Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Movie theaters are fantastic and the only way Mitchell’s would have been better is if my first time seeing it was on a giant screen with a bunch of people laughing at the jokes with me. Are you all not sick of sitting on your couch and watching new releases after 18+ months of that? And yeah, theaters going out of business would also just devastate so many people’s livelihoods. Go to the fuckin theater please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Larryb posted:

I definitely remember there being a Spawn cartoon at least (I think it was on Fox) but I don’t recall whether said show was aimed at kids or not (they did make one based on Mortal Kombat though).

It was on HBO and was not targeted to kids. You’re maybe thinking of the USA Savage Dragon show, which was targeted towards kids?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Toy Story 4 is very good imo

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Turning Red is basically Ang Lee's Hulk, except specifically about being incredibly thirsty for animes.

It's obvious why the incels hate it, but it's still a surprise that they don't find that aspect relatable.

Folks when he’s right, he’s right

In other news I got to see The Mitchells vs The Machines tonight in an actual movie theater which was a wonderful experience since it had already been one of my favorite films of 2021. So fun to enjoy that beautiful, hilarious film in a full theater of appreciative viewers. Even better afterwards there was a short talk with Mike Rianda and Abby Jacobson! Lord and Miller were supposed to be there too but they apparently tested positive for COVID. :/
But Rianda is a hoot in person, so funny and energetic and gracious for all the love and support his film has gotten.
Super cool guy and I can’t wait for his next project.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Hedrigall for god’s sake please stop being loving weird about Zootopia you JUST got a probe for it

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Hedrigall posted:

:sickos:

2022 is proceeding splendidly

Jesus Christ stop this

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Hedrigall posted:

Do you only post in this thread to react to me

Most of the time there’s good animation talk that I enjoy reading and then there’s you who consistently posts about getting horny for kids movies despite being probated multiple times for it and being told to stop. So yeah you actively impede my enjoyment of this thread. Let’s not normalize getting horny at animated characters in a kids movie imo

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Handen posted:

I turned to the person I was watching this with as soon as the black screen credits started to roll and commented something similar: John Mulaney just got out of rehab for a coke addiction not long ago. At what point during this film's production was John Mulaney coked out enough to warrant rehabilitation? Because this seems like the kind of movie that would only result from a very acute and very persistent cocaine problem lasting for at least the duration of the pre-production or production phase of a very scatterbrained animated film.

Edit: I appear to have ruffled some feathers with Kimba so I should state that I both haven't seen it and also have no idea what the gently caress I'm talking about.

Mulaney had nothing to do with this film creatively other than voicing a character as far as I’m aware. Probably took two to three days of work tops. This is more a Lonely Island film, and has similar energy to their other movies.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Oh wow that looks like a feast for the eyes

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Huh

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Sir Lemming posted:

Apparently it's a tax write-off thing. From some pure number crunching standpoint they might have a better chance to break even if they don't go through the expense of marketing the movies.

(Unless this IS the marketing :tinfoil: )

Ah, the “Producers” method

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Treasure Island isn’t that good.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Some crazy lion king takes happening itt rn

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Aristocats is obviously a lesser Disney but it’s weirdly the one Disney VHS my Nana had so we watched it uhhhh roughly EVERY Saturday for the first 10 or so years of my life? It’s absolutely the Disney animated feature I’ve seen the most. It’s like second hand nature to me. Baked into my brain.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Just vile what they are doing to these artists’ hard work. Just vile.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I have no mouth and I must WAHOOO!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It looks like Mario…but…something seems wrong? Are his arms slightly longer than usual? And his eyes slightly smaller?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The animatic is nice and I love Alex Brightman but the Beetlejuice musical is nigh unlistenable and I truly don’t get the fandom around it lol

Also I’m an actor/singer who performs in and loves musicals so I listen to a lot of them

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Y’all seen A Strange Loop? Just saw it last night.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I didn’t realize Patrick McHale was involved! That’s absolutely perfect material for him. Even more excited now.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Velma sucks but I also, as a Scooby Doo fan, thought Meddling Kids was practically unreadable. Just dogshit writing.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Boxman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooZdaF2zMlM

These second/third tier animation studios making Disney's house style look worse and worse lol

Hooooooly poo poo this looks incredible. This looks like the TMNT movie I’ve always wanted. I didn’t know this movie existed two days ago but now it’s one of my most anticipated of the year.

Edit: the writer of this is the co-writer and co-director of Mitchell’s Vs The Machines which was an absolutely hilarious, heartfelt film so hopefully he’s not too harangued by Nickelodeon and the script is solid. I’m optimistic.

Conrad_Birdie fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 7, 2023

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Animated films are doing fine. Ruby Gillman is gonna do badly because it looks like poo poo and the trailers have looked like poo poo.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It looks like a weird mishmash of Luca and Turning Red, it’s that old fashioned Dreamworks thing where they steal Pixar’s steez a year or so later, except worse! I thought they were over that!!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Macaluso posted:

I wouldn't compare it to Luca and Turning Red at all, it looks like the same style as Smallfoot

It’s a movie about a girl going through puberty who when water falls on her turns into a sea monster and then at the end she fights a giant evil version of what she is

The style might be more Smallfoot style but I’m talking about the plot points as revealed in the trailers thus far

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

mystes posted:

I don't see why everyone is hating on Ruby Gillman right now. Yes, the trailers didn't look that good, but maybe at least wait a couple days for there to be reviews of the actual movie first?

You’re allowed to have opinions on whether things look good or not. That’s how you choose what you want to watch.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Again, it is fully ok to decide a movie looks bad before you see it!

Maybe you end up being wrong, and the good reviews and reactions change your mind and you see it later on.

But it’s not a morally bad thing to say a movie looks boring and you’re not interested in seeing it before it comes out! That’s a personal opinion! You’re allowed to have it!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Arthur kicks rear end, especially the first three or four years of episodes. Big Hey Arnold, Doug, slice of life vibes. Very influential and informative to me growing up. Super funny. I still watch those classic episodes fairly often. I find them very calming.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Wow, a voice acting legend. Essentially created an archetype

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Is she not just running through a ray of light right there? If you zoom in, she is definitely colored. It’s just bright shades of her normal colors?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
My hot take is The Incredibles is a great movie

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Well…I finally saw Elemental on Friday and I really liked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Pixeltendo posted:

Zaslav using his ACME trap to shutdown the Roadrunner movie but it hurts him instead.

Lol