Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

paradoxGentleman posted:

okay no sorry I can't let this go
what does this mean and why

I think they are talking about the animated movie about groceries. Beyond that I don't understand it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Over The Moon was fine. Unfortunately the plot was kind off shallow. But the music and the super luminescent world was fun. This is most definitely the most colorful movie I've seen in a while.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Okay, yeah, movie is actually great!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

Wow Disney hitting the streaming hard.

Good to see they remember Tiana.

I sure didn't. I actually had to look up what that was, because they went with another name around here.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I like Pixar movies, but I heard Soul had something to do with jazz, which I deeply dislike. Should I skip the movie? I do have Disney+, but I don't really want to try it out if I will personally hate it anyway.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Well, I guess I am the anti-target audience for this movie than. Too bad. It's just not for me and I have to accept that.
Maybe one day someone will make a movie for someone like me. An absolutely white, hetero cis-male. I bet nobody has ever made a movie about and for that kind of person. :v:

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Dec 27, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

dennyk posted:

If you actively hate jazz, you're probably going to have a bad time; there's a fair amount on the soundtrack. If you're just indifferent to jazz (and/or music in general), it won't really be that bad; might be a couple parts where you're a bit bored and un-engaged for a few minutes, but it's still an enjoyable enough movie.

Unfortunately it's the former. Jazz is weird. I basically like music from every single genre, but that one is somehow both boring and overbearing. Also, for some reason I get headaches from the sound of saxophones. Oh, and I don't like pretentious jazz people. All of that makes me stay away from that movie.

Too bad really, I heard early stuff about it and I heard about some story about ghosts needing to come back and the animation was neat. But that's an absolute deal breaker.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

I just came here to make this exact post and rave about the Soul soundtrack.

This one made me cry. It's played over the final piano scene where Joe lays out 22's things on the piano and the gorgeous night shots of NYC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNXY1av-NUE

This one plays a few times but you hear it fully during the end credits and is beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtcPriBV65U

Great Beyond is just a really good ambient track (which is no surprise considering Trent Reznor loves playing in that genre).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_PhLde3QUA

These ones are really good and make me reconsider skipping the movie.

The_Doctor posted:

Jon Batiste's jazz pieces are also utterly fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKJcpAwcNbc

This is messy garbage on par with standing next to a jackhammer.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 31, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The cat in Soul is not cute.

Big Hero 6 had a way better cat.
https://bighero6.fandom.com/wiki/Mochi

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Pick posted:

no one tell hedrigall what Jungle Cruise is actually about, let him hope

It's a supply ship for Fordlandia.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Mitchells vs the Machines is out now, have there been any reviews of it yet? I might watch it this weekend if I get time

E: oh wow a lot of good reviews https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_mitchells_vs_the_machines

Saw it a few hours ago. It was heartfelt, funny and had an enjoyable artstyle. But there's a young boy who has a (heterosexual) crush, so based on the previous page, this movie isn't for you.
Also for what it's worth, with regards to representation: In a throwaway line at the end, the main girl is in a lesbian relationship. Don't worry, it can be easily removed for the Chinese market.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 30, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

FunkyAl posted:

What did the machines have to say?

Silicon Valley tech bros suck. Big revelation there.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 30, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

perepelki posted:

well it's debatable...

I guess there wouldn't be clear guidelines about social media in the original documents.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

The Orb nonsensically restores the Dragons *this time* for some reason I guess the missing ingredient was Blind Human Trust, and then the Dragons revive Raya from the water, which technically shouldn't exist because it vanished when Raya died... though they did say that the Dragons brought water so maybe that's the justification

It's a fookin mess.

Just saw the movie and that part at least kinda made sense. The orb restored the dragons, which brought back the water before Sisu returned. Boy, I sure hope none of the panicked people evacuating their city where trying to flee their ransacked island through the dry river bed!

Movie was okay, nothing really inspiring. The animation was good and there were some pretty colors.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Phylodox posted:

If Jean-Ralphio can play Sonic, Andy can play Mario. Looking forward to Leslie Knope as Samus.

I sort of love that idea. Have her be mega enthusiastic about bounty hunting regulations and xenobiology.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I saw Encanto. It was nice, but could have done away with all that family drama.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

SCheeseman posted:

Almost every trailer for a Lonely Island-associated movie has been awful.

To be fair, most of those movies turned out to be kinda bad. Palm Springs was fun, though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

I’ll fight you, Popstar and Hot Rod are both amazing

I'll admit I haven't seen Hot Rod.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'll admit I haven't seen Hot Rod.

I changed this today. That movie was stupid but in a fun way. I think it may have been in on the joke.
Popstar is still awful.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
There's a billboard for "The Bad Guys" next to my home and I am weirdly irritated by the fact that there's a mammal, a reptilian a bug and two fish. Every time I walk past that billboard I keep thinking that this stupid little piranha should have been an amphibian. Well I guess Disney owns the concept of amphibias nowadays.

Granted, I know literally nothing about that movie and maybe that's part of the plot, where a poisonous frog was a former gang member, before they had their falling out, shortly before they met that piranha. But this overrepresentation of fish is just not right.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 1, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Married with Children was just a lesser Unhappily Ever After :colbert:

Honestly, I agree. Especially the later seasons where they trimmed the superfluous characters.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Hawkperson posted:

Sea Beast was interesting. I don't regret watching it but it didn't quite settle with me. The "you'll pay for making this deal" thing getting totally dropped does suck a lot of tension out of the movie. Very beautiful though.

