Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Dexter becomes an ecoterrorist, killing the lumberjacks from within one by one to save the forest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Show opens with Yvonne Strahovski realizing baby Harrison inherited his dad's murderous ways when she finds him in the middle of gorily vivisecting a treadmill.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

I like the original for what it is, but there's not much to that universe other than "George Lucas couldn't get the rights to The Hobbit so he sanded the numbers off." If they're going to do it then I hope they ditch as much connection to the movie as possible and just make a new adventure with Willow as an old bumbling wizard, because literally nobody gives a poo poo about the plot to the first film or what happened when that baby grew up.

Have you read the Willow sequel novels that Chris Claremont wrote in the 90s? In the first chapter, all the characters except Willow get killed off. Willow then changes his name and goes off to a completely different part of the world, and the plot then jumps forward twenty years. The entire rest of the book then has basically no connection to the movie in any way.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Funny given yesterday the news was:

https://twitter.com/hshaban/status/1318557786285002754

Wonder what government department Quibi qualifies Whitman to run.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Looks like CW is trying to do a Nancy Drewniverse by doing a backdoor pilot for an updated Tom Swift series in s2. Expect a Hardy Boys and Bobbsey Twins update in a couple of years.

I have to say, as a kid my local library had all the 1950s Tom Swift Jr. books and I loved them. The evolution of technology in them is pretty funny, though. One of the first books is him racing to design a simple chemical rocket to reach orbit, a few books later he's building a giant antigravity space cruiser to reach the moon first.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Party Down is definitely a great show to throw on and laugh at for a while if you need a little pick me up. 20 episodes total, 30 minutes each, all hilarious and with heart as well.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Watched the first episode of Truth Hunters on Amazon. Pretty fun, would recommend if you're into either the ghost hunting genre or the Nick Frost/Simon Pegg genre, although it's far more the former than the latter. (By which I mean, more Frost than Pegg)

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

pentyne posted:

Remember how I said Grimm was a casual binge watch.

Upon reflection, the Portland PD shoot a loving ton of people in this show. That many of them are monsters in disguise isn't a good look.

On a related note, it's really funny to watch Portlandia these days and see it depicted as a twee paradise rather than an epicenter of the neo-Nazi movement.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Since The Leftovers was just brought up here, I was just listening to the new episode of Blank Check on Contact, and it made me think about how the ending of that movie and the ending of The Leftovers have a lot of parallels.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The funniest thing about Alex Rider for me is that the author went on to write actual James Bond books.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Why is Moon Base so short? Just a minshow or is there a second half of a season coming?

I don't know how common this is, but Moonbase was developed and filmed completely before they started shopping it to a network to air. It might have been something like them not wanting to spend a lot of money on something that no network would bite on.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I was going to write that Kelsey Grammar had to have been on 30 Rock at some point, and then I remembered that he played himself in multiple episodes. I think he accidentally killed someone in one episode?

Been a long time since I've rewatched any of 30 Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Speaking of Mandalorian S2 finale, I've noticed something a few times now... I suppose I'll just spoil the whole thing:

I've noticed several people who are huge TLJ boosters (the kind who think it's the only good Star Wars movie, that Rian Johnson is the greatest creative genius of all time, JJ Abrams is racist for not giving Rose more screentime) have the takeaway that Luke showing up to save the day is a direct attack on the ending of TLJ and a spit in the face to Johnson and a concession to the alt-right and now they feel like they can't be Star Wars fans any more. It's not a ton of people but I've seen it happen enough that it seems really odd. Then again fans getting super attached to Star Wars and overreacting to it shouldn't surprise me, I suppose.