Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They're good boys with messed up art of them.

That said, I don't recall many of the yaoi being worse than just hugs. Is this a case of the UK getting a more censored version again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Elfface posted:

They're good boys with messed up art of them.

That said, I don't recall many of the yaoi being worse than just hugs. Is this a case of the UK getting a more censored version again?

Maybe? I'm US but I don't 'member anything that wildly offensive. Then again, I only played the main quest when the game came out and only did the DLC when this thread started.

EDIT: Took a quick look and yeah there are a handful that skew toward the skivvy side but far less then the 90% DN said. More like 30% ish. 11 out of the 40 I would not post myself.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 9, 2020

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
i wanted to be super craig more than i wanted to be my own character.

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
Super Craig is pretty good, but I generally sidelined him after getting. . .well, I'll talk about it when the time is right.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!

Utgardaloki posted:

i wanted to be super craig more than i wanted to be my own character.

Yeah, if I had to be an LBTGQ superhero, he’d be who I’d pick too. My favorite South Park personality is still General Disarray though. :)

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

(click for update)

Don't read this until after you've read the update!

Vote time! I'm gonna record sometime on the 15th, so you have 48 hours from the time this is posted to decide what the New Kid's Sex/Gender, Kryptonite and Alignment all are! Bold your votes below. Top three answers is what we're going with.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Cis I'd rather not hear SP's takes on trans issues
Old people
Neutral I guess

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

Cis I'd rather not hear SP's takes on trans issues
Old people
Neutral I guess

Cis what? Male? Female? :v: Gotta specify!

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

DoubleNegative posted:

I don't think this has a gameplay change for the positive or negative. So just pick whatever.

I'm pretty sure you take more damage from your chosen Kryptonite enemy

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Cis Female
Neutral
Crab People

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
Cis Male
Neutral
Vampires

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Rahonavis posted:

Cis Female
Neutral
Crab People

Seconding this. Our farts are a force to be unleased when they demand, not at the whims of law or chaos. But crabs have no noses! And nobody suspects girl farts.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

mateo360 posted:

I'm pretty sure you take more damage from your chosen Kryptonite enemy

This is basically the only one that matters yeah, I think it also makes you more likely to suffer from status effects applied by your kryptonite.

The other two change some dialogue but nothing else.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
So our first serious combat in the game is over an hour in and level fifteen. That’s pretty typical for today’s RPGs I guess.

Fitting that combat always be brutal and serious in South Park.

If you get Cartman’s character sheet, interestingly enough, he’s got “none” in his Kryptonite slot.

Again, thx for the outfit show off. Dr Evil is happy. :D Also I’m cool with pronoun he if you like since I’m cis male IRL. My biology kinda forced the issue. That’s all I’ll say about that.

Votes-
Cis Female.
Chaotic.
Kryptonite- Ninjas.

The first because it may spark some funny lines about how you were locked into Cis Male last game, the second because it’s how we’ll play anyway. The third because surely we’ll never encounter any Ninjas in this quiet little mountain town that is completely unlike the quiet little mountain towns in Japan most real life Ninjas hail from. If possible let’s add the caveat that the fewer the number of Ninjas attacking us, the more severe our reaction is. That’ll make it extra insidious and explains the usual cliche of ten Ninjas being easy to defeat while 1-3 is serious trouble.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I don't care about the other stuff but we're absolutely Chaotic.

Merrygate
Aug 10, 2019

You take these risky jobs too, huh?
Trans Male
Neutral
Raisins Girls
Butthole is an ex-Raisin, got fired for being a tomboy and they don't take too kindly to that. Now they're just trying to fit in with the fellas and play superhero games. Kryptonite choice is fairly significant for Butthole, but it doesn't apply to allies. It's a noticeable difference in damage taken and damage dealt to whatever's specified.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'd like to know what choices are under other.

As for the others, I assume Chaotic alignment implies that we won't always stay on Cartman's side and we can side with other people.

Let's make our weakness Sixth Graders. As the first major enemy group, I'm sure they're the weakest and probably won't scale as much as the other groups.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Cis Female, Chaotic, Raisin Girls

Diabolical Mode is hardest during that 6th grader battle, to be honest. Otherwise, you just have to be liberal with item usage. Not that hard considering money and crafting items are everywhere in this game (although money is more limited if you're black).

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 13, 2020

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'd like to know what choices are under other.

As for the others, I assume Chaotic alignment implies that we won't always stay on Cartman's side and we can side with other people.

Let's make our weakness Sixth Graders. As the first major enemy group, I'm sure they're the weakest and probably won't scale as much as the other groups.

South Park Game Wiki posted:

When you first visit Mr. Mackey, you have the choice between Male, Female or Other for Gender. If Male or Female are selected you then get the additional choice of being Cisgender or Transgender.

On the second visit with Mr. Mackey, there are many more possible Genders. In addition to still being able to be a Cisgender or Transgender Male or Female, the Other option will be removed and expanded with additional choices, which includes:

Agender
Gender Fluid
Genderless
Aliagender
Androgyne
Androgynous
Aporagender
Bi-Gender
Demiflux
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderflux
Genderpunk
Genderqueer
Intersex
Mixed Gender
Neutrois
Non-Binary
Non-Binary Butch
Non-Binary Femme
Pangendered
Polygender
Transmasculine
Transsexual
Trigender
Two-Spirit
Demiboy
Demigirl
Demi Non-Binary

I misread that earlier, but these are the eventual choices if you select other. It's... surprisingly detailed given the source.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I had to google some of those terms due to unfamiliarity, but surprisingly all of them seem to be serious. :psyduck: I'll admit, did not expect that from a South Park game.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.