Hehe, I didn't even notice that one. You're right, of course.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Pixeltendo posted:

or why did they wait until Buzz came back to decommission the cat?

I think that was just a big coincidence. He happened to come back on the day the new boss with his new ideas moved into his office.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Willo567 posted:

so there's a scene in that pinocchio remake where he smells horse poo poo

gently caress disney

I don't understand this complaint. At least not the significance of it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

an egg posted:

:( what a waste of time and inspiration

But in the end, it was all worth it for the sweet tax write-off.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Class3KillStorm posted:

The face is similar to his in-game model, but slightly more oval and narrower, which is a weird uncanny valley if you're really into the games. I'm also a little weirded out by him having a collared shirt under the overalls (as opposed to a plain long-sleeve shirt), and that unnecessary notch in the gloves.

Like, it's fine and I'm sure it will look okay in motion, but it's just a bunch of tiny small changes that don't add up to anything except slightly off-putting if you're someone very familiar with the normal Mario design that hasn't really changed in a decade or more.

It's weird how a fictional character can invoke uncanny valley compared to other iterations of himself, but that's totally a thing here.
You look at it and don't think about the (less than subtle) differences to a real human, but rather the minimal changes to a real Mario.

Maybe it's especially weird, because it's a full frontal shot though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The Mario movie makes me a bit sad, I like all those actors, except the main. I really want to know how Anya Taylor Joy and Charlie Day sound in their roles.

It really feels like someone made a really great list of a voice cast and some exec who was supposed to rubber stamp it insisted to replace the lead with Chris Pratt in order to get better numbers.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 8, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That Puss In Boots movie was really great. I loved the wolf.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Sourdough Sam posted:

The wolf was amazing.

Dunno if it's an unpopular opinion but I thought John Mulaney as Big Jack Horner was hilarious. His character design is so intentionally unappealing and odd to look at but the performance and animation made that work. His hands are the size of his head if not bigger and his eyes are tiny, but he was delightful.

I agree. Although as a non native English speaker. The origin of that character from a stupid little nursery rhyme was completely lost on me.
That guy had just one dream. Was that to much to ask?!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

sethsez posted:

There's been a real lack of compelling villains in animated films lately, so it was nice of Puss in Boots 2 to give us two fantastic ones.

I also liked Goldi. But that was mainly Florence Pugh's performance.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

HJE-Cobra posted:

Oh poo poo that is a real functional phone number you can call or text
So what does it do? I'm not making an international phone call just to find out.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Das Boo posted:

So did everyone think the blue, four-fingered girl with the tentacle hair wasn't a kraken? Is it one of those "I"m just foreign!" jokes?

I'm assuming, that she was such a massive shut-in that nobody ever bothered to look. Alternatively concealment magic, since a kraken wizard did it. From the trailer, it sounds like that mermaid can see right through that and assumes that eventually the rest will too.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
One day we will finally get live action Pirates of the Caribean!

But I feel like Dwayne needs to gain a lot of bulk, to make the portrayal accurate. Alternatively, They'll CGI him to make him like 3 times as wide. Just Dwayne Johnson, but stretched in the horizontal plane.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 3, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The problem with that is that goat eyes are incredibly creepy and would disturb all children in the audience.
Also I am not a fan of 'realistic' portrayals of animals in animated movies. That's mostly why the CGI Lion King sucked so much. It was mostly quasi-realistic big cats opening their mouths without any stylistic freedom and with barely any visible emotion.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
One day, a helpless child was gently pushed in a petting zoo by a goat who wanted food. That day, this child lost it's innocence and began to see the bad in other creatures. That child was me! But it was also you and you as this story kept repeating itself over the decades. Goats need to be ostracized for what they did.

Actually, goats themselves are really cute, if a bit stinky and unruly. I love them. But yeah, a highly detailed realistic animated goat seems terrifying.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

teagone posted:

HTTYD's score also slaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpPIK4T068s

Still gives me goosebumps just listening to this track and imagining the sequence, lol. What a great scene.

John Powell is absolutely one of the all-time greatest.
I only need to hear this soundtrack and I can perfectly visualize what happened during the sequence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OWEO94mNMk

EDIT: I just spent an hour listening to the score and watching some youtube musicians reaction to it.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Aug 13, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, was the Shenmue anime from a little while back any good?

What do you think?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
If you take Shenmue and skip the menial tedious stuff, what's even left?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I never understood why people liked that franchise.

But it was truly impressive how decades later the third part appeared and fixed precisely zero of the previous problems and continued at the exact change of pace with the story. It's like the producers lived in a void and haven't seen any piece of media ever since. It feels like some sort of abstract outsider art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

While anxiety is an important emotion, especially for teenage girls, I don't really see how it would not fall under the jurisdiction of Fear.
Is there also nervousness, dread and panic?
Especially, since the end of the first movie established, that everyone else also has exactly those five emotions. So either, having anxiety is super rare, or the concept is just getting established in this world.

What I'm saying is that they should have focused the sequel on Tony Hale's character instead.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 9, 2023