Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

win32 will remain the most popular and performant api throughout the entire decade even after windows has fully transitioned into a linux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
there will be a mac mini refresh and ill buy it

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
yospos keeps loving puters and cumming in them

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you will need to use a vpn inside your home network to protect your private data from iot devices.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Management posted:

you will need to use a vpn inside your home network to protect your private data from iot devices.

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

The Management posted:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

The Management posted:

lol

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

10+ yosposters will succumb to age and obesity related diseases

throw in alcohol and we're 10% there!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The Management posted:

lol if you aren't already doing this

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

UltraRed posted:

throw in alcohol and we're 10% there!

wait have we had someone drink themselves to death?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

The Management posted:

big, gigantic lols if you allow internet of trash devices on your network.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

big, gigantic lols if you allow internet of trash devices on your network.

joint nsa/amazon-sponsored legislation will mandate all appliances must be iot enabled

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
All my food will be in pill form

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

All my food will be in suppository form

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
everyone will be wearing AR headsets all of the time

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i hope that everyone starts dressing in neo-renaissance like they do in the new deus ex games

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sagebrush posted:

i hope that everyone starts dressing in neo-renaissance like they do in the new deus ex games

no kickass tall boots for dudes, request denied

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
the next decade will be called Y2K20

fingers-crossed

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

i bite my thumb drive at you, goon sir

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Sagebrush posted:

getting a real harkonnen vibe from that last one

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

a new kind of digital camera wherein the sensor is also a little solar panel so that whenever u take a picture it also charges up the battery 1:1.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i can't believe after 20 years of "the, uh, naughts? the turn of the century? the 2000s? the teens? the 10s?" we're finally gonna have a decade that we have a fuckin name for

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
governments and companies will defer more and more decisions to lovely ML models which will be impossible to appeal or get overturned since anything said by a computer will be heralded as the irrefutable truth bc ~math~

also since we were at the nineties revival last decade during this decade we will see 00's revival
i don't remember anything specific about the 00s tho except everything was made of blue translucent plastic

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Zlodo posted:

also since we were at the nineties revival last decade during this decade we will see 00's revival

well maybe someone will make a vertical slider format phone running webos

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
IBM pivots RedHat into creating OS/3

A zillion startups are culled as investors realize what a grift it usually is

Jack Dorsey funds a successful but surreptitious brain transplant to escape prosecution for enabling genocide

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zlodo posted:

governments and companies will defer more and more decisions to lovely ML models which will be impossible to appeal or get overturned since anything said by a computer will be heralded as the irrefutable truth bc ~math~

i don't remember anything specific about the 00s tho except everything was made of blue translucent plastic

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

why doesn’t Ryan Phillip act in movies anymore

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Zlodo posted:

https://twitter.com/charmedoutfits?lang=en

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

everyone ditches multicore 64 bit processors for ants with numbers painted on them

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i think there will be more exoskeletons

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

also the exoskeletons will kill people in incredibly painful ways due to software bugs but they'll mostly be used in warehouses and factories so people will praise the job creators who gave them the opportunity to give their lives for number go up

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i predict that my exoskeleton will kill me by making me go through biophysically impossible motions, like bending over to touch my toes

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
tesla releases a car that is meant for people to live in when they can't afford a house or apartment. it's just a regular car but the driver seat folds flat. and you get 1 free year of on-street parking without hassle from the cops.

5g is so fast we just need display mirroring and a $20/month subscription to a cloud computer. cell phones and laptops can just be dumb and slow as hell for that reason.

President Beep posted:

i predict that my exoskeleton will kill me by making me go through biophysically impossible motions, like bending over to touch my toes

sexy exo skeletans become a thing. they help you do the dirty. sex swing 2.0 if you will.

French Canadian fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 1, 2020

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

new zybourn clock art direction lookin alright

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

French Canadian posted:

sexy exo skeletans become a thing. they help you do the dirty. sex swing 2.0 if you will.

sexoskeletons

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Bustin' Dynamics

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
2020 prediction: an IoT botnet so enormous it eclipses you're are mother's rear end

2020 hope: someone kitbashes slack/discord/bittorrent together into a new decentralized end to end encrypted chat protocol and it makes everyone who tries to make money off it very angry

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Jonny 290 posted:

Bustin' Dynamics

Assimo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

Bustin' Dynamics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the sperminator