Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

took this one, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Ive seen keys go unclaimed in this thread for 30 mins or more. Everything posted in the giveaway thread is gone within seconds. If there ARE bots scraping for keys its not happening in this thread

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Leal posted:

Headcrabs showed up so I grabbed a bucket and proceeded to hold it up and shoot from behind it and blocked the headcrabs whenever they made an attempt for my head. Alyx owns.

Proof that a 2d screen couldnt replicate this.
Theres no way any pleb 2d game could ever have a "pickup" and "block" button

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

VR is a gimmick that will completely die out in 5 to 10 years as consumers are less and less able to afford basic necessities.

Alyx will be the only triple A vr game the early adopters will have while they slowly succumb to organ failure

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

extremely funny that a week or so after release alyx is proving to be a sub standard fps and the "VR ONLY" aspects are boring ball puzzles

there are more people playing far cry 5 than alyx

Kly fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Mar 31, 2020

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

singateco posted:

Alyx seems good, I mean, I'm annoyed I can't play the game too, but jeez

there are lotsa videos you can watch friend. they are reminiscent of wii and kinect videos you saw 6 years ago

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

ShootaBoy posted:

Note: No one say a drat thing about that one part of that one DLC.

Whats this about?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

StrixNebulosa posted:

also on a mechanical note, how far am I going to overlevel the main quest if I do all the sidequests?

anilEhilated posted:

Never, the game scales up with your level.

You can also turn on level scaling in the options which brings all low level sidequest up to your current level so they keep giving decent gear

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

google wouldve taken you 1/10th the time as posting and been much less embarrassing

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Ambaire posted:

If someone shitposts in a thread, why do people like shitposting back instead of, I dunno, ignoring the shitpost and posting as if the first one hadn't existed?

because according to his red text people have successfully gotten rid of him before

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

rain dogs posted:

If I'm in the mood for a turn-based game should I go with Battle Brothers or XCOM2? Alternatively I could try Enemy Within again, since the new enemies handed me my rear end and I quit playing.

Xcom2 is free to play for the next 2 days so you could try it out. The complete version is also on sale for another week i think so if you like it you can buy it cheap.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i like xcom and xcom2 should i get the mechwarrior xcomlike game? i also liked mechwarrior back whenever the mercs 4 came out

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

whats the best sea dogs game?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i got battletech and when youre making your character it gives you the option to choose your pronoun including "they/them"
i checked the reviews after i finished playing for the day expecting it to be filled with tons of negative reviews because of that but its mostly positive. did this one just fly under the radar of the rightwing outrage dweebs?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I refunded a game for $12 what should i get with that? Not interested in card or puzzle games right now.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

StrixNebulosa posted:

What kind of games DO you like? And do you have Invisible Inc?

I like most types of games. Not puzzle games cause i suck at them and im not into vns. I like deck builder games but am burned out for now. Im currently playing mass effect 1 for the first time, star traders, battletech and that islanders game for 5 or 10 minutes before bed. I just gave up on xcom 2 after 250 hours and still getting my poo poo kicked in on the 2nd highest difficulty.

I played and loved invisible inc. I do like metroidvanias but not looking for one right now. Something good for shorter play sessions would be good, something easy to jump in and out of for 30 or 60 minutes

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Det_no posted:

A medium sized pizza.

I refunded to my steam wallet

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

there was a game that was pretty popular a couple years ago here that i cant remember the name of. it was a top down roguelike game with basic graphics where you would board enemy ships and try and complete a mission like hijacking it or killing an officer or something. i think i remember people talking about accidentally blowing hole in the sides of the ship and getting sucked out and floating to their death. anyone remember the name?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Edmond Dantes posted:

That sounds like Heat Signature

thats the one, thank you

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I think hes saying the opposite
Like buying three games one at a time youre less likely to notice youre spending $180

