Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Is advent children something to watch? Does it answer any ff7 questions or just kinda add shot that’s unnecessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Any recommendations for Soul like movies

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

madey posted:

We turned the movie off during the credits, was there a post credits scene with 22's reaction to being born a uighur after previewing life on earth in NYC?

yah it's Mulan 2 she machine guns a bunch of PLA it's absolutely insane

BioEnchanted posted:

With Soul, I read that historical figure joke less as "Haha they are secretly assholes irl" and more as 22 was being such a pain in the rear end that even mother theresa couldn't deal

that was literally how they wanted you to read it

also MT sucks rear end

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

cant cook creole bream posted:

I like Pixar movies, but I heard Soul had something to do with jazz, which I deeply dislike. Should I skip the movie? I do have Disney+, but I don't really want to try it out if I will personally hate it anyway.

i mean theres a lot of talk about jazz being pointless so

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

dude I dont like Reggaeton. Like at all. But I'm not going to avoid a good movie because of it. SOme of you are loving weird about Jazz goddamn

I'm gonna make an animated movie about J Alfred Prufrock and put weezer on the soundtrack when he agonizes about posting himself eating a peach

Some of you will really relate to this scene

shame I'll probably have to skip watching my own movie cuz I hate weezer

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ruddiger posted:

I had a gun pulled on me in that Italian barbershop back in the day. I love my hometown. :clint:

go on

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Larryb posted:

Back In Action still remains the only good Looney Tunes movie (mostly because it was more about them than it was the human actors, or at the very least the two sides got fairly equal billing). Also I’ve always been a Daffy fan so it was pretty good in that regard as well.

Out of curiosity though, was there ANYTHING good about New Legacy? I’m almost tempted to watch the film myself just to see how much of a trainwreck it is.

I mean, the original Space Jam wasn’t a good movie either but I at least remember having some fun with it as a kid but the best thing I’ve seen about the sequel from the trailers so far is the “shoot the ball” gag and Daffy once again seeming to be the highlight of the film, any other worthwhile moments besides that?

the michael jordan cameo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

Does Space Jam 2 have the Animaniacs?

no but they left the droogs from A Clockwork Orange

im not even shitposting they are still in there

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FunkyAl posted:

They aren't the droogs. They are the gang from the film Alex watches during to ludovico treatment.

I was saying “droourns”

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Td44FuR474

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ccs posted:

The director of that Marmaduke movie was one of the vfx supervisors on both Jurassic Park and Terminator 2. And he directed Spawn.

That's certainly a way for a career to go.

If I kidnapped a famous South Korean director and told him to direct my Hazbin Hotel fanfic starring totally OC self insert he would do it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

this isn't the Animation- thread

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Rise of GRU trailer had Lose Yourself

Is there a licensing firesale on oldies right now or

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ccs posted:

So that Bad Guys movie looked really cool. It’s like Miyazaki’s pre-ghibli style brought to life in cg. That fox lady, her movements were.... well studied. This movie will create many furries.

Lowtax truly is dead

Das Boo posted:

I was expecting some Cats: Butthole Cut poo poo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

CaptainCrunch posted:

Please, let none of us overlook the epitome of animating on horny that were the glitter tigers in Zootopia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F70Uyg0jnsQ

this is Fanta commercial erasure

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I5vUHasopY

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Sivart13 posted:

I want to watch the Rescue Rangers movie but now I'm wondering if I should watch it with my 5yo kid or not? Since it seems like it might be a bunch of references that will go over her head.

She's also in a phase where she gets extreme second-hand embarassment from tons of stuff in movies and TV shows and has to run out of the room so that's a general argument for not looping her in when I want to pay attention to a movie.

It’s not graphic but like other goon said a lot of the implications of the bootleg are pretty dark

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Data Graham posted:

On the subject of The Lion King, I figure I might as well post this here since I apparently never have. It's from when I was in charge of a TLK discussion forum and much of the online fandom, and in 2004 (the 10th anniversary) ASIFA held a panel get-together in Glendale for which I played hooky from work midweek and drove down from San Jose to attend. Apologies for the wall-of-text and the Iraq-war-era listserv formatting, but some here might find it amusing.

Holy hell you love the Lion King

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hedrigall posted:

I finally got to see The Bad Guys with some friends today

Really liked it, don't have a lot to say except i was pleasantly surprised that Mr Snake turned out to be the emotional center of the movie kinda? Or at least the friendship between him and Mr Wolf was like the emotional focus of the story.

From the trailers I assumed Mr Snake would just be one of the ensemble, like the wacky dirtbag one who likes to eat guinea pigs. I really liked that he was actually a character with depth. My favourite character of the movie.

yah was dece

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

yeah Jack Black was the best voice by far

Chris Pratt was surprisingly not distractingly bad. Like it wasn't great or particularly good (and doesn't justify not picking a better voice or even just Charles Martinet

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

detective pikachu was like making the MCU by starting with a spiderpig movie

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

if you aren't taking your kids to see 1993 Mario and telling them that's the Mario movie you are raising weaklings

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Rhonne posted:

John Leguizamo should play Waluigi.

i still have in my head the commercial where he says "DESTROY MARIO" and JL could totally do that voice

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it's 1488 if the tradwoman holding a weapon is subservient to a man and also holding a baby

otherwise it's feminazism

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

god i hope they lose all their money on the ezra movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

those Smash Bros initiative jokes seem more and more inevitable by the 100 million