Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dude just wants to be in every franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

zoux posted:

Lol I can’t even begin to describe how bad an idea a MGS movie is

Annabel Pee posted:

I think thats great casting, I'm glad they got someone high profile and he would be able to play it straight and also get real weird with it, last I heard it was going to be a pretty meta film. He seems like the kind of guy who would probably be a fan of the games already too.

I agree with both these comments. I can't imagine an MGS movie being good, but I also think he's a neat pick for the role.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

Has anyone caught The Outpost on the CW? Is it worth my time if I'm itching for some half-decent fantasy?

It’s every bit as good as Pandora.

That means it’s terrible.

And I’ve watched every episode of each.

It’s basically a super low-rent version of Xena and Hercules. They both have strong 90’s late-nite syndicated vibes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wasn't a fan but apparently someone was as Blood of Zeus was renewed for two more seasons.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

I wasn't a fan but apparently someone was as Blood of Zeus was renewed for two more seasons.

2 more seasons or just the second season? All I can find is this:
https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1334543850929414144

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

Dude just wants to be in every franchise.

More like every franchise wants dude in it :wink:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

2 more seasons or just the second season? All I can find is this:
https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1334543850929414144

The article that popped up in my feed said 2+3 but looking again most reputable sites are just saying 2 so probably just a second season.

Looking for information reminds me that it can be really annoying to look for information on subsequent unreleased seasons of a show. There a these template websites that show up on search because they say something like "Show, season 2 release date and trailer" and when you go there they don't actually have anything like that.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Why did everyone like Mando so much this week? Just because that guy was there? It was a good ep, but didn't stand out from the rest...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The action scenes were pretty stellar, but I've always been a fan of Robert Rodriguez.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I actually thought the action scenes were pretty crummy. A lot of the time it felt like a really expensive fan film shot in a quarry to me, especially the whole stormtrooper raid. Definitely not one of my favorite episodes of the show, but the episode still had a lot to love.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

The Undoing:

People make a lot of stupid loving decisions and there are a lot less twists than expected, which is to say, none whatsoever.

I love psychological murder limited series, like all the Harlan Coben ones that Netflix has I ate up. I watched it all but was pretty disappointed by the end.

I thought this was Undone for a second.

Great first season btw, well worth watching. Tho I watched that high af and i couldnt believe what i was seeing at times lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

You're not allowed to walk around NYC or the subway with a bow and arrow and it looks ridiculous. I don't want to see Hawkeye taking a train.

I mean I wouldnt look twice at it myself personally, you see alot more random poo poo everyday

E:

Sumo posted:

That already happened in 2004 (with John Slattery playing the Jerry Orbach role)

Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights is something I caught at 1am drunk and thoroughly enjoyed. One of the craziest things thats ever happened to me

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 5, 2020

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Good: The Repair Shop season 3 is on Netflix

Terrible: They removed seasons 1 & 2 and I had 5 episodes left :(

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Slamhound posted:

It’s every bit as good as Pandora.

That means it’s terrible.

And I’ve watched every episode of each.

It’s basically a super low-rent version of Xena and Hercules. They both have strong 90’s late-nite syndicated vibes.

I watched every episode of The Outpost and it's definitely not good, but charming in the way it valiantly tries to do its thing with no budget i guess? Maybe watch 2 or 3 random episodes and the season finale if you like. Also: Munt.

I dropped out of Pandora after about 3 Episodes because it was so boring. Does it get better or at least as insane as Vagrant Queen?

Late edit: Amazon keeps showing me Trailers for "Motherland" and it looks horrible. Can someone tell me if it's the fun kind of terrible?

bou fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 5, 2020

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I am of the same mind regarding The Outpost, I think I enjoy it because there is a decent story trying to be told, it is just held back by the 200$ an episode budget, and the complete lack of anything resembling quality.

I have kept watching Pandora, but only out of inertia. It never gets interesting in a good way, and it never embraces the crazy like Vagrant Queen.

Motherland is nothing like the above shows. It actually works for what it is, which is nothing amazing but I enjoy it and would compare it closest to The 100.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Pouring one out for Vagrant Queen.

