Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I wish The Pretender was better remembered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bruceski posted:

My family loved that show. Then it ended abruptly. Then they made a finale movie! Then that movie ended abruptly.

:same:

TNT was supposed to make like 3 or 4 movies, but in true TNT fashion at the time they changed their minds. Looking at you Crusade

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
He should have said "Ren and Stimpy guy," HTH

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I was 18 when Batman Beyond happened, so o didn't watch it as much as I wanted to because of adulting and staying out late on Saturdays. I just remember that the radioactive guy reminded me of The Misfits.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

That's a weird weird show. The one half is all wholesome A-Team like with Jarod traveling around solving peoples problems of the week, then the other half of the show is all serialized internal spy intrigue and a lot of it is pretty hosed up. For instance at one time one of the semi regulars is running around killing Vietnamese hookers, which he never gets punished for IIRC.

That's because everyone at The Center, was above the law as well as plain evil, sans maybe Miss Parker. The guy you mentioned was Mr. Lyle, who turned out to be her sister.

There were also clones and poo poo. Yes it plays Saturday afternoons on H&I, how did you know?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

muscles like this! posted:

They just put out a remastered version not that long ago.

Oh poo poo I didn't know it was out already

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

esperterra posted:

Another problem is that Batman Beyond is bad

:)

gently caress you!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

esperterra posted:

I partook of a doobie this morning, tyvm!

The Og Hous has been closed for years

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rhyno posted:

Uh.

That's a vagina.

Everything is a vagina if you look at it long enough

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The Keyboard Goop Lab

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

Speaking of, when's my correctly aspect ratioed Simpsons coming out

It's already out, on DVD

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

swickles posted:

I use some DVD's, like I got Scrubs with the original music so suck on that.

And I have the Simpsons seasons 1-8 with the correct aspect ratio

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
As long as you have a TV that can handle HDR and Dolby Vision, it's very worth it.

You don't get much from the resolution bump, but the color depth is worth it, especially if you like a lot of movies shot on film.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Croatoan posted:

Who the gently caress ever made Nemesis should be ashamed of themselves.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

EL BROMANCE posted:

I haven’t seen the turtles one, but it kinda seems a bit pointless of an episode given there’s already a feature length doc about TMNT as a whole that goes into a lot of detail about the toys.

I don’t remember disliking the episode of Toys I saw (Star Wars) but I turned off the Ghostbusters episode of Movies after about ten minutes. Something about the presentation grinded.

I'm 90% sure my dad watched the Home Alone Episode of Movies, because he wouldn't shut up spouting trivia about Home Alone the whole time I visited. All the negative descriptions of the Movies that Made us makes me want to avoid it

As for Toys, By the Power of Greyskull is good and still up on Netflix as of this weekend if you want to know about the Masters of the Universe/He-Man/She-Ra franchise.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

God drat twitter is the worst possible twitter

FTFY

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Who Greenlighted this poo poo is the only good thread in CD

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
MASH sucks, HTH

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OK boomer

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Timby posted:

Hot Ones is getting a TV show on truTV; they've ordered 20 episodes.

Uh, okay.

Things like this is going to become a lot more common as the kids who grew up with YouTube as their version of TV age into adulthood.

Rocksicles posted:

Reddit is very gross, but it's also the funniest discussion platform on the entire web. Don't subscribed to controversial subs, don't say bad about MGTOW or dog owners. I think those two might be linked in some way, i'm investigating.

I avoid reddit like the plague, but I"m pretty sure the dog owner thing is universal. I've noticed dog owners tend to have some kind of insecurity and/or thin skin about owning dogs, I call it "doggo brain."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Josh Lyman posted:

I thought people liked Mindhunter?

Excuse me, but you are posting on Something Awful Dot Com, we don't like anything here.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rhyno posted:

Neelix sucked until his last minute of screen time and Tuvok danced for him.

:rip: Tuvix

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Tuvix was like the third the best character on Voyager.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Peacock (the NBC streaming service) is doing a The Adventure Zone animated series. Hopefully they got a better deal on that than the MBMBaM series, which somehow ended up with them getting absolutely no money from digital purchases.

