Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Setting a precedent for couch chat early this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

I am so afraid WoT is going to be bad. They should’ve done an adaptation focused on the original War of Power or the Aiel War or even the Seanchan. It’s going to be a tough adaptation... although imagining the Aiel history as Rand goes through the trials actually being shown could be amazing.

My biggest fear is they try to Game of Thrones it - although hopefully they edit out Mat getting raped and everyone laughing at him for it (because men can’t get raped)

I've tried to read that first book abook ten times. I even have the entire audiobook series, but i can't past the first 90 min, it's so loving boring.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fantasy books aren't my usually my ting, if we are going full fantasy i expect some space ships.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tried to watch 'The Messiah' on Netflix. Both very stupid AND anti-semitic!

Was his father Biggus Dickus?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Also the main character is for some reason getting IVF i guess because she's a woman? also even though she's an American and works for the CIA she is ALSO Jewish for some reason, and therefore an evil skeptic
`

there is a lot going in there, what part of that makes you upset?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

imagine a terrible evangelical movie

imma stop you there.

Don't care. Thought it might be a weird israeli spy drama, but you saved me a click.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DC Murderverse posted:

Fun fact:

At the beginning of its run, That 70's Show was set in 1976. The show premiered in 1998. So if you were to make a show in the year 2020 that was set the same amount of time in the past, you could have the characters all gather around the television and watch That 70's Show!

Actually, the gap between Happy Days' setting and its actual air date was only 19 years so we really ought to be getting our early 2000s nostalgia sitcom any day now. I assume it will be on ABC since they've already got two sitcoms set in the 1980s and two set in the 1990s.

the hardest thing about setting shows past the 90's is getting access to music without going bankrupt.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

What shows are ending in 2020?

Arrow and the 100 will wrap up, what else is finishing up?

quite a few, i don't know which of these have finished in the last couple of months though
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/ending-or-cancelled-tv-shows-for-the-2019-20-season/

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

You haven't posted in it yet, right?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

My mortal enemy must have them because Will and Grace came back and Mad About You is returning shortly.

Will Wheaton?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
she had those rumours of being a difficult bitch on set of mysteries of laura.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

:yeah:

e: or SMASH ^^

that show was carried by the core strength of the lead actors abs, the attractiveness of the two lead actresses, the costume designers and NZ

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Craig Horner's Instgram in inspiring. He dresses like a gently caress boi. It's awesome

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boba Pearl posted:

Is there a TV IV thread for good youtube channels? I've been watching DBZ Abridged, FF7 Abridged, YGO Abridged, Red vs Blue, RWBY, and some other stuff, and wanted to share abou tit.

Youtube threads on other forums turn into a one stop for drama queens.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Imagine being angry at a fictional version of the fiction devil because he doesn't enjoy Tupac

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

It's Moffat.

I watched the first episode and gave it side eyes most of the time it was on. Didn't know it was that eejit, and now it makes sense.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

People are batshit crazy man.

Nerds enjoy their slash fiction man. Don't kink shame their shows.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I haven't sat down to watch the whole thing but someone showed me the Hard Right episode and it was really loving funny.

Mmmm... Tanis

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dark Knight sucks as much as Batman Beyond.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

Gervais is a huge transphobic shitlord fwiw

Didn't he take the piss out of a satirical fictional character, or did i miss a tweet?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

wuggles posted:

Well, there goes my gambling career. Time to watch Fleabag.

Bet you $10 you enjoy it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He not wrong though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

gently caress's sake The Nanny is so good from the start.

are you seriously that out of tv to watch?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

She was a good actress but what has she done of worth on the last decade?

She wasn't in Spider-Man, that's for sure.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

I dont even have a tv

Flagpole Sitta

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Here’s a weird sentence: Colin Farrel is the Penguin in the Pattinson Batman movie

That will trow a bat among the penguins.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is my favourite Colin Farrell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plWncOA_Ljw

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

My video is the same year as Daredevil, it's peak madlad Farrell. Guy was a wild one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xydVIvGPo8s

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Never heard of them, they new?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

I'm always shook when I'm reminded Niles' actor is American.

wot?

why would not be American?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

Guessing esp means the British butler Niles from The Nanny

Well that wrestling gif is just confusing the situation.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Finally they loving get it...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Oh man that segment

https://twitter.com/_ValTown_/status/1214631152058871811

I dunno if this is true or not but I believe it after this whole "no writers' room
thing.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1214373363017117696

https://twitter.com/TrekCore/status/1214920067177238531
💧💧💧💧💧

Reminds me of this video, forgot all about that episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrCZ6ECHW0

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Netflix have lost their drat minds. First they turn Gwenyth Paltrow's scam buisness into a tv show for rich morons.

Now they have a show called Medical Police ? Who greenlit that title?

Show Summary
Doctors Owen Maestro and Lola Spratt leave Children's Hospital and join a secret arm of the CDC to investigate and destroy a deadly global virus.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a comedy. But that title is awful.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah Medical Police is pretty much guaranteed to be great. It’s set in Brazil for gods sake.

I watched the trailer earlier. It looks like someone went ingredients shopping for an action comedy, and cooked it in the microwave.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's is going to be a long year if you keep banging this drum, boss.

Can we skip to the end where the young kid gets totes nekkid in Californication about 14 years later and the earth slows down.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sleeveless posted:

Is there any genre other than sci-fi where fanboys building the narrative that the creator of a work not only had nothing to do with its quality and success but was actively detrimental on every level is so widespread and accepted.

I mean Mormons write fantasy, so you can draw the same bow there.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

Picard short trek is out. Just some backstory. Nothing critical, but a tad bit interesting.

Looks good though, i know nothing about Picard other than Number 1, make it so, Lt. Warf and apparently i thought Will Wheaton was Riker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

Jesus gently caress.

zoux posted:

Good god

Poke your fun jerks.

But while you lot were next generationing i was doing lots of drugs and loose women.