You didn't have a lot of money, but you had a lot of murders. So every shot counted.

RIP.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I didn't know it existed until now, but has anyone checked out The Right Stuff on Disney+? The film is one of my all time favorites.

I need astronaut drama until For All Mankind returns in Feb

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

isaboo posted:

I didn't know it existed until now, but has anyone checked out The Right Stuff on Disney+? The film is one of my all time favorites.

It's actually pretty good!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

Pouring one out for Vagrant Queen.

You didn't have a lot of money, but you had a lot of murders. So every shot counted.

RIP.

Is Syfy even putting anything out this year? I know Resident Alien was supposed to air sometime this year but I never heard anything about it and also nothing for anything new.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

isaboo posted:

:same: but I heard some people poo poo it so I would love to get an actual opinion...

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Is Syfy even putting anything out this year? I know Resident Alien was supposed to air sometime this year but I never heard anything about it and also nothing for anything new.

They've got a few things coming, but they've all been hit badly by corona. (They could only air half of Wynnona Earp Season 4).

In terms of upcoming stuff, the Channel Zero people have a Chucky series that's filming, the final season of Van Helsing has gone back into production, and half the cast of Schitt's Creek (okay, just Mutt and Twyla) are doing a haunted realtor comedy show. And there's a Day of the Dead adaptation too. Plus the rest of Wynonna Earp (and presumably a fifth season, OR ELSE DEATH BY TWITTER LESBIANS).

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:same: but I heard some people poo poo it so I would love to get an actual opinion...

It's good op

Edit: it's about as good as that show about the rocket scientist that was also a magician

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Simone Magus posted:

It's good op

Edit: it's about as good as that show about the rocket scientist that was also a magician

I loving loved Strange Angel.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hey, is it just me, or is there a moment in Lucifer S3 where Lucifer, and only Lucifer, has Skype-quality audio?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I looked up some of the directors for mando and... bryce dallas howard?? Peyton Reed??? Carl freaking weathers?????

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Check the latest one too. They’re killing it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wanna hug that baby

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Warrior was so good this year. please pick it up HBO Max please please please

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm on episode 2, I forgot how good it looked. Like, the cinematography and choreography is just amazing.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

Wanna hug that Mando

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The penultimate ep of Warrior might be the single best TV episode I've seen this year. I might be forgetting something but either way it's up there.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
They pretty much nailed the fight with Leary too. Not that I was worried they wouldn't but after two seasons of buildup I was prepared to be at least a little let down.

False
Oct 6, 2003
i have friends who will pull magazine models wearing headphones off of trains without even speaking the same language as them. Friends who will show up in a town after hitchhiking cross country for 3 days without showering and pull two girls working

Hakkesshu posted:

The penultimate ep of Warrior might be the single best TV episode I've seen this year. I might be forgetting something but either way it's up there.

Did the second season get substantially better than the first?

I liked a lot of the characters but it felt really relentlessly low rent - I checked out during the bottle episode with the coffin / highwaymen.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The Klowner posted:

I looked up some of the directors for mando and... bryce dallas howard?? Peyton Reed??? Carl freaking weathers?????

Weathers did a great job too. The big chase scene in that episode is one of the best action sequences they've ever done.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

False posted:

I liked a lot of the characters but it felt really relentlessly low rent - I checked out during the bottle episode with the coffin / highwaymen.

If you didn't like the first season I doubt you'd like the second.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

False posted:

Sounds like the show just isn't to your liking. That episode was fantastic.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The second season is better but yeah that bottle episode rules and is an s1 highlight wtf

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The second season ends really well, but the first half is bogged down by what a friend of mine dubbed "Pirate Fight Club". (Far less awesome than it sounds.)

Coffin episode rules tho, wtf. Both the standalone episodes were highlights.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Head's up for the casual anime watchers, the final season of Attack on Titan started today and is doing a simul-release on Hulu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Head's up for the casual anime watchers, the final season of Attack on Titan started today and is doing a simul-release on Hulu.

I misread that as a semi-annual release which I was thinking was taking the non-dump release schedule a bit too far