Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
You should play Intergalactic Fishing if you haven't. It's super chill and very charming.

Filament is making me feel really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

explosivo posted:

Session or Skate XL; are either of these games worthy successors to Skate or worth playing in their current states?

Skate XL is pretty dope. It uses a very similar flipping mechanic for ollies/nollies except that nollies (and fakie ollies) are done with the left thumbstick instead of pushing forward on the right. Also, you have to grab the board with your front, back or both feet using the triggers.

People are making some nice videos with it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCvN8S-Boec

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Since we're talking about the EGS sale in here, let me ask you if Control is worth $20?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

explosivo posted:

Nthing Control, get it on sale now because for $30 ($20?) it's a steal. I think it drags in the latter third or so of the game personally but I loved everything about the setting, story, and gameplay.

It's $20 with the -$10 coupon that's auto applied on purchase.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Mad Max was great. They really nailed the desolate beauty vibe I was hoping for. The only part I really didn't care for was the extended mole-man underground part.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

SardonicTyrant posted:

Any good co-op top-down shooters? I finished The Hex, and that scene where you land on an alien planet with synthwave blarring was my jam.

From a couple of days ago, but check out SYNTHETIK: Legion Rising. It's great. Guns feel awesome in it and the co op is apparently really good (only played solo). It's on sale at GOG right now.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

so trying to play SYNTHETIK immediately after all my Enter the Gungeon bingeing will end very badly for me, huh :v:

Movement is important in a different way. You need to rush out, get a bead, make headshots, and then dive back in to cover. You don't want to juke and shoot. If you do that your reticule will be 3 inches in circumference. You also have to reload your guns manually (use the spacebar), can waste ammo dropping a non-empty clip, and can get gun jams.

The game rocks. Just play it. You'll love it.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Yeah, yeah EGS, but Hades is on sale for $19.99 and with the sale coupon you can get it for $9.99 which is a loving steal. That game is so good and content-rich it's crazy.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Wow. They've already hit $1.5 million.
I'm broke as gently caress but I'm throwing $5 towards it.

e: Here's a sortable list of all the games

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 7, 2020

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

spent a few minutes clicking through the itch.io bundle and pulled together beacon, extreme meatpunks forever, minit, night in the woods, tongiht we riot, verdant skies and vilmonic into a folder. were mainly the big ones i'd initially had my eye on.

pretty excited to check these all out

Don't forget Babysitter Bloodbath

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Anno posted:

Has anyone played much Stoneshard? I got it at release because it’s such a striking looking game but decided to give it some time before I actually played it.

The RL thread was mostly guarded to negative. A lot of the dislike comes from how slow it plays. You have to watch a very slow walking animation between each cell. Also, most of the skills are locked out because they haven't been implemented.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Been really zenning out on shapez.io recently. It's like a chill-rear end version of Factorio. Instead of turning oil into petroleum into rocket fuel or whatever, you turn grey circles and squares into other shapes. Then you add color. Then you start stacking. Then you start optimizing. It's great fun.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

beats for junkies posted:

it's shapez.io, and that screenshot sold me on it better than the earlier description did, so thanks!

Sorry about that. I'm not very good at descriptive writing. Game good. Buy game.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Are there any utilities that won't steal all my personal data and inventory that allows me to bulk sell my Steam trading cards?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

tight aspirations posted:

Steam Economy Enhancer's pretty decent for listing them, and steam seems to have given up the need for authenticating each card sale on the market.

Thanks - I'll check it out.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

EXO ONE has a demo out for the steam summer festival thingy. I backed this game on kickstarter and played one of the earliest demos and it's INCREDIBLY rad, you're basically a flying sphere going through all kinds of weird planets.

This poo poo is rad.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

There are too many loving games coming out.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Man, that Carrion demo is so much fun.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Jamfrost posted:

Well... There is a slow-mode available now to put the brakes on chat speed.
-
Outer Wilds seems neat so far.

Outer Wilds is one of the best games of all time IMO. I wish, so much, that I could play it again the first time.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Make sure to join the Summer Gift Train thread. Give something, get something.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

So I've got a couple of funbux from selling cards and am thinking about picking up LISA: The Painful. Any opinions?

Also, I've never been able to beat Hades. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't do it. I always end up losing too much health to those loving regenerating armor dudes in Elysium. Because of them, I rarely beat Theseus and the Minotaur. I'm probably choosing terrible power combos or something?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Spoke Lee posted:

Any good games come out aping Slay The Spire?

