot, and actually choosing instead to be a dusty fart in the wind with no hope for yourself and nothing to contribute to society beyond your boring rear end glum self. See a therapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

"the cosmos are populated only by the dead husks of a million civilizations too ignorant to survive, so says I"

*Carl Sagan puts me in a dragon sleeper while Stephen Hawking rolls over my worthless posting fingers*

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

teardrop posted:

If it’s bullshit, it’s incredibly well-organized bullshit compared to the usual constant leaks.

Unknown technologies don’t need to behave the same way as jet propelled aircraft. Maybe it can shove off of the Earth’s magnetic poles or something crazy that lets it stop on a dime and move like that.

The ufos we see "breaking" the laws of physics are just moving around in four dimensions which appears impossible to our puny linear-time calibrated brains

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

If aliens existed and they did talk to our greedy amoral leaders there'd be no reason to share that knowledge with the general public since it would be an irreversibly humbling admission on the part of those in charge, who benefit from their own constructed authority

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Another explanation for that area 51 dude, and a number of conspiracy theories generally, is that it's easier to toss out bonkers theories to discredit the plausible and real conspiracies. Easier than silencing the true ones wholesale

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The entire thing hinges on the credibility of the US navy. I say they have none and in 50 years were gonna find out they spend $100 million dollars in some dumbass attempt to get more funding.

The US military isn't hurting for funds nor do they need to beg for more funding

Even by internet skeptic standards you're not very good at this

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

lmao yeah no you're right the US military and subsidiaries don't lobby for more money all the time

They're responsible organizations that realize that they have enough to to the job they're tasked with and are happy with that.

They just ask for more money and get it.

"Secret Government Fundraiser Hoax Video" is a new explanation for the videos I've never heard before, I'll give you that

Edit: sometimes they don't even ask they just get more

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Pontificating rear end posted:

Post itt if you are schizophrenic and know there is a conspiracy but you dont know what the conspiracy is

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Something being identified as a ufo means it's alien in origin, without a doubt. Don't like it? Take it up with scientists

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Okay. I'm not, like, the union rep of skeptics. Where did those other objects in formation go?

Forward, maybe backward, maybe laterally

IN TIME

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

The cigar ufo's(read: alien ship) shape makes more sense once you realize they're a fixed point in third dimension space/ a transitory point in fourth dimension time, the same way a dot in the first dimension forms a line in the second dimension

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Who What Now posted:

You can still have dots in the second dimension. Checkmate, alienailures.

A 2d dot is a circle

2D checkmate

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

UFOs are aliens

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I read Arthur C Clarke's Childhood's End again not too long ago, aliens are good and real and our friends

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Siljmonster posted:

I've seen 2 UFOs in my life

But I took a lot of drugs a few times and met the aliens

I went camping with some buds to go see the Brown Mountain lights in NC but we all fell asleep before we could see anything.

The aliens probably put something in our beers

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Who What Now posted:

I believe the Navy pilots saw UFOs but I know for a fact that it wasn't aliens

Fact: It was highly evolved us from the future

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

J Rod is not only real he totally sucks rear end at any and every card game! guess your telepathy can't read a bluff you almond eyed schmuck! Pay me my money

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Thread update: UFOs are alien spacecraft

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

Earth is like Thailand for lonely alien creeps.
Hence all the probing.

:lol:

"Yea I'm taking a quarter off and going on vacation to, uhh, Earth."

"Woah, ew, what?! The primate planet? What the gently caress dude."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

soy posted:

There’s probably billions of lovely planets with civilizations roughly at our current level. Interconnected species probably have some space Wikipedia and the entry for earth is probably about as interesting as some midwest cow town. Cow towns still get a few tourists though.

"Don't shame me dude! Earth assholes are super tight and internally situated"