Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I'm a sad trans woman with the self-esteem of a styrofoam cup. I just scroll past Dilbert and Pros and Cons and few others because I understand that nobody here gives a single flying gently caress how I feel, just like IRL.
:gettherapy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

:3: such a good friend.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Angry_Ed posted:

a terrorist that looked like Ronald Reagan for some reason.

but you repeat yourself.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Gnoman posted:

I'm trying very hard to think of a non-homophobic explanation for the throwaway panels here, and I can't come up with one.

cannibalism

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

ikanreed posted:

This is one of the few times I don't empathize with Calvin's parents at all. Their son clearly loves his stuffed tiger, and enjoyed taking pictures of him.

I believe the conceit is that, without Calvin's imagination, the pictures are all identical or close to identical. It isn't so much that they think Calvin is dumb or wasteful. He just genuinely doesn't understand. But it seems like a sarcastic remark would be more in character.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Haifisch posted:

Cursive is a poo poo writing system that serves no purpose now that people don't have to handwrite things all the time(so writing speed isn't really a factor). It's straight-up worse than print if other people being able to read what you write is the goal. People who make sloppy print are completely loving illegible if they write in cursive. And there's an extra gently caress you if you have any sort of disability that makes it hard to hold a pen 'correctly'. Even when I was still in K12 schooling and handwriting notes, I didn't bother with cursive because I had both problems and print was just easier.

The guy with the best penmanship in my high school class wrote in all caps, block letters. I never had any trouble reading his notes. You could OCR his notes they were so clean.

My cursive on the other hand was trash.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Angular Cyrus posted:

This just looks like Phil Foglio art now.

Not enough impossible breasts and the waists are still too big for that.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Huxley posted:

Use this one, I made the shaking more lit (ie faster).

And obviously I want it. :)

This thread is one of half a dozen that I follow on SA and it is by far the one that I read most often.
I do not create content for it, but I'd love to have this tag.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Vargo posted:

Wallace

That's exactly the kind of melodramatic ridiculousness in which I would have engaged as a youth, and with just as much chutzpah and downright sincerity as Wallace.

This is wonderful. This is art.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Transmodiar posted:

Scary Go Round: The Great Unboxing

-- fin --

NOW you can argue about the British public (or is it private?) school system.

quoting Plan 9.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb6H14gVWjM

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Alhazred posted:

The history of childcare is just insane. Harry Harlow for example had to torture monkeys in order to establish that infants do in fact like to be comforted.

That was a great skit on The State. Didn't realize it was based on fact.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Hostile V posted:

Betty Boop is his wife, you know.

She was originally a dog, right? That explains her head shape.

And they had that clown named Bimbo the Clown.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Evil Mastermind posted:

♪ Siiil-ver Shamrock! ♪

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tRXG8DFy5k

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sundae posted:

Doe Rae seems good to Me So Fah.

(I couldn't get the last two to work. :()

Well, La Ti Doe, good for you.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

This one I get. Should I be glad that I'm now being exploited to make money just like straight people?
Should I be excited that Cyberpunk 2077 includes transwoman models with visible crotch bulges in their hyper-capitalistic future advertising?
Is it sad that I am actually happy about it?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
A mod has posted an encouraging post.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
This thread has literally been a beacon of joy and whimsy during the worst of times IRL.

I hope it lives on. If not, well, that's 2020 for you.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Worth it just for this.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Some Guy TT posted:

It feels really weird to have Zelda describe a night of kinky nerd sex with a reasonably decent-looking nice guy who has a sense of humor and also a cat as rock bottom. The strip opened up with her forcibly moving back in with an ex-boyfriend who she mutually loathes. It's kind of hard to go down from there.

It's not the casual sex with a hot nerd; it's the fact that she got so shitfaced she barely remembers it and might feel like she made choices she wouldn't have made sober.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Vargo posted:

Wallace

Such a good friend.
:3
I mean * ew* but such a good friend.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

amigolupus posted:

There was a manga where a band went back in time before the Beatles were made and they just plagiarized the Beatles' songs to make themselves rich and popular. And from what I heard, one of the band members justified the plagiarism by saying they wanted to hear what new songs the Beatles would make. It's pretty gross, imo.

They made a movie (Rom Com) about a world where the Beatle's never existed called Yesterday. Except this one guy remembers.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I love what Zelda does with fashion choices and hair styles for the different characters.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

fondue posted:

B Kliban

I watched Equilibrium on Hulu last night so this is familiar. Someone is a Sense Offender.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Vargo posted:

NEVER FORGET

In a way, we're all still victims of 9/11.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I do not get this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Medenmath posted: