Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Caidin posted:

If you can put out sonic 2006 and somehow still have a franchise that I think is worth celebrating.

It's fine, the game deletes its own plot anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

OhFunny posted:

Is this the correct way? I've always read "Sith" the same as the "Sith" in Star Wars. I figured it was a reference since SE loves its Star Wars references.

It's a reference to a creature from Celtic mythology which is pronounced that way iirc
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_s%C3%ACth?wprov=sfla1

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

precision posted:

A dev was quoted as saying Loveless was a reference. Sister Ray is such a weird name and such an iconic song I dunno how it isn't. The musician Dio is literally the only person I've ever heard of with that name. Gainsborough would be a stretch if not for all the other ones. And "Lucretia My Reflection" is an extremely well known goth song

:shrug:

They're joking, Jojo characters are frequently named after real-life musicians/bands (and of those, only Dio is a Jojo character, named after the musician). Hell, there's a guy early on named Robert E. O. Speedwagon :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That's impressive haha :negative:

Yea this isn't true at all. The full games are on the disk, but they need to install to the HDD. This is necessary since blu ray disks have huge capacities, the drive read speed is quite slow.

Also because blu ray disks have huge capacities, game devs have just put full uncompressed video/audio onto there because hey who cares about hard drive space

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

DO IT TO IT posted:

People who went to the recent preview event have said that every weapon has a skill tree and is upgradable/usable throughout the entire game.

Finally, nailbat forever

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SettingSun posted:

Bad news about the PT fight in XIV, then. Story goes that the devs had little idea that the meme was so popular. The fight is still really interesting though.

Iirc suplexing the train isn't as much of a meme within Japan

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Hell yeah, also I think it was in other screenshots as well, but in this one you can see that Cloud has what looks like an All materia paired with probably the Fire materia, so the materia linking is in too!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Remake FF3 but make it grindier.

they already did on the DS

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
XIII got two sequels because that was during the time when the majority of the company was focused on fixing FFXIV 1.0 and turning it into ARR, afaik XIII-2 and LR were the only console releases then (and were mostly reusing assets from XIII), everything else SE made was on 3DS/Vita and was made by smaller teams.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

RatHat posted:

While watching other people play the game I only just learned that after each of the story Corneo's Colosseum matches the losers are in the other room and you can talk to them for some extra dialogue.

Pro Wrestling sections in games--like this and the Glitzville chapter of Thousand Year Door, are always so, so good for stuff like this. The two announcers in FFVIIR were fantastic, especially during the Hell House fight

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Square Enix game has a thing someone doesn't like: this must be nomura's doing, literally nobody else works at this company

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Nail Rat posted:

I'm in the middle of the boss gauntlet in chapter 17 and I haven't really figured out blocking yet. I'm just rolling like it's bloodborne.

I've been fine so far but I don't think hard mode will go well for me.

Blocking is mostly for ranged attacks since they can't be dodged, some melee attacks you can dodge with the right timing but you don't have iframes so you have to actually dodge the attack not just be in a dodge roll

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Pollyanna posted:

A lot of FF7 fans are insane.

Pretty sure a lot of them haven't played FF7 either :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

fridge corn posted:

When you assess rufus all it tells you is to make use of a "certain attack" when he is vulnerable

Yeah and the only attack you're guaranteed to have access to as Cloud is Braver (and the Focused attack)

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

MythLisp posted:

Kingdom Hearts III was just disappointing really, enough for me to say that I'm done with the series.

Dropping plot points was a constant issue - I didn't get why they just forgot about the saving the worlds they were visiting by sealing off the keyholes (besides 1?) then having all of the plot in the final world.

Overall it just seemed like an incohesive mess that actually made me worry at how FFVII-R would turn out - but I was actually pleasantly surprised on that front. It made me believe Square-Enix could make good FF games again after I mentally checked out after the stumbling of XII, XIII and XIII-2.

Part of it was that Disney started getting very rules-y with what they were and weren't allowed to do in the Disney worlds, especially noticeable with how Frozen's world doesn't let you interact with the plot at all, while Toy Story and Monster's Inc (Pixar) kinda just let them invent entirely new stories and were much much better for it.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I liked Hell House much more on replays where I knew what to expect. If you go in with a bad loadout it's possible to make that battle extremely not fun to win

If you go in with a bad loadout (to any fight) you can restart to right before the fight from the pause menu, I'm pretty sure

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Lucas Archer posted:

The worst thing about FF7R is Johnny and all the times you're forced to interact with Johnny and pretty much any time Johnny is speaking.

every time I see people talking about FF7R on these dead comedy forums I discover a new thing someone Absolutely Hates that I thought was hilarious

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

LadyPictureShow posted:

Are we supposed to know who the guy at the end of the trailer is, or is he new?

I'll put in spoiler bars if you haven't seen it yet.

that's WEISS THE IMMACULATE one of the awful villains from Dirge of Cerberus iirc

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

ulvir posted:

it’s the odd cognitive dissonance of on the one hand feeling like you should be the target audience for this, having played the original as a teen in 1997, and the writing making it apparent that, no, it’s the teens of today that’s the real target audience

the gameplay is fun at least, and Barret is true to character in a big way

You not liking the writing doesn't mean it wasn't written for people who played the original, don't be weird about it

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

HD DAD posted:

All I think of is that one pic of Yoshi-P at a press conference or something just laying on the floor next to a can of Monster lol

I think they take a similar picture every time they're done working on a new expansion, of Yoship being collapsed on the floor of the office

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm not sure if Epic was ready for this because their store website appears to be falling apart.

no that's just how it is

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Thankfully you can already find mods to have Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith in dresses for the whole game, so it's good to see the modding community has their priorities straight

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Zil posted:

Go to sleep moola, you're drunk.

[tiny angel kronk voice] no, no, he's got a point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SlimGoodbody posted:

This mod lets you change the hair and eye color for the Cloud, Tifa, and Aeris, and it evokes strange, bad feelings in me to look at the example pictures. They don't even look bad, it's just deeply unnatural feeling, like your dad walking into your room, but suddenly he has someone else's face.

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/104?tab=images

giving cloud lightning's hair color and aerith terra's green hair is pretty funny though

also this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/83

that, as far as I can tell, replaces every single one of Aerith's weapon models with that one folding chair