Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I always felt like the Superman 1978 title sequence was weird, music and visuals

It always felt out of place to me knowing that Star Wars had come out the year before and it felt like studio pressure to produce something similar or something. I dunno, just the instrumentation and the music always felt a little too close to Star Wars to my ear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ur ears are dumb

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Taintrunner posted:

Red Letter Media 2021: The Stream of Endless Trash

Seconded

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

AHH F/UGH posted:

I always felt like the Superman 1978 title sequence was weird, music and visuals

It always felt out of place to me knowing that Star Wars had come out the year before and it felt like studio pressure to produce something similar or something. I dunno, just the instrumentation and the music always felt a little too close to Star Wars to my ear

They had the same composer. You absolute moron.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

KakerMix posted:

My wife hadn't ever seen Trains, Planes and Automobiles OR Uncle Buck. We watched them over two nights and you know, they are super good. Trains, Planes and Automobiles is even rated R, did you know that? An R-rated comedy. We didn't know until the car rental scene where Steve Martin drops like 20 'fucks'.

Classic movie.

I bring this up because god is dead:

:negative:

They already remade it as “Due Date” with Zack galifnakis and Robert downy jr

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

AHH F/UGH posted:

That’s John Williams style. Go listen to the themes he did for the Irwin Allen sci-fi tv shows and it’s all the same kinda stuff.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I finally saw The Guest. It was a good time, I enjoyed it. The soundtrack was great too, it was like Joy Division but not boring and lovely and without the mr. bean singing.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Do you think John Williams has groupies?

I'd be one

He gets a lot of poo poo for being lazy and reusing music but he’s earned the right to be lazy, he’s written some fantastic stuff. One of the all timers imho.

Edit: nuclear take i'm sure

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 1, 2021

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

sweet geek swag posted:

They had the same composer. You absolute moron.

I know that ya dummy, I'm an SA Goon. You think a neckbeard like me in the RLM thread wouldn't know that? That's the point. Was John Williams so locked into that orchestral style or was it studio pressure to give them another horn fanfare with flying space titles? That's all I'm saying you JERK!!

Jose Oquendo posted:

That’s John Williams style. Go listen to the themes he did for the Irwin Allen sci-fi tv shows and it’s all the same kinda stuff.

Schindler's List's score still slaps rear end in the sadest way

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
You'd think we'd all come together in these trying times but goons gotta always be keeping score.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

AHH F/UGH posted:

Schindler's List's score still slaps rear end in the sadest way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPRkZxlBAqI

Song always manages to crush me.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

if you don't get at least a little bit of a hot face and a runny nose when they hit that last high 6th note when there's that far off shot of Liam Neeson alone in front of the grave, you're probably a robot

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Schindler's List is the one movie that's guaranteed to make me cry every time I watch it.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Isn't that run because of practical effects? Like you get on a long piece of rubberized mat that is dragged behind a vehicle at 50mph, then the actor runs along the mat so it looks like they're running 50mph.

That would have looked a lot better. From that WW scene, it looks like they put her in a harness, suspended her right above the ground, and told her to run in the air as fast as she could. Then they composited it in later. Like, her feet aren't even touching the ground but it's obscured on purpose by stuff passing in front of the camera.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

ProperCoochie posted:

I finally saw The Guest. It was a good time, I enjoyed it. The soundtrack was great too, it was like Joy Division but not boring and lovely and without the mr. bean singing.

:wtf:

This dude just said Clan of Xymox is better than Joy Division! :lol:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Lister posted:

That would have looked a lot better. From that WW scene, it looks like they put her in a harness, suspended her right above the ground, and told her to run in the air as fast as she could. Then they composited it in later. Like, her feet aren't even touching the ground but it's obscured on purpose by stuff passing in front of the camera.

I'm the CG injuries that don't track with her skin properly.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I'm watching the latest Discovery episode and they do the exact same "We're under attack! Let us in!" scam as they do in the Mando finale except this is the bad guys getting into the good guy base instead of vice versa.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How come schindler didn't punch any Nazis. He should have got the people in his factory to manufacture a mech so he could fight Nazis. Then he could join the mcu. That would be loving epic!!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Klowner posted:

How come schindler didn't punch any Nazis. He should have got the people in his factory to manufacture a mech so he could fight Nazis. Then he could join the mcu. That would be loving epic!!!

I could've punched two more!!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Happy New Year thread (in a few hours)

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

mallratcal posted:

Lol this hits too close to home for me. As I sit here alone in quarantine.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mallratcal posted:

Not even close. The Christopher Reeve movies were miles better. Snyder simply does not get Superman.

Reeves superman sucks, I'll say it.

Snyder Superman is the best there is or was. I guarantee you I fuckin know more about Superman than you.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

John Wick of Dogs posted:

superman sucks, I'll say it.

:hmmyes:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

ProperCoochie posted:

The soundtrack was great too, it was like Joy Division but not boring and lovely and without the mr. bean singing.

Snyder Superman is the best there is or was. I guarantee you I fuckin know more about Superman than you.

Just some astonishingly bad opinions ITT on this, the last day of 2020

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Man of Steel was okay, I liked the part where they put people in the penises

Reeves movies are just corny as hell now, and pretty boring in general. They didn't age well.

Do not post josh.jpg

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

AHH F/UGH posted:

Do not post josh.jpg

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Nah Snyder's Superman is the worst take on Superman there has ever been. He's the opposite of Superman, the Bizzarro if you will. Remember it's fine that you enjoy Snyder's movies,( I'm not attacking you personally unless you are Zack Snyder) but Snyder does not understand Superman and never has.

Alright, start spitting some Superman knowledge. Murder me like Superman would. :allears:

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 1, 2021

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

mallratcal posted:

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

RLM 2021: The year of Josh

Re:Josh
Half in the Josh
Best of the Josh

It is going to be a good year!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

luchajones posted:

RLM 2021: The year of Josh

Re:Josh
Half in the Josh
Best of the Josh

It is going to be a good year!

No.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

colonelwest posted:

Lol this hits too close to home for me. As I sit here alone in quarantine.

Don't worry about it. Is there anyone who isn't stuck at home tonight?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

mallratcal posted:

Don't worry about it. Is there anyone who isn't stuck at home tonight?

thousands

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Well they're idiots.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Anyone watch this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OJ7aW3Df5U

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

that is painful to watch

the half-forced laughter from NYC tourists in the audience pains me

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I hate Pete Davidson so much. They fire good comedians from SNL like it’s going out of style and this guy is on for years and years delivering this crap?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I hate Pete Davidson so much. He's not funny at all. He has the most punchable face in hollywood. I'm glad his dad died at 9/11. He deserves every lovely thing that happens to him.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Don’t they just have him on to do monologues on weekend update because he sucks rear end at the sketches? Seems to have an extremely limited range.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Finally watching The Righteous Gemstones. Mcbride looks way off without a beard of some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

luchajones posted:

Finally watching The Righteous Gemstones. Mcbride looks way off without a beard of some sort.
Prepare to have 'Misbehavin' stuck in your head for the rest of eternity.