DoubleNegative posted:

I misread that earlier, but these are the eventual choices if you select other. It's... surprisingly detailed given the source.

It's their way of poking fun at identity politics, and how some people apparently get really upset if you aren't using exactly the right term.

As for the votes:

Cis Female
Chaotic
Old People

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

NeverHelm posted:

Cis Female
Chaotic
Old People

:emptyquote:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Yapping Eevee posted:

I had to google some of those terms due to unfamiliarity, but surprisingly all of them seem to be serious. :psyduck: I'll admit, did not expect that from a South Park game.

You gotta remember what sort of personality now runs the South Park Elementary School. You might not know of the existence and definition of all these terms. You might have trouble believing people believe they are some of them and their bodies support the idea enough to strengthen the belief. You may question the need for all these terms and wonder why people can’t just apply the genius of Keep It Simple Stupid to gender identity and by God, leave it at that! But PC Principal does know just about all the terms, he believes one has to respect them, and for whatever reason he doesn’t agree with the KISS principle when it comes to this issue. It’s his school now and Mackey follows the Principal’s lead, m’kay? Whether PC is the kind of person who should be in charge of child education is something South Park wants you to consider- or maybe they just want to poke fun at the idea.

That’s all I have to say about that.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I just want ro be Genderpunk

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Cis Female
Chaotic
Old People

Really want to vote Crab People(as they look like crab, talk like people), but I like that trio of choices better.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I am profoundly disappointed we dont get porpoise as a gender option.

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

Cis Female
Chaotic
Old People

Really want to vote Crab People(as they look like crab, talk like people), but I like that trio of choices better.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
There are stranger gender choices out there...

(It's useful being able to filter miniatures by various types, but why they called the category that and not just 'body type' or something...)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rahonavis posted:

Cis Female
Neutral
Crab People

Also seconding this.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

26 hours into the voting process, and I'm going to post the standings as they currently are:

Cis Male: I
Cis Female: IIIII IIII
Trans Male: I
Trans Female:
Other: II

Lawful:
Neutral: IIIII I
Chaotic: IIIII III

6th Graders: I
Raisins Girls: II
Ninjas: I
Old People: IIIII
Crab People: III
Vampires: I

Playing as a cis girl is so far ahead of the rest that I'm almost ready to lock it in. But the other races are pretty close! Also I find it humorous how nobody thinks Douchebag is remotely Lawful. :v:

EDIT: Also some mechanics talk. Gonna spoiler it, but don't be afraid to mouse over it if you're curious. This could help sway votes.

As far as Kryptonite goes, it's a more subtle difficulty slider. My first time through, I selected Old People, so I never saw the way Kryptonite works outside of like... two battles. The most common enemy types in the game are 6th Graders, Ninjas, and Raisins Girls. Crab People are uncommon but start showing up on the overworld after a couple days. Old People only show up once in the entire game, and Vampires are a DLC-only enemy.

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 14, 2020

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Look, it's a simple fact that basically nobody in South Park is Lawful, at least not the way this game expects you to think it. They might be good, but they're not lawful unless it's obstinate lawful evil.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

There were no more votes after the check in yesterday, so congrats to Douchebag the cis female, chaotic blaster whose weakness is senior citizens. :confuoot:

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
You gonna shift toward dressing as a girl to fully embrace Douchebag's Cis Female nature?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

You gonna shift toward dressing as a girl to fully embrace Douchebag's Cis Female nature?

Tomboy girls have been dressing like guys for centuries, it's a perfectly fine way to dress IMO. And far more practical in some ways than a lot of feminine fashions out there (thinking mostly of pocketless garments and uncomfortable shoes).

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary

achtungnight posted:

Tomboy girls have been dressing like guys for centuries, it's a perfectly fine way to dress IMO. And far more practical in some ways than a lot of feminine fashions out there (thinking mostly of pocketless garments and uncomfortable shoes).

None of that matters to me. You can't make Douchebag a girl in Stick of Truth, and I've never seen this game played with an extremely feminine Douchebag, so I was wondering.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
On the other hand, some of the coolest costumes in Stick of Truth were the female ones. Valkyrie Armor, Fairy Princess, DN already mentioned the Witch outfit. I don't know all the costumes that are available in this game. I guess we'll see what DN thinks looks the best.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

If you play as a girl character and don't embrace maximum "Wei Shen is totally a cop" with your outfits then what are you even doing? The boys are completely clueless so it gets to be about that silly too! :v:

Now back to working on the update!

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
The gender options are surprisingly detailed in this game. FWIW I think Matt and Trey's views have probably...improved...since the worst of the "both sides" and libertarian days. I don't remember this game as much as the first so maybe I'm just off base by a bunch.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Issue #007 - Respect Her Authoritah! The Amazing Butthole, Junior Detective!

(click for update)

Warning now: this update deals with some heavy topics. So be aware and junk.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Disturbing to see so many negatives in the local cops & clergy. I suppose being black locks you out of all the cop side quests, or do they assume you’re a race traitor? Surprising you can’t pick cops or rednecks as your Kryptonite if they’re such prominent enemies in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Being controversial is kinda South Park's thing. You could argue that they go too far sometimes, but I think it's good that they exist - humor is a good way to put the spotlight on controversial issues.

Being black does several things in this game, most of which are spoilers. The police attacks are by far the most obvious. I think fighting them is one of the challenges too, though there is a way to fight them if you didn't go African in character creation. I think that you get less money, but it's been a while.