Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Milo and POTUS posted:

whats that robot thing in the op from?

that is an evangelion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

General Dog posted:

John Boyega seems extremely not mad right now, laughing actually

lol i agree, hes kinda rightfully mad tho

-rey
-rose
-poe

and they just failed to develop anything romantically with any of them

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
never noticed before but the nostrils are misaligned

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Milo and POTUS posted:

turn on your monitor

wow 2020 is not going like i expected

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

reignofevil posted:

This is when we're gonna find out Jenny put on war paint and is currently engaging in a brushfire war at disneyworld star wars land. Concede everything on this numbered list about plot holes in famous musicals or else the entire cast of dancing ewoks are going up the tower of terror and they aren't coming back down
[high pitched staccato]
send your widest, most shirtless Cast Members(™), they will do NOTHING to stop me

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
RIP jenay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt3ZtY9pIKo

lets all watch this 8 minute video where she throws out 25!!(jump cut warning) knight of ren theories that are all wrong because who would have guessed they just get a single shot in the entire film and its straight out of a swedish deth metal music video just spinning around them on a pile of rocks

lmao knights of ren

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8Wi5JkaKs

heres 20 mins of a guy rooting thru a star wars toy graveyard at a k-mart orsomething

oh and hes doing other disney toys now too. i think this might be jennys boyfriend

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao the flash movie is still technically in production

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ashpanash posted:

Most of the complaints about the prequels before Plinkett (that I encountered) were centered around Jar Jar and how his character ruined the movie. I always knew Jar Jar sucked, but I also knew that Jar Jar wasn't the only thing wrong with the movie - but I didn't know enough about film or storytelling to put my finger on why.

Plinkett's Phantom Menace review was sort of an 'introduction to film theory' lecture for me, in addition to being extremely entertaining. And one of the things that I was most impressed by was that it was 70 minutes long and *barely* brought up Jar Jar at all. Jar Jar wasn't the cause, it was clear: Jar Jar was a symptom. He was just a cartoon rabbit that stepped in the poopie. The problem was much more foundational than that, and Plinkett educated everyone who wasn't a film buff as to why.

The influence of Plinkett can't be overstated. When it came out, the general rule was that videos had to be short and sweet, 5 minutes tops. This one had to be split into 7 because youtube at the time had a 10 minute limit. The long-form internet critique - or just the long-form general interest video in general - was basically created by RLM.

Ya this

I was too young when the prequels came out to understand that there could be a bad star war movie. Everybody was so excited about it. Even my friends parents:eyepop:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PostNouveau posted:

Man, Uncut Gems is a real anxiety producer.

yeah it did that to me too. It was pretty neat, I guess just due to the frantic pace? nothing ever really rests?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ddiddles posted:

Was Ad Astra an elaborate prank? I made it about 1/2 way through before I just skipped through to see how it ended and...

Thinking how much that writer got paid for that makes me angry. Movie looked gorgeous though so theres that.

Ad Astra is the most low-key Final Destination movie

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao

i thought martin lawrence died when that walmart truck hit him

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
cant wait for it to do little at the box office

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah its me professional joke teller bbogs/ forum typer

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
decent VFX for a trailer. I'm picturing just 2 years of some guys in a LOST/Dharma Initiative bunker

every few weeks they check an old terminal mainframe and it reads: [RELEASE DATE PUSHED BACK 4 MONTHS. CONTINUE ADDING VFX. REPLACEMENT ARTISTS EN ROUTE]

but they never get replaced

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lmao at the guy who heard new star war show was better than the new movie and assumed that meant more betteter explosions

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ohh that universally praised entry into a dying franchise? Well actually it's bad and now everybody will know I was the smart tv watcher for saying it first

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the correct tv opinion is to like things with ur postin friends

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i thought people were doing the internet freakout thing with baby yoda but they were right. its adorable and i want to be its friend

yeh its insane now perfectly they play it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The real magic is in they do stuff like having it kill a frog and eat it and the audience goes "awwwwww"

the personality is perfect. a little bit of a poo poo disturber with the button pushing on the ship, but its not clinging to the adults and being like "eww dont touch me! i only like grown up stuff" when kids showed up, Baby Yoda immediately went to play with them and made friends. My only other comparison would be child anakin who was played like...a character insert for 30 year olds, but it was a kid, so you had this weird wise child thing that is super lame.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
me, stoic, proud. the defiant holdout. i will never watch the baby yoda show

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
stupid john favreau, refreshing his disney+ admin panel waiting to see the view counts increase......i deny him

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hey its ya boy bbogs down at the goon bog, as you can see ive added more bog since the last upload

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I don't actually know who Bill Burr is and never saw him in my life.