Get Monster Train.

Re: Invisible Inc. - I feel like I must be missing something that others find compelling about it. I've tried to play it 4 or 5 times but bounce off it hard each time. Something about the timer gets my panic centers going (not the mission timer; the campaign timer). It makes me feel like I have to rush everything and am always behind the power curve. I can't get past that.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Hollow Knight is a game that was obviously made with great love and care. I absolutely cannot stand paying it though and will never get the cult-like devotion it bred on the internet.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

OK sorry - "cult-like" is the wrong way to put it. It's just that I've come across several instances of people getting borderline hostile when discussing the (IMO) various weaknesses of the game. That's where I'm coming from.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

New Superhot owns bones.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Is the main gameplay loop of Lobotomy Corporation actually fun, or is it more of a chore to get through just so you get the next bit of lore? Just asking cause it's 50% off right now and I've heard mostly good things about it, but nothing specific w/r/t how it plays.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Dying Light is $13.50. Is it worth a purchase? I bounced off of Dead Island and Dead Rising but enjoyed State of Decay.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Quill posted:

For that price it's an easy recommend from me. The movement mechanics alone make it more entertaining than any of the other titles you mentioned, because traversing the huge maps gets fast and dynamic as you unlock more skills. The day-night cycle is also a good addition and helps ensure that things stay challenging enough all the way through. Story is decent enough and offers plenty of side quests, with tragedy, comedy and everything in between. Co-op is fun and works great, though keep in mind that quest progress is tied to the host.

Internet Explorer posted:

It's easily worth $13.50 regardless.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Depends on why you bounced of Dead Island. The gameplay of Dying Light is basically Dead Island, But Better In Every Way

Thanks! You folks have sold me on it.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

This probably should go in the unpopular vg opinions thread, but La-Mulana is a terrible game with awful controls.

Its popularity is a mystery to me. I guess some people just like slamming their nuts in a drawer repeatedly.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Oldstench posted:

Hollow Knight is a game that was obviously made with great love and care. I absolutely cannot stand paying it though and will never get the cult-like devotion it bred on the internet.

Quoting my own post to let you know that after discussing it with the thread, I started playing it again and found that I am actually (mostly) enjoying it immensely. I still have a couple of complaints, but I just want to say that I was wrong. It's good. drat good.

Negatives:
  • I still hate that the Wayward Compass is even a thing.
  • Long runs back to a boss that killed you sucks rear end.
  • I wish there were health bars for the bosses at least.
  • The game is Too drat Big. New areas just keep opening up. It's nuts. I'm at a point where I can't get past these black geyser things. I have no idea where I should be going to find the tool I need to pass this. There are no hints that I can find. It's just frustrating.
Positives:
  • Everything else. Controls, graphics, sound, music, presentation, gameplay, combat, etc., etc.
Good loving game. Shame it took me 3 years to realize it.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Antigravitas posted:

But I dislike how Unity still can't do smooth 2D.

This is from 2 days ago, but Hollow Knight was made in Unity and that's smooth as butter.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Is Frostpunk worth $12?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Pleads posted:

Regardless of game quality, thank you for reminding me that I bought this and it has Pyre, which I shall now try.

I need a Chrome extension that lets me know if something was in that stupid bundle any time I look at the store page of a game.

https://randombundlegame.com/browse

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Gonna give a recommend to ΔV: Rings of Saturn. Elevator pitch would be hard sci-fi Asteroids. If you are into chill space mining in a heavily physics-based sandbox, this is your game. It's still in EA but it is system complete. The dev is constantly adding new stuff however, and listens to feedback. Definitely worth the $5 on sale.

e: there is a full demo available that just doesn't let you save.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Nioh 2? Yeah/nah?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Forza! Forza! Forza!
Is it playable with a controller or do you need a wheel?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Another Forza Horizon 4 question. I know that 5 is coming soon. Is the game still fun without other people since I assume it will be dead as soon as 5 hits?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

RDR2 does everything right that I wish Death Stranding did. For a game with so much more in it, all the minutiae feels right and weighty. Death Stranding just does a fraction of that, plus terrain traversal tools.

Well this is certainly an opinion.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

kill all bitcoiners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Ooh, the devs of Card Quest recently released to EA a new survival-themed deck builder with the terrible name Card Survival: Tropical Island. Haven't played it yet but I loving love Card Quest, so I'll def be grabbing this.