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i got mass effect 1 during the sale because ive heard so much praise for the series but never played it. i still enjoy old bioware games like KOTOR so i figured i wouldnt mind some old game design.
i was wrong. the ui and combat was better but holy moly the dialogue and VA seemed so much worse than any other bioware game that was released earlier. fortunately the main story was mercifully short.

should i even bother with ME2 next time its on sale?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

anyone who wants
WarhammerŽ 40,000: Dawn of WarŽ - Game of the Year Edition
or
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
quote me with your steam profile

also this is maybe Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
0R2VK-HYN5K-JA9XB

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Artelier posted:

That said, there's a chance you already have it if you're on Origin. I believe they gave it out at some point in the past few years.

i do have it! spent 5 minutes getting back into my origin account and there it was. thanks for the heads up.

El_Elegante posted:

You should play Mass Effect 2. If you buy it as a discount and just hate it quote this post and I’ll see if I can make it up to you.

extremely generous of you, i apparently already have ME2 though.

Shrecknet posted:

Are you playing as FemShep or GuyShep? GuyShep VA is so many leagues worse than Jennifer Hale I cant even be bothered to learn his name.

i chose guyshep because i didnt read much about the game beforehand. can i switch to femshep in ME2?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

Assassin's Cred III has to be the most well reviewed game that everybody hates. Never got into the series so I don't know why it's so bad.

i played it less than a year ago after playing through AC2, brotherhood and revelations. the biggest problem i had with it after those games was the double tutorial. you play the game for about an hour or more doing usual easy tutorial stuff then a pretty neat twist happens and you end up in another 30-60 minute long tutorial teaching you things you already did in the first part.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Can some one explain this?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

strategery posted:

Newest Humble gives you Eurpoa IV and Age of Wonders 3 for a cool buck

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...tent=hero_image

Ah jeez, i just bought battletech during the sale. I coulda got it, tyranny and stellaris all for the same price if i had waited

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Mordja posted:

...big amongst kids but I don't know where they actually play it.

My kid got it on switch. This whole genre is really popular with kids. Theres a roblox game called "piggy" thats the same sort of horror ai chase thing based on peppa pig that has hundreds of thousands of people playing it

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

sauer kraut posted:

Control is doing poorly on Steam, barely 3000 online for that kind of frontpage exposure and sale.
Hope the Epic deal was worth it :unsmith:

doesnt this prove that going with epic was the best move? if they hadnt they would still only have 3k sales but also not have gotten the guaranteed epic payout

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

ok the point still stands. if its not doing well on steam obviously taking the for sure money from epic was the smartest move. its not like people arent buying the game because it was on epic first

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Two Point Hospital says "Play for free until 31 Aug @ 11:00am. Offer ends 31 Aug @ 11:00am." but i cant see a way to download it. Store only has an add to cart button.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i want to play a game i know i own but i forget the name and steams new sorting situation wont let me just see everything i have.
its an older game maybe 4ish years old, fps rogueish game the ads for the game were like old 90s shooter ads levels are on a spaceship.
i thought it was called strife but thats showing a different game.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Mordja posted:

Close, Strafe.

thats the one, thanks

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

if a plug a new sdd into my compy can i just drag and drop my steam folder to the new one and itll work? or do i have to do something else?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

why is my steamapps folder 160gigs when i have less than 50gigs of games downloaded?

Kly fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 15, 2020

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

found the thin man

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

theres a fo4 mod that makes settlement building the main focus of the game and its pretty darn good. i spent over 100 hours playing fallout sim city and had a ton of fun.
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21872

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Ive been playing battletech and its fun but it also really makes me want to play mechwarrior. I know mwo sucks so what other options are there?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i bought darkwood was surprised to see this game that looks pretty simple is some how 8gigs

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Red Mundus posted:

I'm kind of glad you asked the question to be honest because I was interested in the game too which lead me to find this lovely thread.

So yeah, good call to avoid this game.

yikes
the devs seem pretty reasonable there though. other than seeming real keen to get the word into the game in another way...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Elite Dangerous is free on epic game store this week