If I haven't seen it, it's new to me!

hes some podcaster

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
idk it would have been funny to see what sort of muppet hoseshit he came up with for the whills. like hosed up lemming hobbit things probly

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I was picturing Doozers from Fraggle Rock.

lol ya i was thinkin like these things

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Werner Herzog plays murderous Werner Herzog

the black and white patterning of my short fur coat is a sickening reflection of identity politics. try as i might to redirect the raft upon which i find myself, the merciless current pushes us apart with the same force used to erode the hardest stone.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cowcaster posted:

all the tiny little laser pew pews

when all the mandalorians jetpack in for a huge cgi party

when baby yoda eated the frog

nobody really agreed with me or built on my theory (MY THEORY) when the episode first aired, but I think the janky wirework on the squad of Mandalorians could have been like, a weird lamp shading of the original.... memorable... wirework from the OT. Like canonically they just kinda look goofy when they take off/land because its how their rockets work or whatever

or it was just what you get when 10+ extras all have to get lowered down at once and even in 2019 its hard to time that poo poo out precisely

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ohh yeah and the eyeball thing on the pole on herzog's door. like they could definitely fix the fulcrum point so it doesnt look like absolute poo poo but....it looked like poo poo in the original so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a lot of mando praise needs to be taken with the chaser "...for a star wars thing" . It's not breaking any ground for prestige or scripted TV in general, but it's brilliant and refreshing for a star war

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
aw man the show was going to get 10 seasons but some guy said he isnt going to watch the white hair superman show just cancel it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Witcher has some of the worst screenplay writing I've ever seen. It's insanely badly directed and edited. Woeful acting and dialogue. Absolutely awful stuff.

yeesh sounds like somebody isnt going to get hired by tv show company netflix, to write reviews for the henry cavil game of thrones show,

u could have praised the show and been rich... but u took the road less travelled... the brave route very few travel without some sort of supernatural bodyguard person

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
toss a coin to ur bad tv show sayer

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
actualy ive thought about it and quantum is right. sry quantum

gently caress everythign

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

the kentucky quid posted:

I’m half way through the Witcher and the plot is incredibly loving confusing and they just glaze over important poo poo so I’m incredibly lost and confused. I just want old game of thrones back where it was this lovely fantasy story used as a thinly veiled excuse to have a shitload of exposition scenes in a brothel. Why can’t Netflix make a show like that?

yeh it was confusing to me too until near the end then i kinda "got it"

basically the little princess's story takes place over like a week, the hunchback witch girl's story takes place over years, and witcher's takes place over decades(but the witch also takes place over decades, just know theres like 3 compressions of character time, theyre not on the same clock)

maybe year/decade/century would be a better approximation

for the most part they just tell them all concurrently in the runtime of the show so the little girl doesnt just show up in the final episode. But I think even within this framework theyre jumping around in time a bit, like the queen being stabbed and on that fainting couch since the very first episode

idk I enjoyed it for the most part, fantasy poo poo in general doesnt interest me but Witcher held my attention in a way game of thrones failed to

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 9, 2020

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeh cold take 2020; im glad u enjoy ur thing

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the good harley quinn cartoon has me kinda excited for the harley quin movie now

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the official harley quinn is the one from the currently airing cartoon show. everybody shut up and go give it a shot, if arent completely sold when Robin shows up then idk what you're even looking for

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
he is the worst rapist of all time and his crime was being on a tv show

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There's a movie I've seen where the matte is slowly animated instead of changing from cut to cut so you sort of notice the frame enlarging. It's a neat effect but I can't remember what movie it was, maybe fury road or a Nolan batman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The Haunting

e: the lovely one with Qui Gone Gin and Luke Owen

owned