Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I'm definitely saving this one. Because after years of arguing with chuds I think it's best that I just post this picture as a response to literally anything that dumb fucker does/says. It's just so perfect in how succinct it is and how quickly I want to end conversations with his mouth breathing supporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

I looked up the transcript of Gervais' speech and I can't say I'm surprised conservatives are acting like it was some big mega OWN to Hollywood liberals or whatever.

It wasn't, at all. But I still get why they're acting like it was.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

A fat Michael Moore joke in goddamn 2020 like holy poo poo.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Katt posted:

There's also the 3D angle where right wingers consistently portray Trump as this Adonis figure which itself provokes a near irresistible response.

This is the main difference really. Trump is incredibly vain (orange spray tan, come on guys) and his base treats him like a god. His looks are made fun of because people like Garrison portray him as Hercules.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

I've been following this thread for like, 10 years now I think. The buddy who introduced me to it recently told me he had to stop reading it so often because it was having such a negative toll on his mental health just seeing the most dumb loving takes back to back.

I'm not saying I'll do the same, but like, I get it.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

The insecurity that conservatives have toward higher education is just so blatant sometimes.

Like, how do so many of them confidently make remarks about how dead and stupid higher education is when they themselves are irredeemable morons?

Fascinating.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Saving this one. Reminds me of one I should have saved, and if someone has it I'd greatly appreciate it.

It's called something like "boomer train paradox" and the guy pulling the lever is like "Yeah but saving anyone wouldn't be fair to the people who already got run over." It really captures modern conservatism/boomerism/any other dumb poo poo.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It's a shame that Bernie seems like a genuinely decent person with a solid voting record, but that he'll never get the support he deserves because too many people like Garrison are loving hopeless.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

I like how the leash is supposed to be choking him, as indicated by the lines near the collar, but it's also so loose that there's visible air between it and his neck.

Because the artist is poo poo and has poo poo opinions.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

One is a narcissistic rear end in a top hat and the others are campaigning on taxing the rich to allow for cheaper services for the rest of us.

Tough choice, better take a nap and then go vote R.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Is this the first time someone has amended the "do nothing" to include "well, except this one really big thing we don't like"?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Lol wtf is that, Garrison

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

I've always been convinced that at least half the reason people poo poo on cats so much is due to sexism. They're seen as feminine to begin with, plus the whole "crazy cat lady" thing.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

Yipes, they've lost Ramirez.

Not his vote, I'm sure.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Pants Donkey posted:

Garrison declaring victory early.

It's been said, but yeah he may as well declare victory now. Checks and balances don't exist so we get no witnesses. You may say to yourself "But isn't that super indicative of someone who's guilty?" and you'd be right.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Probably should have known this already given the artist's sole devotion to one topic regarding sex, but goddamn are they horny af.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

lose your home and get denied housing, cockend. get denied healthcare. bodily autonomy. get shot by the police and have your shooter get off scot free. see how trivial it is then, you piece of poo poo

Lol you know drat well the artist doesn't believe these things EVER happen to people, and if they do then they must have deserved it. Because the foundation of conservatism is the tremendous lie that we call "a just world."

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

That is one hell of a forced "joke" or whatever you'd call this.

Dye (them in tar then feather them) - like what the gently caress is this

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Imagine ratting on yourself like this.

"I'm such a hack that I can't even come up with a current event to make a cartoon about, which is my only job by the way."

I get that it's hard when you don't want to make a single cartoon about the current president because there's nothing positive to attribute to him.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

What does this mean

I believe the Seattle Freeze refers to people there being generally cold and kept to themselves? Something about it being hard to form connections there if you just moved in.

EDIT: Also I saw something today that mentioned Seattle having cases that went unreported or something like that.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

What the gently caress is this Horsey? I recognize the lovely art style of the other one though.

They've really latched onto that narrative though have they? They seem to have a really good idea what college professors are like despite never having been in one of their classrooms. Surely calculus teachers are just dumping political opinions on students because otherwise why are so many educated people telling me I'm a dipshit?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It's crazy how bad everyone's memory gets when I talk about how conservative media hyped the poo poo out of ebola RIGHT UP UNTIL midterms. I was actually having dinner w/ my grandparents at the time and they had Fox on who was spending every hour of every night talking about how much of failure Obama was for bringing home like one doctor who had it. I remember joking about how we'd forget all about ebola after elections.

They didn't remember then so I guess it makes sense they don't now after a few years.

This isn't me saying "liberal media" is hyping it up for no reason. It's a reminder that it's literally always projection and when you call them on it they suddenly can't remember anything of political relevance from the last decade.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

So the marching orders are currently "keep saying it's no big deal because we can't have Trump look even slightly incorrect" right?

Because it sure seems like it's only chuds/the otherwise uninformed who can't help themselves from constantly talking about how "not bad" it is. And like, normally I'd agree that some fad illness is just media hype but conservatives seem absolutely hellbent on minimizing it. Confirmation bias or not, that sure seems like a good reason to actually care a bit.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

*Democrats propose bill to help with virus outbreak *

*Republicans reject it*

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Sandpuppy posted:

Uh, don't you mean "Wuhan Chinese Virus"?

These are just oppositeofreality.jpg right? Was there not a relief bill put forward by Dems that was shut down by like Rand Paul's dumb rear end or something?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Oh shut the gently caress up.

I highly doubt she has to ask herself this question given how goddamn easy it is to blame him for his horrible response/downplaying.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Katt posted:

I'm so anti social I pray for a few months of quarantine.

Instead I have to work as if there's not even a pandemic going on.

Literally me, lol

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Oh wow a centrist take that makes the lovely conservative side seem comparable. How original.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

I loving hate everything.

Lester hits us with the omega-strawman, followed by Payne pointing out two things that are completely different in an effort to defend Pence. No you're right Payne, the media is totally ignoring the Biden sexual assault issue which is why it's the only other thing I hear about aside from COVID.

Just gently caress off.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

InsertPotPun posted:

wait...is mike pence laying on the ground kicking his legs? who the gently caress is that guy pointing at?

I think it's supposed to be Biden's leg as he's running. Though that doesn't answer what the reporter is pointing at on the ground.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Just furiously shaking at the idea of no work.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

There are some pretty awful takes in this thread, but pretending the military gives even a single gently caress about "individuality" is a treasure of a bad faith argument.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

No one is making you stand in the kitchen with a face mask and recite the pledge of allegiance you psycho.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Unlike all the repercussions that Republicans faced when accused of sexual assault such as-
*checks notes*
becoming a supreme court justice or president

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

What the hell did Obama do? I'm seeing the large number of cartoons about him and "centrists" on my Facebook using him as a reason to vote for Trump/not vote Biden.

I'm perfectly willing to accept he did something lovely, but is there concrete proof or anything?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Stantis only wishes the liberals in his life still loved him.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

"Ha! By saying it's a symbol you're also saying that it's ONLY a symbol and has no practical use AT ALL!"

Even in this imaginary conversation Lester is a loving idiot. It's really not far off from how people couldn't (or chose not to) understand that BLM didn't mean ONLY black lives mattered.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Johnny Walker posted:

This is different from normal how?

"Masks bad!"

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

I've been with this thread for like 100 years but this might be the worst cartoon I've ever seen.

"Look how awful this thing is! Defacing George Floyd's grave/legacy! Just imagine if they did this thing I'm depicting!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Stiglich posted:
This country has made tremendous progress in race relations, yet the mainstream media continues to advance the narrative that America is irredeemably racist.

Yeah I wonder why that could be.