Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Vargo posted:

Breaking Cat News by Georgia Dunn is about three cats that report the news of their household. They are good boys who say "ma'am?" whenever they have to ask a question. It is sometimes overly saccharine and has way too many characters but it's a thread favorite because it's generally very cute and can really pack in a high gag-per-panel ratio when it wants to.

BCN is one of my favorites and I can't recommend Georgia's Instagram as a supplement enough. Almost all of the people and animals in the strip are based on her family and pets or those from her life in general. The newest addition to the strip, Goldie, is a cat they fostered last year who they eventually adopted, which was a story that made its way into BCN in these past few months (Lupin's distrust of her in the strip is based on his taking an awfully long time to warm up to her in real life). As someone who follows a whole lot of cat instagram accounts it's a very good follow and super sweet to see the real cats behind the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Nenonen posted:

FREEDOM OF SPEECH MUST PREVAIL

Dilbert

this is the good poo poo

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

Phoebe manages to portray childhood shenanigans and innocence without it turning into a saccharine nightmare a la Rose is Rose.

dana won't respond to my daily letters demanding that phoebe speak in unintelligible baby talk :mad:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Selachian posted:

My daughter liked them when she was younger, but she's a teenager now so she thinks she's "outgrown" that sort of thing. I'm sure she'll learn better when she's older.

the idea that phoebe has been around long enough for someone to grow out of it is blowing my loving mind

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tfw you're forced to agree with loving gunther of all people

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

dismas posted:

Greg Evans — topic
3 subscribers

- Greg
- Greg's daughter
- Greg's second account after he forgot the first password

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rose is gonna eat a pepper and fuckin die

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Skeleton Mom posted:

Honestly at this point I'm ready for Luann to go full Always Sunny & just make every character obviously irredeemable. Seems like it'd be easier than making any of them likable.

it already is, evans just isn't aware of it yet

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Vargo posted:

This might be the worst loving Dustin I've ever seen, and Ed Kudlick's not even there. (Except he really is because everyone in this strip is Ed Kudlick)

Hey SKELLY, why don't we go ahead and compare the number of elementary schools that have been nuked vs the number of schools that have been shot up?

Plus, it's not like nuclear war ISN'T a loving threat in the lives of children today.

gently caress you, gently caress you, gently caress you.

it's also dragging up the tired ok boomer poo poo which is maybe its worst crime

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

girls like books about makeup and glitter probably. and shoes

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Free avatar to a good home

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

marla's gonna say gently caress

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Green Intern posted:

What the gently caress kind of college are they going to where the RA organizes and monitors group study parties.

Greg Evans does not know what a college is or what happens there!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I don't want to make a habit of defending Funky Winkerbean but I'm just imagining what that same setup would look like if Working Daze tried to draw it, and at least Batuik put in an effort.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/breakingcatnews/status/1236690667159592963?s=19

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Almost, but:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i want the gang tag to represent the depraved hellhole that is newspaper comics

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Actually it's this one

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ugh it just occurred to me that we're gonna start seeing topical covid strips soon

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That possum is anti-humor.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Calaveron posted:

gently caress off, no way the Evanses are this much of dinguses

you know full well they are

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Luann and Funky are in an absolute arms race of insufferability right now

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i really didn't think fort knox could get worse but seeing the characters from the waist down has opened up a new level of trash

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I like Zelda. That's my post!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Billingsley striking first in the race to get some Batuik Points (tm)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mikl posted:

Or is it the author making him out to be a turbojerk to give her a reason to break up with him without remorse?

ding ding ding

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think whoever colors Rip Haywire forgot Sopapilla is very not white

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Boy these 2000 election Boonducks sure are a loving bummer

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yeah buddy HUFF that dead wife

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It blows my mind that people don't like Monty, it's consistently one of the best comics in this thread.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I love this funny thread!

For real, excellent post.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Sundae posted:

I can't believe I'm asking a plot question about Rip Haywire of all things, but what baby is that? Baby fireball had red hair, didn't she?

if the sopapilla whitewashing is any indication i don't think the colorist is paying much attention

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

dustin hitting the word peloton in every drat strip for two weeks like it's trying to hit seo triggers ffs

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the worst part about dustin, to me, is how the level of care and craft in the art is wasted on the laziest boomer garbage

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA4dn1EJBnF

Georgia Dunn is good.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i want my gravestone to read Social Bore

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mr. Boop

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

I'm about 99.9% sure that this never ran in a newspaper, or on an official distributer of newspaper strips like comicskingdom. I've read this strip, and I can appreciate (if that's the right word) it for its sheer :wtc: weirdness, but it's better suited to a webcomics thread, I think.

if people are going to keep posting that wolf comic i figured i'd post a twitter comic that's actually funny

also it has betty boop in it which is like an old comic, so gently caress it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mr. Boop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mr. Boop