Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Has anyone watched Balto recently? We just watched that live action Togo movie and now I'm kinda itching to revisit the historically inaccurate original.

Balto is, overall, a good movie with some really excellent stylistic choices and super great animation on so many elements. Sadly its handicapped by:
1) A relatively formulaic script about the outsider proving himself by saving the town and getting the girl
2) Over-reliance on comic relief characters (Who are well animated but still...)
3) The main character having the most snore-inducing design possible

I mean seriously, Balto is just brown, brown and more brown. Only the antagonists get interesting designs and animations. Compare and contrast:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

I remember in a recent iteration of this thread someone posted screenshots of two villain dobermans from some movie, and it took several pages before someone finally noticed and asked "hey why do they have human shoulders?"

I didn't believe you for a minute, then i went looking for it.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 30, 2020

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

That’s a specific as heck term you use there fella

Also wrong. Wolf is not wearing jodhpurs! As we can clearly see, he's wearing ordinary trousers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1NuN_bCXjk

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I would've preferred if they had not had Sonic befriend a cop too, but I think they made it work by having him be like, THE cop in a small town where everyone knows him and depends on him just as like, a person.

Is this cop character a bad guy working for Dr. Eggman or something?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

ghost sex posted:

there is a 100% overlap between furries horny for the dad bod kaiju and furries horny for bowser

We all know its true.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

oh hey, another gorgeously animated(mostly) music video featuring Dan Avidan from the Game Grumps, hell yeah. and it's cyberpunk furries, too. the design on the evil mafia reindeer being a cyborg body in a suit with a pyramid for a head that projects a majestic neon hologram head and antlers is extremely good

other parts are a bit silly like the wolf riding the bullet and some bits are a bit awkwardly animated but eh it's all good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuHe9lm5vUE&hd=1

I'm really digging the resurgence of the 80's animation aesthetic, but polished and modernized, to go with the sick synthwave.
Though I'm not sure if electronica and furries have some kind of overlap, after this and the Lone Digger video.

Edit: I kinda thought he was going to tear his shirt off while drama-riding the bullet to show his broken heart before plunging into the cyber-stag's heart.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 28, 2020

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Special Effects Academy Award Nominee: Sonic the Hedgehog

First Oscar Winning video game movie. Its the comeback story of a generation.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Cockmaster posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/10/21216864/robin-hood-remake-disney-plus-exclusive-animation-cgi

It was bound to happen, and now it is: Disney is now doing the "CGI remake" thing with Robin Hood. Except that this one is going to be a Disney+ exclusive.

What do you suppose the odds are that this will end up not sucking?

Well, if they decide to make it look 'photoreal' like the latest Lion King, it will be horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Boxman posted:

gently caress it just re-use the Nick Wilde assets, bring Jason Bateman back

I'm trying very hard to find problems with this idea, and I just can't.