Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Haifisch posted:

Acknowledging anything about how modern employment or the modern job market works would cause the entire concept of Dustin to crumble.
Pretty sure pensions haven't been a thing since well before the strip launched, in 2010.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Zorro

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (August 2, 1937)

My guess for the right question to ask:

is the person who claims he is Mister Brown, actually Mister Brown?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Still have a few hours before time advances here.

The Dinette Set gently caress 2020.

Working Daze gently caress 2020.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix gently caress 2020.

Cul De Sac isn't inviting him over again.

(No matter what, I will not curse in my Cul De Sac lead-ins.)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Some Guy TT posted:

Can anyone hook me up with the How to Read Boss Dharma image? I wanted to do a proper effortpost for next year's thread which should be written, uh, any time really. The Eastern Hemisphere's already there. Whose turn is it?
It sounds like it's yours. :wink:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

You know what, I think it actually is, given that I'm #5 on this year's leaderboard for posters and I'm sure I've been here longer than five years. I'll post it before I go to bed. Finally, an excuse to post my unvarnished opinion about literally every comic in the thread!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Some Guy TT posted:

You know what, I think it actually is, given that I'm #5 on this year's leaderboard for posters and I'm sure I've been here longer than five years. I'll post it before I go to bed. Finally, an excuse to post my unvarnished opinion about literally every comic in the thread!

I believe in you, friend. Your time has come.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

holy poo poo it's been such a wild year i completely forgot we started over on new years, see you with more gay animals in 2021!!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

riderchop posted:

holy poo poo it's been such a wild year i completely forgot we started over on new years, see you with more gay animals in 2021!!

Well, except for when we don't.

Some Guy TT posted:

How do you see that information? I know I've seen it before in another thread, but I don't remember how to get there. Also, looking forward to your reviews!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I was going to close out the year by posting the wonderful old Comic Strip Dance Party video (the one set to "Do the Locomotion", AKA "Do the Big Gay Logan"), but it appears to have disappeared from Youtube.

gently caress 2020. :(

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

You know what, I think it actually is, given that I'm #5 on this year's leaderboard for posters and I'm sure I've been here longer than five years.
You made me check and I'm at number 10. I'd probably be higher if I'd stop slacking off and not posting on the weekends.

Powered Descent posted:

I was going to close out the year by posting the wonderful old Comic Strip Dance Party video (the one set to "Do the Locomotion", AKA "Do the Big Gay Logan"), but it appears to have disappeared from Youtube.

gently caress 2020. :(
One last kick in the balls on the way out. :(

e: Does someone still have the gifs that spawned it?

e2: Found one of them

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 1, 2021

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Evil Mastermind posted:

You made me check and I'm at number 10. I'd probably be higher if I'd stop slacking off and not posting on the weekends.

One last kick in the balls on the way out. :(

e: Does someone still have the gifs that spawned it?

But of course.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Parahexavoctal posted:

In this installment of The Timid Soul, published exactly 92 years ago today on December 31, 1928, Caspar is an rear end in a top hat.

To the best of my knowledge, this is Oswald Milquetoast's only appearance, although several years later there's a strip in which Caspar has a nephew.

I've never seen "high-hat" used in this context, although the meaning is easily inferred.

It's to treat someone condescendingly, yeah. Actually in wikitionary.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

found one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Green Intern posted:

They are going to a costume party presumably. Possibly with a medieval or renaissance theme. He’s dressed as a silly jester. She’s a peasant with a head on a spike. That is the joke.

Look closely at the head on the pike. That his wife is holding.

On the dog training one: the husband is dressing up in his wife's clothes, and training the dog to attack those clothes...

Restaurant: I really don't want to know what Uncle Fester is ordering, nor how he wants it be prepared. Neither does the waiter, but he has no choice.

Yes: it's a cattle brand. And she's in a hurry to use it, too.

Monster Rally – 1950

A classic:

The wit in Addams' work ranges from the nearly-mundane to :stare: :psyduck:. One can certainly see how the rumours of creeping insanity got around.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 1, 2021

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

quote is not edit, you fool.

Welp, I have no choice:

Monster Rally - 1950 - New Year's Eve Bonus:

Welp, now we know where the car keys wound up.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 1, 2021

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
these are all outstanding. thanks for posting them!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

I'll bite. Why are mail-in ballots bad, Brewster Rockit Space Guy? This comic's notions of relateability leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

And we're up.

I refuse to believe I got every comic. Every time I thought I was done I dug up more. But midnight Eastern time was the limit I set for effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

These are just so wonderful.