Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Let cats murder?
Yes
No
Goku
View Results

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Urban ecosystems are so completely screwed up that I think half the species they're eating are other invasive species

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also honeybees are invasive to North America and it's always really funny when people get really messed up about that

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Mus musculus ain't from round here neither

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh no my Passer domesticus!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Streptopelia decaocto noooooo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You could say that by and large, it was he who was in charge of the sleeping car express!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Cats are extremely domesticated. They don't actually work like everyone thinks they do. If you don't let your dog free roam the suburbs/rural forests you shouldn't let your cat because your cat is less equiped to do that than your average dog.

Growing up I lived next to a giant field, and our cat Tarantula would go out every morning, and then come back every evening, having added just poo poo loads of mouse corpses to the yard, usually in a particular little area of skullfield. Also she would put grasshoppers into any unmonitored coffee cup

Some cats love to just relentlessly kill

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My current buddy does not go outside, never has, but when I wash him he's kind of a weenie about it. However, on the rare circumstances that you had to wash tarantula, usually because she'd been out rolling in something that might have chemicals on it, it was like trying to wash an angry dune buggy. That loving cat was so strong

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That said, my indoor cat bazooka does love to catch flies, and I love him catching flies

One time a mouse got in the house as well, but I only know that because he immediately killed it and he looked incredibly proud of himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think it's fun sometimes to hang a little bit of raw beef out of my mouth for my cat because he won't do it, he looks at me and is like... gross