I'll put that as one more check mark in the "con" list on getting Peacock.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Croatoan posted:

Aww man that's a bummer (not getting cash for digital I mean). I checked out of TAZ after it got weird. It was right when Griffin said he was gonna let another brother GM. I wonder if it got better.

I cannot stand any of the McElroy's podcasts, I've tried several of them including TAZ, and they just really grate on me. I just get this vibe of forced monkey-cheese and that just doesn't work for me. Plus they have some really annoying voices on top of it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It's so good. Give it a few episodes to find its stride (pilot is really good, then it kind of simmers a bit before it really kicks into gear).

I will say it peaks at the second season, but that's not because the later seasons have any problems. Season 2 is just that good. There was no way in hell the show was ever going to top it.

Although I haven't seen the last season yet, it's hard for just about anything on TV to top Justified season 2.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I watched the pilot for 9-1-1 Lone Star. It was alright, still over the top like 9-1-1 Vanilla, but not quite in the same way. I don't think my roommate likes it since Rob Lowe isn't Angela Bassett, which is fine by me because I'm rather indifferent to either.

I will say though neither one is a slog to watch because it's almost as if the writer's room decided to skip directly season 4 "we've run out of ideas" plots. So far, this season of 9-1-1 had a multi-part episode about a tsunami, terrible acting by reoccurring guest star Rhonda Rousey, and one of the characters nearly killing someone in an underground fighting ring.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bring back old gbs posted:

season after season after season which is exactly 3 and then cancelled

I'm honestly ok with the 90's Nickelodeon model, as long as everyone knows it's 3 and done so there can be a good wrap-up.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'd argue that the Witcher is low magic, it just doesn't seem that way because it's about the magic users.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I was on Hulu and man, ABC sure crapped out a Kobe tribute thing pretty quick, huh?

I'm sure they have a bunch of those for most mid to high profile celebrities, just spend a couple hours updating it with only the most recent of events, and it's ready to go.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

This will dwarf Slevelesses entire trolling career, observe:

"What about Hawaiian Pizza"

IT's good

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Baskets. That show absolutely should not work and sounds dumb as hell on paper, but the family dynamic works so well.

RIP to a wonderful show that literally no one watched :smith:

I watched it on Hulu

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

RIP to the Grinder

:emptyquote:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Djarum posted:

Oh man the Mick was pretty good too. I was surprised that got canceled.

:hmmyes:

I think that one bought it because they needed room for Last Man Standing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I can't recall the circumstances under which I saw part of an episode of LMS, but I know I would have rather watched just about anything else.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

You were at your parents house for a holiday or family event

That doesn't seem right, but that's the only way I can explain having seen about 1/2 an episode.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

Has there ever been a good anime

FTFY

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

Sir I am currently fighting tooth and claw in the RSF over if the prequels are good or not there is no tired subjective discussion of taste and quality beneath me at this point

The Prequels are better than the Sequels

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

NYT Op ed piece dropping an Actually, saying Goop's Netflix show is bad is problematic article.

How dare you say that drinking bleach to cure autism is bad

There's a really good podcast that I strongly recommend called "The Dream."

Season 1 is about MLMs, and the current season is about the supplement industry.

The one thing I had never thought about for the whole "alternative medicine" thing, is that science and medicine has been very male-focused. This has made a lot of women feel that doctors don't really understand them, and that's why they've turned to alternative medicines with dubious claims of effectiveness.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

Is it because I'm older and cynical or do Superbowl commercials suck a lot more now than they used to

I recall in the 90's there were a lot of one-offs, and otherwise special commercials you'd only see during the Superbowl. These days it feels like they're just premiering their new ads for the year because you'll see them again over the next few months, unless it's overly controversial for some reason.

Weirdly enough, last night during the short stint I watched before I started nodding off was nothing but local ads, the Rick and Morty ad, and one for Fox Nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Like most people the answer is "work"