Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Everything I see of Hazbin without actually having watched any makes me think of Electroswing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The video does seem like it was made for a modern swing/jazz number.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

BrianWilly posted:

Eh, say what you will about Wall-E ascribing gender roles to sexless machines, but I always thought Eve's design was quite good in that you can project femininity onto her without giving her a skirt and literal boobs.

I don’t believe any of the robots in Wall-E use pronouns, and there are quite a few gender jokes. So who’s to say EVE’s not a male robot?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I guess what gets me about Hazbin is that it's on The Nut Job trajectory. You just bother studios long enough and you do actually get a film. I don't know why. It'll happen.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I will say again the designs are way too loving busy, if Hazbin Hotel finally get that tv series expect the designs to get extremely toned down so they can actually get things done at a reasonable time.

And I do feel like if you didn't get into Invader Zim and the like as a kid, you'd bounce hard off it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Robindaybird posted:

I will say again the designs are way too loving busy, if Hazbin Hotel finally get that tv series expect the designs to get extremely toned down so they can actually get things done at a reasonable time.

And I do feel like if you didn't get into Invader Zim and the like as a kid, you'd bounce hard off it.

I think they're pretty streamlineable but yeah god they are so stupidly over-busy. The worst is that wing cat guy that has playing card shapes all over him. It is honestly hilarious how over-detailed that design is. The sports announcer guy also.

The best designs are the women because I get the sense she doesn't really care about them as much so they have fewer fangledanglers.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pick posted:

I guess what gets me about Hazbin is that it's on The Nut Job trajectory. You just bother studios long enough and you do actually get a film. I don't know why. It'll happen.

A Hazbin Hotel will probably end up a Netflix series, and when it does I gotta be honest: I'm going to watch it.

I've watched worse, MUCH worse.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it's sausage party for girls

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Holy poo poo I forgot this was in that movie.

Doodles posted:

Vivziepop and the Hazbin Hotel crew have just popped up with a new music video starring the spider...whore...guy? and a one-eyed demoness with a fetish for making things go explodey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulfeM8JGq7s

:derp:

Somehow, I prefer The Great Mouse Detective's sexually charged number than...this. I mean it's not BAD but...it's not good...or fun.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The video does seem like it was made for a modern swing/jazz number.

There, this is all you need for that pool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQgXeY_zi4

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I've watched worse, MUCH worse.
Funny how everyone memoryhole'd 12 Forever after the creator's dirty laundry was aired. Right?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Doodles posted:

Vivziepop and the Hazbin Hotel crew have just popped up with a new music video starring the spider...whore...guy? and a one-eyed demoness with a fetish for making things go explodey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulfeM8JGq7s

:derp:

The song isn't great but the animation is real good and also wow @ the backgrounds

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Pick posted:

I think they're pretty streamlineable but yeah god they are so stupidly over-busy. The worst is that wing cat guy that has playing card shapes all over him. It is honestly hilarious how over-detailed that design is. The sports announcer guy also.

The best designs are the women because I get the sense she doesn't really care about them as much so they have fewer fangledanglers.

yeah that many details is going to end up with a lot of instances of off-model or wrong colors, there's a reason why even the big studios with a huge group of animators kept designs pretty simple.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Macaluso posted:

The song isn't great but the animation is real good and also wow @ the backgrounds

Yeah, that first 55 seconds or so especially is super impressive. I can't imagine how hard it is to animate someone with so many and such oddly shaped limbs, let alone doing movements that complex. A little bit frontloaded though, and I agree that Cherri wasn't given as much attention as she should've given this is a duet.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Christ, that stupid Addicted song is still stuck in my head.

I didn't start out hating that song, I actually rather enjoyed it, but it's been 24 hours and that tune just will not leave my brain.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Christ, that stupid Addicted song is still stuck in my head.

I didn't start out hating that song, I actually rather enjoyed it, but it's been 24 hours and that tune just will not leave my brain.

Ive watched the video like 3 times and I couldn't even tell you what the words to the song are. Its completely forgettable to me, so you have my condolences

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Ive watched the video like 3 times and I couldn't even tell you what the words to the song are. Its completely forgettable to me, so you have my condolences

horny horny spider spider horny spider horny horny spider spider (repeat)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ahk3mMX80Y

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh my God such sweet babies :3: the world is filled with such wonderful critters.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I'm not gonna knock the singing, can't be easy to sing like this.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Pick posted:

horny horny spider spider horny spider horny horny spider spider (repeat)

Every time I see "Hazbin Hotel," I keep conflating it with "Habbo Hotel" and the amount of pure WRONG that brings to my mind is frightening.

HELL'S CLOSED

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Pick posted:

it's sausage party for girls

okay no sorry I can't let this go
what does this mean and why

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I watched part of Hazbin Hotel now that I am aware it is not Habbo Hotel and yeah, I hate how it looks. I do not know how its possible but Im getting severe flashbacks to being in theater just by looking at it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

paradoxGentleman posted:

okay no sorry I can't let this go
what does this mean and why

I think they are talking about the animated movie about groceries. Beyond that I don't understand it either.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The show in general doesn't interest me, but I really like Vivziepop's style. The spider guy in particular has a very just pleasing design.

The animation in the pilot is pretty rough though. The music video looks great

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Macaluso posted:

The show in general doesn't interest me, but I really like Vivziepop's style. The spider guy in particular has a very just pleasing design.

Yeah, I like he switches between cute (with that :3: demon pig :3: especially) and threatening (the silhouette shot, the giant toothy snarl) and completely vulnerable/exhausted without any of them looking out of place on him. Plus he's got a lot of neat little bit shots, like the second where he casually kicks someone in the face.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
quarantine cultivating a lot of spider horny among y'all

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Pick posted:

quarantine cultivating a lot of spider horny among y'all

Animation was built on horny

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
this is spider horny

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

this is spider horny

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Speaking of horse horny, the new Jenny Nicholson video about bronies is out

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pick posted:

Speaking of horse horny, the new Jenny Nicholson video about bronies is out

No thank you.

I got nothing against Jenny Nicholson, but I really don't want to watch that. I'll leave that to the historians (or should I say HORSEtorians! Ha!)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I watched it live. It was ok.

I'm glad she ends by pointing out how incredibly queer the fanbase is now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Isn't there a brony civil war going on due to Nazis?

Wtf do they call Nazi cloppers anyway?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

FilthyImp posted:

Isn't there a brony civil war going on due to Nazis?

Wtf do they call Nazi cloppers anyway?

It's really just /mlp/ throwing a fit on derpibooru and the admins there being dumb enough to fall for free speech appeals.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Pick posted:

this is spider horny

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Roth posted:

It's really just /mlp/ throwing a fit on derpibooru and the admins there being dumb enough to fall for free speech appeals.

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I don't really understand what's going on. What does the /mlp/ crowd want that they're not getting, aren't they the majority of MLP fans?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea the style is alright but I don’t like the designs. Gives me a very angsty teenager vibe.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Invalid Validation posted:

Yea the style is alright but I don’t like the designs. Gives me a very angsty teenager vibe.
EDIT: wrong thing, but yeah this is the kind of art by people who consumed a lot of Invader Zim and other Hot Topic darlings and never really moved on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I never moved on but I don’t want anything to do with sexy spiders