Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Audiobooks, podcasts, radio dramas, etc. don't fit into my life. Any time I'd be listening to one, I'd also be capable of reading, and I can read faster than people can talk. Trying to force myself to listen, I end up distracted and not absorbing what is said. I find it annoying how much interesting-looking content is only accessible in spoken form.

The very concept of an audiobook isn't something I can like, therefore. Are you just objecting to the use of the word "hate" in this instance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It seemed obvious to me that the person was talking strictly about how they can relate to the things.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Toy Story 4 is not really a continuation of its predecessors. Rather, it takes their established concept of living toys whose lives revolve around being playthings, and tells a new story about faith and community using their same vocabulary.

Necessary? Certainly not. Each of the previous ones was already a complete story requiring no further elaboration. But that's not the right metric to judge it by. No movie really needs to exist, y'know?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Is there still supposed to be a Mario Illumination movie happening?

Last anyone's heard, it's still planned for a 2022 release.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

These days it's less common to embed a pilot for one show inside of another show, so you'd probably get your wish w.r.t. Sherlock Holmes.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I've heard that some of the few drive-in theaters still in operation are planning to reopen. It's later than the change in seasons would normally allow, and there are caveats like limited capacity and online ordering of concessions and carefully managed access to restrooms. Could be a golden opportunity for drive-ins that've toughed it out this long.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Atlantis had the kind of premise, plot, and cast that would've made a killer limited TV series. But it came along before Avatar proved that serial adventure cartoons could succeed. Its short running time ruined it, but that's the compromise it probably had to make in order to exist at all.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Three Forbidden Caballeros

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J9V7JxxA-k

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Everything is its own thing. Even most of the episodes are effectively standalone.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Is there even a way to see Lupin III The First?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

All sorts of businesses are afflicted with leaders who'd rather feel in control than succeed.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Toy Story is a series of movies about religion. I see no thematic reason why they couldn't make as many of these movies as they want, with Woody growing a bit more enlightened in each outing. After all, the path toward better knowing and serving God is without end.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think that Steven Universe has metaphors which can be interpreted in good faith as bearing a meaning that some viewers disapprove of on moral grounds, but which do not necessitate such interpretation.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The cast of Scooby-Doo is iconic and well-balanced. It's not an accident that this is so: there were countless groups of wacky adventuring teens before them across multiple media, and there have been countless imitators after them. Any one of them could have been the one that proved memorable. They're just the survivors.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Even when the villain of the week is supernatural, they're still also conducting an elaborate deception in order to conceal a crime because they weren't satisfied with their position of authority and renown. The heroes, seeking no reward but the restoration of justice, defeat them through courage and skepticism. It's a distinctly modern message that has nevertheless resonated across generations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think Guillermo Del Toro's Pinocchio (which is very good) is probably still recent enough to count as a current movie.