Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

you vastly overestimate the average gamer

much likelier it drove sales

e :

The 7th Guest posted:

and another two horny people to buy it

gently caress, beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ty for darksiders, I hadnt played the original

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

"eat the booty like groceries" is my only rear end creed

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ErrEff posted:

Scoping down a game doesn't automatically make it worse.

if it's done properly, I agree with you entirely

a rushed hatchet job like this situation implies? not a chance

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Cardiovorax posted:

Did you have to buy those separately or were they included with the Hitman 2? It came up in the thread a while ago but I can't remember which one it was.

the legacy maps dlc was free if you have hitman 2016, all you had to do was log in to hitman 2

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

you lose points for not being conspicuously disguised as a cowboy a pink flamingo mascot a clown Santa Claus

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2X3wlvoShg

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I think its literally insane to buy something twice, especially knowing that most of you aren't even going to play it. Well, that's my hot take on it, seeya

*cries in Skyrim*

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the ETs would be fantastic if they simply gave you 48 hours to complete them from the moment you first listen to the briefing (with the cutscene timer already clearly indicating this is the case - no change needed!). There would still be a time incentive to fully explore this alternate scenario immediately, but without the threat of missing an event due to scheduling conflicts.

You could still spread out their release to keep interest going

e : hire me IOI

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

you basically NEED to have the synergies mod installed for torchlight II to be halfway decent

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Hub Cat posted:

Torchlight 3 looks boring and stiff like an MMO turned into a ARPG

literally what it is

e: gently caress, beaten

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Fargin Icehole posted:

Cool. Rogue Legacy was fantastic, and I'd like to see the improvement on the formula

lol make sure never to post this in the roguelike thread

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

in retrospect all those projects suddenly severing ties/distancing themselves from chris over the years make a whole loving load of sense

e: I wish he had been outed earlier

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ludonarrative dissonance :circlefap:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

meh this has nothing on that one crazy japanese horse racing game

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if your game includes a friendly dog npc, yet the player does not have the option of petting said dog, you can gently caress right off with your bullshit game for idiots

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

bloodstained's first boss because immeasurably easier once you realize you should let one of the squid enemies alive and use it to deflect the water stream attack from the boss

...it's the only way to defeat it in Nightmare mode

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 12, 2020

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I could care less if you stopped bringing that poo poo up all the time; stop trying to make me care

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Fallom posted:

that game where you write notes of encouragement to other people is a strand game

Demons Souls now canonically a Strand game

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I only ever played bloodstained like I did Sotn : With the overpowered flurry of hits from the crissaegrim equivalent and its endgame counterpart

combine it with the Welcome Company as a shield and you become a walking blender

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

there's really nowhere to go with SUPERHOT's story anyways

more stylish killing is all there is left

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The moment you decide to stop playing MOBAs video games is the moment that you beat them.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I love that this video, as batshit insane as it may sound, is actually a decent summary of the MGS franchise

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MP3's biggest crime is not emphasizing melee kills as a way to keep your bullet time chain going, rushing from one hapless mook to the next while popping off headshots in-between

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Call Your Grandma posted:

sounds like a very unethical person. also, intra-party conflict is good and makes for much more interesting narratives. this is why Vegeta is one of the most iconic heroes of our time.

:crossarms:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Propaganda Hour posted:

Are y'all complaining about skill checks leading to negative results again? Read the drat text and don't just click on things with brackets. Wasteland 3 absolutely screws you over if you blindly click skill checks the first time you meet the Patriarch you can med skill check his hand tremor and he HATES you if you do it and New Vegas: Dead Money is full of checks that ultimately lead to bad endings if you click them: Don't let Dean know that you're smart.

iirc the only check that truely matters is the initial bartering check because you put Dean in his place and tell him he's not in a position of power. That makes him turn on you later on.

you can more or less tell Dean to gently caress off otherwise

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Meridian posted:

Ave, true to Caesar.

if anyone could read that as anything other than "ah-way, true to kai-zar" then they need to replay New Vegas

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Cardiovorax posted:

After playing New Vegas, I was amused to read up on Roman Latin and find out that Caesar actually was probably pronounced fairly similarly to that.

true; hell several words like "Tsar" and "Kaiser" evolved from "Caesar" because of it

it's just the way they use a half-assed English/Latin mix that always gets me - they're not Romans, they're just cosplaying.

e: corrected. gently caress, my German isn't what it used to be (which wasn't much to begin with)

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 10, 2020

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

I think if I ever played DE I'd be terminally paralyzed from indecision

put more points in Volition

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I keep trying to play Doom 2016 but the number of times you get locked in a room and have to shoot waves of enemies turns me off. Which is upsetting because when it's not doing that its one of the best FPS games I've ever played.

I hope Eternal got rid of that.

ho ho ho boy did it ever NOT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9ZsFT_eqXY

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I love it when the rollercoaster comes to a screeching halt and only starts back up again after I've solved a Rubik's cube.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:perfect:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

I know I'll regret asking about this, but which of thousands of Assassin's Creed games are worth checking out. I know the latest that came out was Valhalla, but I see a few titles go on sale on Steam and Humble Bundle for relatively cheap.

I played AC1, AC2, and AC:Brotherhood before I tapped out. I remember Assassin's Creed 3 (the American Revolution one) didn't fare real well, and it got a soft reboot of sorts with Assassin's Creed 4 (the pirate one), which I remember hearing was good. Since then, I remember there was Unity (the French Revolution one), Odyssey (the Egyptian one), and a couple of others.

Also, how is Watch Dogs Legion faring? I really like Watch Dogs 2, but the little I've heard/seen makes it sound like Watch Dogs Legion is maybe a step down for WD2.

Odyssey is the Ancient Greece one. Egypt is Origins

Ac is largely an iterative series, if you like it for what it is just stick to the latest offerings. the old ones just get emptier and jankier in comparison with every sequel\

e: beaten by orv :shrug:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the greek sea shanties are incredibly catchy and I found myself humming along with them after a while

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Cardiovorax posted:

To be fair, you could say the same thing about calling someone a "cripple." It's just not really done anymore, because social context has made it into an insult instead of merely describing a medical condition. It's possible to be over-sensitive about that kind of thing and I don't think I've ever seen "disfigurement" used in anything other than a descriptive sense, but that doesn't mean it couldn't become a slur anyway.

hence the slur treadmill - ANY word can drift from technical to slur because of pejorative usage.

Now, there's theoretically an infinite pool of POSSIBLE words we could invent to replace these, but in essence it is shifting the problem from "You shouldn't think of those people that way" to a mere "You shouldn't type these specific letters in that order". Solving the latter does absolutely NOTHING to stop the former.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

AxeManiac and questionable humor? you don't say :thunk:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Triple Triad was a great game; too bad about the whole lovely jrpg they wrapped it in

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

Sometimes all you want is some jets, and maybe some guns

careful, that kind of thinking got us BMX XXX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

dead cells is not comparable to isaac at all :confused: