Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

ThermoPhysical posted:

New Scoob! trailer drops Thursday!

Huh, didn't expect this but the apparent bad guy is Dick Dastardly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

ThermoPhysical posted:

Someone from 4chan claims they saw Scoob! early and is spreading spoilers on Twitter and Reddit and also trying to kill hype for the movie. Unfortunately, they're succeeding...but it's also Twitter. At least be careful if you go and look at comments to the official Twitter account for the movie.

Are they doing it for the same reasons they wanted to kill hype for Captain Marvel? Because I was already going to watch it but if chuds hate it then now I'm going to be watching it really hard (if my city lifts lockdown on time)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

dirksteadfast posted:

I’m all for a Hanna-Barbera cinematic universe if they just go off the deep end immediately. Like the mid-credits scene of Scoob is setting up the Hair Bear Bunch meet the Funky Phantom and no one has any idea what is going on.

So... did you watch the Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated series?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

In the live action Mulan the hawk is actually a shapeshifting witch who the Huns treat as a slave. Extremely Nagini vibes here.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The rule seems to be that once a child plays with you then you become a toy and thus self-aware. In addition, once you have become self-aware you don't go back to being unaware even if you go back to being used as decoration.

Thus, Bobeep having been played with by Andy and Molly, gained sentience and continued to have it even once she went back to being treated as just a lamp (and thus decoration) by the antique shop.

But all the Buzz Lightyears in Toy Story 2 are alive prior to being played with so clearly the metaphysics of the series deserves closer study

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

fauna posted:

that was poor phrasing on my part actually, kids do watch the same movie over and over, just they usually prefer to choose what movie that is

I drove my mom nuts taking her to the theater to see Land Before Time over and over. Then eventually, I discovered that movies eventually left the theaters they were showing in, and that Land Before Time had been replaced by Back to the Future III. And that's the story of how I came to love Back to the Future.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The princess team up at the end was everything I wanted out of Kingdom Hearts 3 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Ignis posted:

It's better than Onward, at least. Movie looks great and the soundtrack is probably one of the best Pixar soundtracks I've heard in some time. Also Tina Fey earned that guest writing credit for that jab at the basketball team, no way in hell she didn't write that one.

Is the basketball thing a reference I'm not getting?

Ignis posted:

E: the ending was a bit of a cop out, I'd bet they didn't want to commit to having the main character die after the miserable hell of a year we've all had.

I liked it. I'm way too tired of seeing stories where the dead person needs to accept that they're dead and move on. I ain't having any of that poo poo when I become a ghost! But also, narratively, it makes sense for him to get another chance, because the movie is about learning what life is about, not about dying and death.