Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Let cats murder?
Yes
No
Goku
View Results

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Trapping a predator in your lovely apartment/house because you want a furry toy is hosed up. At least keeping animals for eating or labor makes sense, this just stinks of inability to form normal human connections and projecting your hosed up psyche into a defenseless animal

Pretty sure cats love having a bipedal slave that cleans up their waste and gives them food for doing nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Chief McHeath posted:

In college one of my friends had a fat orange cat that wore a bell around her neck and she brought more "presents" to the house than the all black boy cat did. How that fat orange fucker was such a great hunter, we'll never know. Because she was a cat that could not speak english, and is dead now.

Well fed cats are like the ultimate hunters

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I guess indoor cats are just another weird thing about American culture because it's normal as gently caress to let a cat out most places.

The UK is not "most places"

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Honky Dong Country posted:

As an adult I don't let my cats outdoors unsupervised but I grew up in a family that did. We had a neutered male that was chill as gently caress. He was a gnarly hunter (sorry, birbs) and would scrap hard with other neighborhood cats. But be also was so chill that he adopted young male cats and they'd both come through the cat flap in our house. Like our cat was like "hey just bringin' my buddy by for a snack, hope that's cool."

But be would disappear for like a week at a time and we were fairly certain be had multiple families. If he was gone longer my parents would check the local pound and he'd invariably be there. Not even in a cage, they'd just let him roam around and chill on their desks with them because he never fought animal control and was just plain chill af with everybody.

Looking back I wish my parents had just kept his rear end as an indoor cat but holy hell was that a cool cat. These days my parents have wised up and keep their cats indoors same as I keep mine indoors.

But anyway that's the story of Manny the extremely cool outdoor cat.

Even every time he ended up in the pound was from a cat trap and he was chill af with the animal control people. Almost like he was "ahhhh gently caress they got me but hey man there was wet food in here wassup"

Would've wanted to pet dat cat